Mark Halsey is the ref for Sunday

Guest intercity0wl

A poor referee, but they all are, but people are right it could have been worse, much worse

Edited by intercity0wl

You might get all the Prem pundits and players complaining about their officials, but they haven't seen anything compared to the level of officiating down in L1. Pleased they've got a ref from a higher level in for this one, which is no doubt going to get feisty.

I was abroad for the first derby of the year, but had oinker friends saying we just fouled them all the time. I've since seen our equaliser, which was never a foul, and hope the Halsey in this game, like the ref in the last game, isn't to his whistle as soon as there's any contact (all over the park, but especially in the box on set-pieces).

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Had him in the 2-0 in 2008 if I remember right, good omen!

Was that the one where Kilgallon got sent off for a foul which was a yellow at worst?

No sorry, different game, the one I'm thinking of is 1-0 when Watson scored

Edited by Milan Mandaric - God

Halsey is an excellent choice. He's reffed the Sheffield derby a couple of times in the past and done a great job in keeping it under control - if I remember right he didn't give out a single yellow card in one of the derby's?

He hasn't gave any red card's this season either - very lenient referee.

Guest intercity0wl

Could be worse, does not seem to have officiated too bad since his illness and appears to play with a smile on his face these days.

Just out of Curiosity have you a link to this exclusive info you have provided ? as there is nothing showing on the usual sites that list appointments, and which usually dont come out till TUESDAY anyway