Play-offs - will we make it?

Guest bigblue

Guest bigblue

look at the table, take the games in hand into account....

look at our recent form, look at the options available in the squad that could change our fortunes...

I'm worried!!!

Probably make the playoffs - just worried about what happens then. One thing is for sure - the squad assembled by GM will need a complete overhaul if we do manage to make it into the CCC. To be fair, the policy of buying players of league 1 standard is paying off at the moment - looks like that is where we may be next season. False economy as ever!

Most sides that have gone up via play offs have done ok without spending vast amounts of money.

Like I said yesterday 6 wins and maybe a couple of draws will be enough.

I'd fancy our chances even against Stevanage in a play off final.

50,000 Wednesdayites v 10,000 Stevanage fans would make Wembley feel like a second Hillsborough.

Why does it matter if we do or don't?

Umm, because we are Sheffield Wednesday fans and we would like to get promoted, and as we are obviously not good enough to go up automatically at this stage in our rebuild, the play offs represents another route.

Most sides that have gone up via play offs have done ok without spending vast amounts of money.

Like I said yesterday 6 wins and maybe a couple of draws will be enough.

I'd fancy our chances even against Stevanage in a play off final.

50,000 Wednesdayites v 10,000 Stevanage fans would make Wembley feel like a second Hillsborough.

yep, cause Stevenage really crumbled at the first Hillsborough ! :biggrin:

Guest Johnbloodaxe

The automatic spot is still by no means away from us, we can still knock the piggies off that spot, and the rest of em, the piggies always have a bad run late on whereas we have just had ours so here goes for second place...

The automatic spot is still by no means away from us, we can still knock the piggies off that spot, and the rest of em, the piggies always have a bad run late on whereas we have just had ours so here goes for second place...

so our bad run has come to an end......thank fu ck for that, onwards and upwards.....wtid

Guest SemedoISgod

morale is low atm. You never know, back to back wins against chesterfield and the blunts, and the entire situation we're in will be different. morale will be high, we'd be 3 points closer to 2nd place, and in the worst case, 6 points closer to safety within the play-offs, although i don't have any doubt wednesday can't pick enough points up from here to may to make the play-offs,

look at the table, take the games in hand into account....

look at our recent form, look at the options available in the squad that could change our fortunes...

I'm worried!!!

There is no way we wont finish top 6, we may be having a bad run, but we are still a decent team and better than anyone outside the current top 6.

If we dont finish top 6 I will donate £50 to the special care baby unit!!! (and I dont part with my money easily).

I've said in another thread, the last thing we want is to finish 3rd. The team that finishes 3rd never seems to in up

This season though, I think finishing 3rd would be our best chance.

If we finished 3rd, then the chances are we'd be getting rid of MK Dons or Hudds because they'd be playing each other. Finish 4th or 5th and we've got to put to bed MK Dons AND Hudds.