Jon Otsemobor

someone please tell him:

START RUNNING WITH THE flipping BALL!!!!!!!!!!

flip me ... why does he, once he's received the ball, stand their and offload it to someone else or or try crossing the ball??!! .. the guy is meant to be lightning so why doesn't he run when he has the ball like JJ?? up the wing, through the middle, show some enthusiasm and like you want the ball at your feet instead of pooing your rumbleing undercrackers and getting rid of it like a hot potato

so frustrating ... if he can't run with the ball then dump him out the team because apart from his so called pace, the guy offers NOTHING

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Guest mansfieldowl

lack of confidence. itll do that to you when 18000 people instantly get on your back for losing possesion. i know hes a pro and should be used to it but when your confidence is gone you could be playing in front of 1 or 100000000 and its still the same.

This was one of the biggest issues yesterday the width was supposed to come from the fullbacks. Semi supplied none at all untill 5 minutes from the end and Buxton struggled on the left as his does not have a good enough left foot and wanted to cut back on to right. If Reda is unavailable we need a left footed option and Bennett ain't it. Buxton needs to stay on the right a semi just hasn't been good enough this year.

Guest jimmyowl77

He was awful last night, didn't even try and head the ball clear for their goal, why we didn't play Buxton in his preferred position, prob best right back in the league.

Instead Megson played Buxton out of position when we had leftback on the bench.

As soon as semi is given the ball any impotus in the attack is gone. He stops, looks round for 2 minutes and then either turns back or gives it away. A few weeks ago he was taking on full backs, overlapping the wingers and looking a real threat. What the heck has happened to him?

There were many players last night that when they got the ball instead of taking a touch forward into the space they had and putting Stevenage under pressure they resorted to taking a touch and coming backwards thus allowing at least two Stevenage players to get back into position. The amount of times our players received the ball and were stood resulting in the ball being under their feet eventually having to go backwards again or getting robbed in possession.

We didn't keep the ball moving by playing easy passes to players 10 yards away. I was watching the subs warm up at half time and couldn't help thinking that Carl Wells the fitness coach was passing tha ball firmer and better than our players.

...Buxton struggled on the left as his does not have a good enough left foot and wanted to cut back on to right.

And these guys are paid how much?

It's scandalous that a player cannot (or will not) ensure he is competent with both feet. If I made sure I could do it at the humble level I played at there is absolutely no excuse for someone who does it for a living.

It's a travesty really that we have 2 wingers in the entire squad.

It's even more of a travesty that we have been lacking in that area since the end of last season. Among the options tried out wide this season at various points have been D.Jones, M.Jones, Uchechi, Palmer, Lines, Prutton, Marshall, Tavernier, Sedgwick, Buxton, J.Johnson, Bostock and Lowe. How the bloody hell do we end up in a situation where THIRTEEN different players have been used on the wings and most of them are out of position in the first place?

It's even more of a travesty that we have been lacking in that area since the end of last season. Among the options tried out wide this season at various points have been D.Jones, M.Jones, Uchechi, Palmer, Lines, Prutton, Marshall, Tavernier, Sedgwick, Buxton, J.Johnson, Bostock and Lowe. How the bloody hell do we end up in a situation where THIRTEEN different players have been used on the wings and most of them are out of position in the first place?

Also add O Connor and Reda to that, but just looking through that list there, JJ and Marshall are the only real wingers on it,

Everybody else is a full back or a central midfielder who "can also be used on the wing" i'm sick of seeing that sort of thing when we sign players, I have no doubt John Bostock would be quality in the middle of the park, but never going to be a winger.

Forget people who "can also be used on the wing" because it means nothing, Rob Jones could techincally be used on the wing, doesnt mean he's any good at it, and ffs just sign an actual winger.

He was weak as wee wee for the goal but other than that it was one of his better recent games

Don't understand why he played last night though, wasn't Bennett supposed to have been ok at Exeter?