Top 5 Toughest Wednesday Players

I dont go back too far however name your hardest 5 players to have pulled a Wednesday shirt on.

1. Mike Lyons

2. Graham Coughlan

3. Lee Chapman (Bit namby pamby to look at but he would have headed a cannonball if someone had crossed it)

4. Jose Samedo

5. Andy Pearce mmmm got a bit stuck ............... not really hard was he.

I'm sure the pre 80s mob will enlighten us some more with tales of bloody hardness!!

I agree

1 Mike Lyons

2. Graham Coughlan

3. Lee Chapman (Bit namby pamby to look at but he would have headed a cannonball if someone had crossed it)

4. Reda

5. Jose Semedo

Are these in the right order - I think the ones who came off most matches covered in blood should have the top 3 spots.

Well I can go back a lot further.

60s (1) Graham Pugh and (2) Vic Mobley both as hard as nails.

70s (3) Jeff Johnson did all the dirty work and then gave the ball to Brain Hornsby to distribute. Also agree with (4) Mick Lyons

90's (5) Carlton Palmer, did'nt look up to much but never neshed a tackle and could mix it with anyone.

Well I can go back a lot further.

60s (1) Graham Pugh and (2) Vic Mobley both as hard as nails.

70s (3) Jeff Johnson did all the dirty work and then gave the ball to Brain Hornsby to distribute. Also agree with (4) Mick Lyons

90's (5) Carlton Palmer, did'nt look up to much but never neshed a tackle and could mix it with anyone.

Football was undoubtedly much harder in the 60s thats why Im sticking with 70s onwards (change of thread title required ) - Im not sure about Carlton - loved him and his attitude but not that tough was he ??

Guy Branston - harder than Semedo ??

Hirsty ??

Thoughts

Edited by madowl47