Worst Outgoing Transfer Ever?

Big Dil, as we used to call him, Dalian Atkinson. Was in Ibiza wi lads and was gutted when I picked up a 2 day old paper and read the bad news!! No social media/mobiles in them days!!

Selling Grant Holt to fund the purchase of Kim Olsen is the most recent poor sale.

We had no cash and (whilst admittedly raw) Holt looked a great prospect.

I always thought he was shocking! Can't believe he's done as well as he has, fair play to the lad

Whats even more depressing is that we tend to sell the good ones and reject offers for the ones that dont make it.

£4m for Ritchie Humphreys rejected. I'm sure we couldve got money for the likes of Morrison and Quinn too.

Its easier said than done as there wouldve been hell on at the time had we sold them, but its depressing to look back on the ones we sold and the ones we kept.

Selling Grant Holt to fund the purchase of Kim Olsen is the most recent poor sale.

Turner on Olsen at the time

"He's tall, he's mobile and he can strike a ball"

I didnt see any evidence other than the tall bit, he was about a second behind everything. He'd jump for headers after the ball had gone!

Nice one! The only player of ours worth watching that season.

He was a great player, I was at the 6-2 stuffing of Leeds and him and Waddle were on a different plain to everyone else. I suppose that's why he left, it can't have been fun for a player as technically skilled as Degryse to have to play with the likes of Briscoe and Nolan.

he may well have done if pearson and shirtliff had been fit to play but they wern't so he had to play at the back and for him to threaten to pull out that day coz he couldnt play up front tells you everything you need to know about the bloke .he played up front in the league cup final and he didnt trouble the arsenal back 4 to much that day .

and Viv Anderson was also out for the replay, we didn't have a fit centre half at the club hence Palmer and Warhurst had to play there. I can't think of any other alternatives apart from maybe Palmer and Worthington??

Warhurst was signed as a defender . He was only switched up front because of an injury crisis,

yep agreed that was kind of my point he was signed as a centre back and played well there at times but made too many mistakes there. He was great up front though for which TF deserves credit

If a club is desperate to sell, we were lucky to get that much for him.

The fans were royally shafted by power hungry imbeciles running the club.

pure speculation of course bit I believe certain people didn't want their rep tarnished hindering future aspirations - surely not?

Whats even more depressing is that we tend to sell the good ones and reject offers for the ones that dont make it.

£4m for Ritchie Humphreys rejected. I'm sure we couldve got money for the likes of Morrison and Quinn too.

Its easier said than done as there wouldve been hell on at the time had we sold them, but its depressing to look back on the ones we sold and the ones we kept.

Gobsmacked I've never heard about that! Who put that bid in?

I was going to suggest Holt. At the time though no-one complained - he wasn't particularly popular with Wednesday fans.

You look at the decisions that relegated us as the stinkers.

Wilson selling Di Canio

Turner selling Sibon

Alan Irvine

Don't think i would blame Turner for selling Sibon.

He went because he had to be off the wage bill.

Jemson's career fell apart after the car crash he was involved in. Hardly Tricky Trev's fault... And Sinton a bad signing ? How was that Francis' fault ? Sinton was an England international.

When was the car crash before or after he signed? Did not rate him from day one. Yep Sinton was a bad signing tho have to admit that was with the benefit of hindsight

You're on the wind up now ... So Francis was at fault for signing the England keeper ?

it was a lot for us to spend on a keeper (our record signing i think) when we already had two good uns. not saying Woods was bad thought he was a great shot stopper and at saving one on ones but not great in the air, crosses etc. Just think out of almost 3 million spent on 3 players Woods, Jemson and Warhurst we could have spent that money better elsewhere. I thought our priorities were a forward (not Jemson), a left midfielder/winger and a centre half and would have focused on those areas rather than a keeper. Warhurst was a great signing btw.