Ryan Lowe

He works with his strike partner as exactly that - a partner. COG and Madine don't do that, and show no signs of developing anything.

Noticeable COG improved when Lowe came on, and Morrison thrived too. Lowe and Clint would be DESPERATE to start together at S6.

I'd give Lowe and Morrison a try too. No harm in starting with them on Tuesday

Lowe needs a good run he often outhinks defenders, with a little luck and a bit more confidence and composure ,you would see him getting the goals , don't forget he was settled in rochdales side when he was banging the goals in , since he has been here he is at the moment a bitpart player ,, you can see that the fella knows what to do , give him a proper chance ,if he doesen't take it then fine ,none of the strikers are pulling up trees at the moment so whats to lose ,Clinton and lowe for me experiance and football brain

Edited by trevdi9

I think that is how Madine is to an extent, but his work rate in the last couple of games have been nothing like the Madine at the start of the season, and yeah he's been out injured but he should be working like he was and when he's knackered he'll get taken off. Not walking about moaning

imo him and COG can't play together, neither of them has great movement but if It comes down to it and it's either Madine or COG, right now I'd choose COG. Simply because in the last 2 games Madine hasn't really offered anything.

i totally agree. together, they are too static. they can flick it on for each other, but then there's nothing to do. Lowe is the one that gets into the spaces behind the defenders and makes things happen. Clinton is a half way house that works well too, but together nothing happens. it's fortune if one of them gets on the end of something and has a chance.

Lowe needs a good run he often outhinks defenders, with a little luck and a bit more confidence and composure ,you would see him getting the goals , don't forget he was settled in rochdales side , since he has been here he is at the moment a bitpart player ,, you can see that the fella bknows what to do , give him a proper chance ,if he doesen't take it then fine ,none of the strikers are pulling up trees at the moment so whats to lose ,Clinton and lowe for me experiance and football brain

*whispers in Trevs ear* he played for Bury :)

Guest Deleted member

Eh! How many goals per starts does Morrison have for Wednesday when compared with Lowe!

I love it that someone called Jeffers9 is talking abut goals per start ratios lol

I like Ryan Lowes workrate, but he suffers from a lack of pace - which I suspect is why he feels the need to run the gauntlet of the offside trap so much - something which causes our attacks to break down quite frequently. He does have a poachers eye too - but against Blackpool he looked every bit what he is - a lower league striker who has never played above this level.

For me - I would play Madine over C'oG and would pair him with Morrison - who creates far more than CoG and does. That said I really admire CoGs workrate too - but theres no way a fit Madine shouldnt be starting every game as our leading scorer

We looked FAR FAR better when he came on, when he was running the channels and reading COG headers much much better than Madine was.

COG and Lowe to start against Blackpool.

Totally agree with you, it was his movement off the ball alone which gave their defence something to think about

for the first time in the match. Also when Morrison came on for O'Grady we were "forced" to keep it on the floor

and I think the whole team became more involved. I would love to see if we could play this way with either Madine and/or

O'Grady as I think they have so much more to offer than getting on the end of long balls.

Guest Big Guns

said it before and now im saying it again we need a totaly new strike force ours just isnt good enough

once again reda baails them out if reda or a defender doesnt score we struggle

Guest Foxhill Owl

said it before and now im saying it again we need a totaly new strike force ours just isnt good enough

once again reda baails them out if reda or a defender doesnt score we struggle

Our defenders do chip in with the goals witch is great, we lack pace up front , on so many occasions this season a bit of pace up top we would kill games off.

Yeovil CB Hinds n other kid were 6 footers yet we still hoofed it up top, Lowe and Morrison came on ball into feet . Yeovil back line looked poor. Lowe would be in my starting line up all day long.

Morrison and Lowe on tuesday night they deserve there chance

Guest Big Guns

Our defenders do chip in with the goals witch is great, we lack pace up front , on so many occasions this season a bit of pace up top we would kill games off.

Yeovil CB Hinds n other kid were 6 footers yet we still hoofed it up top, Lowe and Morrison came on ball into feet . Yeovil back line looked poor. Lowe would be in my starting line up all day long.

Morrison and Lowe on tuesday night they deserve there chance

Never guess wot happened to me last night ...only got stranded in chapelfookintown ,couldn't get a taxi cos of the snow jumped on a bus had to walk up church street to the black bull was like a flippingsnowman.

I love it that someone called Jeffers9 is talking abut goals per start ratios lol

I like Ryan Lowes workrate, but he suffers from a lack of pace - which I suspect is why he feels the need to run the gauntlet of the offside trap so much - something which causes our attacks to break down quite frequently. He does have a poachers eye too - but against Blackpool he looked every bit what he is - a lower league striker who has never played above this level.

For me - I would play Madine over C'oG and would pair him with Morrison - who creates far more than CoG and does. That said I really admire CoGs workrate too - but theres no way a fit Madine shouldnt be starting every game as our leading scorer

Why should madine start over COG just because he's leading goal scorer? If he isn't putting the performances in then he shouldn't be playing imo, just like anyone else

Don't like all this 'fully' fit stuff either. If he wasn't fit enough to be playing then he wouldn't be. He broke a toe ffs, other players have been out longer and look less lathargic on the pitch.

I'd start with Madine if he pulls his finger out and puts the same work rate in that he was previously but he can't expect to play just on previous performances. He seems to have gone back to last seasons Madine in last few games

Madine does everything cog does plus score.

Him and Madine should start

Absolute Bullsh1t.

Madine was terrible yesterday. COG put a right shift in. Madine got face on early doors that things weren't falling for him, COG didn't moan as usual and got on with his job, even though he was being torn down every 5 minutes by their centre half.

Guest Foxhill Owl

Never guess wot happened to me last night ...only got stranded in chapelfookintown ,couldn't get a taxi cos of the snow jumped on a bus had to walk up church street to the black bull was

like a flippingsnowman.

Listen Big Lad lol

It was snowing in chapletown dint say it was 3 foot , just snowing lol