Ryan Lowe

Madine has been awful the last 2 games. Let's see:

COG - someone that is going to work his socks off for the team' put in a performance even of he doesn't score

Madine - do bugger all and every time he loses the ball, blames someone else

I know who I would choose on last few performances, and as Megson said in his post match interview, he doesn't care what players have previously done, the only thing that matters are their performances now and in my opinion, at the min Madine isn't pulling his weight.

I like Madine, when he works hard and actually looks like he can be arsed, and coincidently that seems to be when he's gettin the goals. He's been so lathargic last couple games

Sounded on the commentary that when Lowe came on, the whole tempo of our game improved.

And when that happened it seemed to open up more space and the goals came.

Are COG and Madine too similar and more predictable to defend against from an opposition defender's perspective?

Guest Foxhill Owl

Madine does everything cog does plus score.

Him and Madine should start

That's very wrong IMO. Madine did flip all 2day , nothing

This is the key point.

He pushes teams back, i personally think he might be a yard too slow to start, but COG and Madine doesn't seem to work.

Yeah a couple times today he may have got through but for his pace.

Personally I would rather have people getting in the positions and missing rather than never getting the chances because the one getting in positions to score is obviously more likely to than the one that isn't.

Based. Performances that's why.

Madine did zilch. Ogrady worked hard.

Y would you pick Madine other Ogrady ??

Do you think Madine worked harder ??

I thought both were poor today.

However, Madine can do everything COG does and he scores. Playing him with Lowe and he'll be back to his best

lowe is a very good striker who can play the percentages ,ok he misses a few ,but nothing that a good run in the team would'nt cure,

seems to me either his partner is to slow putting the ball to him ,or he is trying too hard , either way get that right and the goals will come .

Guest intercity0wl

Lowe did look very lively when he came on although frustrated me how he kept on straying offside, especially in a couple of situations where he had time to look down the line.

Could it maybe that the through ball is delayed just a tad too long ?

Guest Foxhill Owl

I thought both were poor today.

However, Madine can do everything COG does

and he scores. Playing him with Lowe and he'll be back to his best

That's not true Madine can't hold the ball up gets pusses of to easy.

Doesn't make runs to lazy, weather it a confindence thing with Madine maybe so .

COG dies twice as much work as madine

I don't think cog works any harder generally - but I don't think Madine is back up to full fitness and confidence yet.

I like cog but him and Madine don't work and if pick our leading goal scorer over him every time.

At times in the first half we had midfielders moving forward with the ball with not too many options for a pass. There didnt seem to be much off ball movement and Yeovil were happy to sit back and lap up the little that we had to offer.

When Lowe came on his movement up front alone unsettled their back four. Defenders were having to move out of position to mark him and this allowed others to exploit the gaps. Everything that Lowe does both with and without the ball has a positive effect on the whole team and this showed today. At times he hasnt been clinical enough, but today he played well. Deserves a run in the side IMO.

Guest steve007

We looked FAR FAR better when he came on, when he was running the channels and reading COG headers much much better than Madine was.

COG and Lowe to start against Blackpool.

spot on mate two big lads dosnt work a lot better second half when lowe came on and i hate to say but morrison and lowe linked up very well and seem to have a bit of an understanding

Guest Foxhill Owl

I don't think cog works any harder generally - but I don't think Madine is back up to full fitness and confidence yet.

I like cog but him and Madine don't work and if pick our leading goal scorer over him every time.

Fairs fair , that's your opion.

But COG better lol

He works harder he stronger.

Madine to weak gets pushed about to easy x

Lowe and Morrison to be given a chance together?

Definately think we need a different option with Lowe, then its 1 of 3. Based on current performances it's either Morrison or COG.

COG frustrates me at times as he doesn't hit the target often enough, but he offers more in open play than Morrison.

Madine was very poor today but is still our #1 striker. Needs to remember that his goals came when his work rate went through the roof - lazy today I thought and needs to pull his finger out

Lowe does a lot of running but needs to hit the target, he's all about goals and fluffed 2 great chances today. But he's a proven finisher and we're criminally underusing him at the moment IMO.

Though COG was unlucky to be subbed but Clinton did really well, nice build up play and instrumental in the winner. I love his attitude at the moment, must be great to have around the place

Guest Foxhill Owl

Megson made 3 very good subs 2day.

Lowe for Madine , Lowe made some very good runs, created chances, and had some chances.

Morrison for Ogrady . Never did I think Ogrady would go off. But fair play to megson Morrison played a key part in the winning goal his link up play was good, won a fair few headers.

Buxton for Otsy. Was they key 1 for me in a funny way. Buxton attacking ment that there LM had to track back, were as before he sat on Otsys toes. And he broke quick , Buxton attacks the wings alot better than Otsy Wich causes them problems in there LM was tracking back Wich if he was back he couldn't counter attack as quick.

3 game winning substitutions from KING MEGSON.