most pleasure from a wednesday goal

Blimey...tis a tough one...all the above.. haha!!....Brighty at Wemberlee....Shez cup winning shot...Waddles stunner....Whitton....Knighton....TC at t'sty all memorable....Spiders at Blackburn got the best reaction probably....a mental day out....for me probably cos it was when I was first becoming properly addicted to watching The Owls a one two combo of Prendo and Potts v Southend at Hillsboro 75/76 to keep us in the division we are in now...we'd had crowds as low as 7-8k....come the last match had to win to stay up....25,000 plus turn up and we go two up in the first eaf....Id never heard the crowd so loud or passionate...everyone went berserk....obviously being The Wednesday we then let one in and crapped ourselves for the last 20 mins or so....but got thro it and stayed up...believe you me we were dire for 80% of that season....shocking!!!....oooohhang on tho'... Paulo at Souithampton was a good un...Irsty v Villa...Brunty at Leeds...etcetcetc

However, its been mentioned already, but Crossleys goal v Southampton was incredible to say it only secured a point. Felt like 6 points at the time. Just brilliant and very few people can say theyve seen a keeper score live so that adds to it.

That was a great moment. The big lad leapt like a salmon. Big crowd as well if I remember right

Talbot at Cardiff or Quinns at hull 2005

Defo these two. Prob take Quinn's over Talbot's as it confirmed us in the playoffs in the last min. Plus pooing on Hull's promotion party too (we're good at that!). Talbot's was more icing on the cake.

I know it may sound a bit soppy, but Talbots at the millenium.....My lad was about 16, never seen 'em win owt...I had seen thge Atkinson years, The Sheffield Semi, League cup...So i knew how fleetingly those sort of situations come round for Wednesday fans...I'd been going since the mid 60's...seen them lift one cup in all that time, obviously had the promotions under Charlton and Wilkiinson...but at 2-1 down at Cardiff I looked at me lads face and it was a mirror of mine in the semi against Brighton, against Everton.. '93 Arsenal, the resignation..the stoical ..."Oh well its the Wednesday way" that you beat into yer kids with a fvckin' blue and white stick, then Macca put that pen in....Whelan got the 3rd.....and still you're expecting the pear shaped purgatory that Wednesday bring....I hardly cheered Whelans...i just bunched me fists , and took me mind to that place Wednesday fans go to when you think its going to turn to sh*te, and I was not bothered about me..been there done it bought the T shirt read the book...I was simply thinking of the lad....then Talbot got away....last bloody minute....one on one with the keeper...and all the younger Owls fans were screaming shoot!!!...us older lads were advisin' he headed for the corner flag and held it...then the net bulged...I have honestly never gone as mental...I was a fookin' embarrasment..to meself, me family and me club....

I know it may sound a bit soppy, but Talbots at the millenium.....My lad was about 16, never seen 'em win owt...I had seen thge Atkinson years, The Sheffield Semi, League cup...So i knew how fleetingly those sort of situations come round for Wednesday fans...I'd been going since the mid 60's...seen them lift one cup in all that time, obviously had the promotions under Charlton and Wilkiinson...but at 2-1 down at Cardiff I looked at me lads face and it was a mirror of mine in the semi against Brighton, against Everton.. '93 Arsenal, the resignation..the stoical ..."Oh well its the Wednesday way" that you beat into yer kids with a fvckin' blue and white stick, then Macca put that pen in....Whelan got the 3rd.....and still you're expecting the pear shaped purgatory that Wednesday bring....I hardly cheered Whelans...i just bunched me fists , and took me mind to that place Wednesday fans go to when you think its going to turn to sh*te, and I was not bothered about me..been there done it bought the T shirt read the book...I was simply thinking of the lad....then Talbot got away....last bloody minute....one on one with the keeper...and all the younger Owls fans were screaming shoot!!!...us older lads were advisin' he headed for the corner flag and held it...then the net bulged...I have honestly never gone as mental...I was a fookin' embarrasment..to meself, me family and me club....

Not an embarrasment.......a credit!

you,me and about 42500 others mate!!!!!!!!!!

Nah..youve not seen me "mental celebration" mate...I do the usual jump up shout "YESSS!!!" during yer ordinary game...but me Goal versus Blades..or cup final..or promotion celebration is a cross between break dancin', sneezin' and an epileptic fit...Ive even had fellow Wednesday fans ask me if... "I'm alright" ....afterwards....

Blackburn away when Mellor put that header in...I was actually chewin' a crash barrier... I couldn't think of owt else to do....Mark Bright Sheffield semi..I appartently made a noise like a British battleship durin' world war 11....that "Whoopp whoop" wotsit....(so I'm told)

I mean i'm bleedin' 54 years old...I should have some dignity.....I usually have most of the time...I can discourse on most any subject in a gentlemanly manner away from Hillsborough....Once i trot through the turnstiles I turn into some sort of fookin' idiot that spouts sh*te...and I know i'm doing it...but can't help it.....unformed bleedin' sentences...gutteral chronic moanings.

.Do you know to this day theres a few lads who rip the p*ss cos of a Waddle shout once....

Waddle was on the wing, and Hirst was through in the middle....I meant to shout...."Through the middle Waddle"...I jumped up and screamed....."Widdle Waddle Widdle Waddle"...I was pilloried in the pub afterwards...I need fvcin' medication.!

All of the above, and i'll add in Megson's against Liverpool at home in the league cup game late 80's, drew 2-2.

Carl Shutt's against West Ham FACup QF.

Deon Burton's at Birmingham in the 1-1 draw (Friday night?)

However in recent times the one that sticks out for me was Leon Clarke's late goal at Leicester in the season we just avoided relegation. He jumped into the crowd afterwards.

Guest Foxhill Owl

for me talbot in playoff final or bullen against man city in cup haha

What anyway day that was at city . Freezing cold if I can remember right.

Missed bullens goal turned around to talk to mates .

Which Wednesday goal has given you the most pleasure. For me it was Sheridans winning goal at Wembley in '91. The underdogs from division 2 beating the clear favourites from manchester and probabally the only time in my lifetime i will see Wednesday lifting a cup at Wembley

Your mom was sat on my face when Bright put that header past the Pigs in the semi '93 - That was pretty epic!!!