most pleasure from a wednesday goal

Weirdest one was Spurr scoring a last minute screamer against...who was it against...can't remember.

It was on Sky, I was at home in London, watching on a MASSIVE projector screen I'd just set up.

Wanted to punch the ceiling in but for one problem...

A friend had just called me and I'd answered his 30 seconds earlier...

His message...his girlfriend had died the day before.

Such a strange feeling having these two things colliede :wacko::unsure::blush:

Weirdest one was Spurr scoring a last minute screamer against...who was it against...can't remember.

It was on Sky, I was at home in London, watching on a MASSIVE projector screen I'd just set up.

Wanted to punch the ceiling in but for one problem...

A friend had just called me and I'd answered his 30 seconds earlier...

His message...his girlfriend had died the day before.

Such a strange feeling having these two things colliede :wacko::unsure::blush:

Plymouth?

Tudgays second against blades to make it 2-0 after sodje scored the first...first time we'd played them for ages and then made sure of victory..First time id seen them win Blades since 1993 and it was bye bye to Bryan Robson (sad really :) )

Took lead against Brum at Hillsbro, Buxton scored...Kop was really loud..day spoiled by predictable last min by Kev Phillips.

I was listening to Wednesday/Hull match at Uni on headphones...when quinn scored I couldnt believe it..I was texting everyone I knew at the match getting all silly and giddy.

When JPMcgovern scored in first leg and then peacock scored in second leg a trip to Cardiff was nailed on...Love that feeling when daydreams become reality..

David Hirst vs Man Utd at home about September 94. I was 13 and all my glory hunting Man U supporting schoolmates were giving me loads because they'd beat us 5-0 and 4-1 in the two previous meetings. I was the solitary Wednesday fan in my year at school in Hull, roughly fifty Man U fans. The feeling of smugness as I walked down the corridor with my blue and white stripes dangling out from under my school sweatshirt should probably have got me beaten up. I've still got the Match Of The Day on a VHS tape in my loft somewhere.

Guest SnookerOwl

For pure relief, it was Hirsty's header in front of the Kop vs Blackburn in the 2nd leg semi-final of the League Cup in 92-93 season.

They'd scored early doors, which put us under a ton of pressure, bringing it back to 4 - 3, so when Hirsty scored it was a MASSIVE relief, as we knew we were Wembley bound.

Hirsty then fed Bright with a beautiful through ball, to seal it 2 -1 on the day, and 6 - 3 on aggregate.

Those were the days.

Hard to pick after being reminded of so many great moments.

I'll just introduce one of the best for me that hasn't been mentioned (or I've missed it) and that would be Shelton's overhead kick at Newcastle. The feeling when that went in was amazing. Everybody went mental. The occasion - going 1-0 up away at a promotion rival and the pure class in which it was put away just created delirium.

Loved the one about Chapman against the 'unbeatable' Man U too. I was serving on my first overseas tour and missed that game but I still managed to get the same ecstatic feeling. A bunch of us were listening to it on the BBC World Service (Short Wave radio for the youngsters). The service was sporadic at best and you always had to keep re-tuning the radio to keep up with the 'drifting' frequency but what a feeling when that goal went in, especially as I was the only Wednesdayite among a few Man U fans. My sister sent me that game on VHS a few weeks later but it had no commentary. Now that was weird.

Seen most of goals mentioned on here (Including the Hirsty one on youtube against Man Ure. How thin is he btw :) )

Don't ever remember going as mental as the Madine equaliser this season though. I was at the beamback. Never thought I could get as excited as that watching a game on the telly.

Probably because it came right at the death in a game I thought we'd lost!

Edited by Ranchrat

Guest SpiderBoy

Haven't seen this one mentioned - Carlton Palner last minute equaliser at Barnsley in 90/91. Open terrace went mental!

Enjoyed Whitton's v Boro in 89 too - but that was the longest 20 mins ever after it!

Oh blimey...so so many

In recent times , talbots at cardiff for the sheer sense of relief.

Back in the day, Brights against the pigs in the semi

Really, Really back in the day (mid 80's I think but not so sure)....Away at leeds, 1-0 down in in that pen they used to have in the middle of the the stand. We been 'ambushed' twice on the way and had lumps kicked out of us and we were coined and spat at for the entire match when if memory serves Lee Chapman scored the equalizer. Went absolutely stark raving mad..all of us!. They came at us again on the way out despite being kept in for half an hour.

I never been so pleased to see an equalizer than that. Was sat in the shakey later on that night with a shiner, bust lip and numerous bumps and chunks missing but we were still chuffed as hell

And they wonder why we hate leeds...!? :rolleyes::tongue: