most pleasure from a wednesday goal

I'll never forget the Ritchie Humphries screamer against Leicester to put us 4 points clear at the top of the Premiership. Not only was it a thing of beauty, but I was perfectly aligned to see David Hirst start bollocking him for shooting before the ground rose as one. Honestly thought that kid was going to be better than pele...

And Talbots goal in the final, I had a weird moment where everyone around me was prematurely celebrating a 3-2 win, and only I seemed to clock he was through on goal - and I knew he wasn't going to mess it up. Was a surreal but magnificent few seconds.

Oh and Paul Heckingbottom making it 4-0 against Wrexham in the promotion season, because I had a tenner on Maclean scoring first and Weds to win 4-0 at 80/1. Their keeper got injured shortly afterward and they played the last 5 with their CM on net and only 9 men. I remember Brunt getting the ball about 30 yards out and the ground yelling shoot, apart from me on the north politely screaming at him to run it to the corner flag...

Di Canio at Goodison Park. We won 3-1 and it assured Premier football for another season. I remember the relief as it went in. Great goal too.

Madine at the sty is a close 2nd.

This, no Danger...what a day/both where, but for me it's the Everton game was great :).

Edited by 03 owl

James Quinn at hull last minute

I didn't go to the match so decided to play golf instead to forget about it (hate listening on radio), however around half war round I decided to stick the radio on to check the scores, 20 seconds later we scored and I was jumping up and down dancing, screaming the lot, in middle of beauchief golf course which was rammed. got a few funny looks that day lol

for me has to be one of the cardiff goals I think

Tudgay second goal at cardiff in relegation season. Never seen a player look so surprised to score ever, and everyone in the away end going completely mental too.

I love being a wednesdayite.

Remember going foooking mental when JJ scored our opener. think it was a lovely ball through from soares for the goal,and everyone just knew it was being touched in from there had people on mi back before it went in the net, absolutely amazing. then as you say tudders goal was even more beserk! esajas had a good game then

Not so meant so much as favourite.

Hurst v man u. Came on as a sub I think it must have been debut or just after. Last few minutes. The edge of the box on the left hand side smashed and smashed is the best word I can think of with left foot top opposite corner. Tight angle and there and then you thought what a player.

Sheridan In the final. The sound of the ball hitting the post first.

Mine as well Chilvinho, but I think the goal was more like 81st minute?

It was special because it was just after half term and we had been on one of the sports weeks SCC used to have. It culminated with a ground tour by one of the players; we got Leapy Lee!

I got him to sign my seat in the North stand and during Q&As I asked him why he never celebrated to the North stand after scoring? He promised to do it for his next goal.

It felt like he was pointing at me! Quite an experience for a 10 year old.

It was 1985 by the way. The away game in 1986 was live on 'The Big Match.' Shutt and a Sterland penalty. I still have the grainy VHS tape.

UTO :biggrin:

You're probably right about the time as I am getting old, the way i remember it was that Marwood wasted a succession of corners before Chamberlain came on with 15 left and put the 1st one he took right on Leapy Lees head at the far post.

I also remember that the Thompson Twins were supposed to fly over before kick off and drop copies of their new single into the crowd but didn't turn up.

1. Sheridan winner at Wembley

2. Brighty against the pigs at Wembley

3. Curran equaliser at the Sty

4. Mellors at Blackburn

5. Wilson against Kaiserlautern

6. Hirsty kop end past David Bailey in goal for Man Utd (can anyone remeber what season that was?)

86-87 .....i have the bible to hand at all times

Sheridan's will always be up there. However even though it was at the death of the game Paul Willaims against Chelsea to make it 3-1 and yes it wasn't likely Chelsea would have ever got back in it. The last goal was the one that finally told me.

"You're going to flipping Wembley. You have seen it on the TV and dreamed, now it's time to realise that dream."

^^^^^^^^^

This, just like web_owls says it really meant we were there at Wembley in a cup final

All the ones that 'meant something', goals v pigs, goals in finals/deciders are the ones obviously.

However, its been mentioned already, but Crossleys goal v Southampton was incredible to say it only secured a point. Felt like 6 points at the time. Just brilliant and very few people can say theyve seen a keeper score live so that adds to it.