most pleasure from a wednesday goal

Guest Foxhill Owl

Same with Tudgay's at the lane few seasons back. Was at the beamback for that. Cant help but smile everytime i watch that. Im gonna watch it now. lol

I was at the match front row, metal!!.

Lee Briscoe's lst minute lob from the edge of the box, in front of the kop to beat Arsenal in the Di Canio game. Don't think I've ever gone as bonkers, and that includes play-offs and cup final goals.

Absolutely this!! So much emotion built up within that 90 minutes but then when he lobbed that in it all came flooding out!! Was a cracking goal, always felt a bit sorry for him that the paolo thing happened cos it just got totally overshadowed

Guest The Horse

I couldn't watch MacLean's penalty, it was too painful

I couldn't watch it either!!!

I went round the back inside the deserted concourse of the Millennium Stadium and waited for the noise with my head against the wall!!!

Sounds stupid to say it now, but back then the world could be on fire but all that mattered was that we scored.

Three of my absolute favourites that haven't been mentioned yet.

- Wilson's against Kaiserslautern, never seen a Wednesday player look like a goal meant so much to him

- Hirst against Villa, opening day 1991/92. Blazing sun, first game back in the top league, sell-out crowd, an absolute cacophany of noise as Big Ron Judas goes to the dugout... and after 3 minutes Hirsty lashes one in from 25 yards. Boom!

- Waddle's equaliser in the Cup Final replay. In the 61st game of the season, on a dark rainy night at Wembley, it really looked like we were going to win the Cup. I couldn't shout loud enough or jump high enough to celebrate as that goal went in.

Madine at Bumhole lane this season was brilliant!

Varney at forest a few seasons ago, we all knew a goal was coming so when it did we all just went mental.

Tudgay second goal at cardiff in relegation season. Never seen a player look so surprised to score ever, and everyone in the away end going completely mental too.

I love being a wednesdayite.

James Quinn at hull last minute

Yeah then all the results fell into place to give us a shot through the play offs ! second time in my career as a Wednesday fan that i smashed my specs, first time was at Blackburn in similar promotional circumstances. Supped a pub dry on way back with Trevs Burgoyne tour bus.

I'm with Brian Joicey. Spider Mellor's goal away at Blackburn 1979-80 promotion season. Brilliant atmosphere too. The place was rocking, literally!

i can only imagine the feeling Ian Mellor and his team mates felt when the goals against blackburn and the pigs went in

it sends shivers down my spine, it takes me back as if it was only yesterday

they are top of the list by a mile

a flippingmile

Sheridan's will always be up there. However even though it was at the death of the game Paul Willaims against Chelsea to make it 3-1 and yes it wasn't likely Chelsea would have ever got back in it. The last goal was the one that finally told me.

"You're going to flipping Wembley. You have seen it on the TV and dreamed, now it's time to realise that dream."

Tudgay at the stain or varney at forest a few years ago, went flippingmental and had abit of a scrap with some forest fans afterwards too :D

On the Sunday after that Varney goal i took my trousers off to get into bed and my missus started insisting I go to walk in centre the next morning cos both my legs were black and blue from top to bottom after me and my mates dragged each other over about 4 rows of seats when it went in. It was a mental celebration to that goal, shame we lost.

My most memorable goal (aside from the obvious ones in cup finals etc) was David Hirst's one two with Waddle and finish in 92/93 season at Bramall Lane, he got loads of stick off blades as usual, partly cos had put a bit of weight on while injured, but then shut them all up with a fantastic finish - or as Andy Gray said "an absolute top drawer strike, from an absolute top drawer striker!", legend.

i can only imagine the feeling Ian Mellor and his team mates felt when the goals against blackburn and the pigs went in

it sends shivers down my spine, it takes me back as if it was only yesterday

they are top of the list by a mile

a flippingmile

There is no comparison. Should be the end of the thread.

Ron Atkinsons Manchester United came to Hillsborough top of the First Division to face the 3rd placed Owls for their 11 game of the season. Having won the previous 10, the papers were full of stories of how United were going to be unbeaten all season with some suggesting they would win every league game.

Mark Chamberlains corner met at the far post by Lee Chapman in the 90th minute in front of the uncovered Kop for the only goal of the game sent 49,000 home happy.

The return fixture at Old Trafford was fun as we ran out 2-0 winners with 50,000 singing Atkinson out. I got hit in the face by a 50p thrown from upper deck.

No idea what year it was.

Edited by chilvinho

Guest Go For It Owl

Varadi at Anfield !

We got hammered 3-0 year b4 and sang "We'll be back - We'll be back - We'll be back"

Went back season after and Varadi squeezes one in from touch line. Took an age to go in. Then Shelton finished em off.

Can remember thousands of owls singing -

"WE SAID, WE'D BE BACK AND WE ARE AND WE ARE"

Varadi at Anfield !

We got hammered 3-0 year b4 and sang "We'll be back - We'll be back - We'll be back"

Went back season after and Varadi squeezes one in from touch line. Took an age to go in. Then Shelton finished em off.

Can remember thousands of owls singing -

"WE SAID, WE'D BE BACK AND WE ARE AND WE ARE"

Our fans at those two games were rumbleing awesome.

Guest James-The-Owl

I'd forgotten about that Varney goal at Forest, everyone went flipping ballistic.

I've never ever celebrated a goal as much as Madine's at the sty this year. I kept telling myself all the way through the second half that if we got to 80 minutes still 2-0 down I'd resign myself to defeat and a few weeks of stick off the pigs. So when the clock ticked past 80, that's exactly what I did, didn't really celebrate O'Grady's goal, then the circumstances with Madine's goal, not knowing what had happened then just seeing the players peel away to celebrate...brilliant. Went absolutely flipping mental, such ecstasy, no idea how the stand didn't come down. Hugged some random bloke like he was my long lost brother. That was the moment that assured me that Megson had got the players made of stern enough stuff to go up, because under Alan flipping Irvine there's absolutely no way we'd have come back to draw that game, we'd have crumbled and got humiliated 4 or 5-0.

I have been lucky enough to have witnesed most of the goals mentioned on this thread live ,but to see and hear Shez smacking that one into the net against the odds on favourites at wembley to pick up a major trophy is the one for me , we were sat near the Royal box surrounded by Man Utd Fans but there were about 15 of us and we just went Mental