Executive boxes

Guest allwednesday

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Not met him, dont know him or what he does I could only read what he wrote. He came across as arrogant and rather than retract he started calling people names, you have to remember we are not all part of your little Club in fact 95% of Wednesday Fans arent so we are not privvy to the little in jokes. Anyhow i wont post more on the matter as I am bored by it.

Just have one thing to say Grandad I am watching you lol

All I have to say is FOOOOK OFF BACK T'LANE....

oh deary me egg shell city

Contango I can only assume you haven't met 'Grandad' yet as a more amiable 100% owl you couldn't meet, and you wouldn't take his posts as arrogant- far from being a bad advert for Wednesdayite the lad works tirelessly for the SWFC cause and now tries his best to stand up for members.

He loves a jibe and bit of a laugh something that's missing from owlstalk lately

err that'll be the usual fiver Nige :rolleyes:

Yes he is a good bloke really.

I thought he was joking - but I asked if Trev and his mates (us) could still use the Wednesdayite Lounge to meet pre-game on his big day? I knew some weren't members (my son) but could we sign them in?

He said there were no exceptions - inter alia, we would have to find another venue.

I played along, although I suspected he was joking, because he was making himself look daft.

Okay, he behaved like an idiot (you did Grandad). The joke went wrong and went down like a lead balloon.

But he is good bloke and does an helluva for the cause, the club and the fans.

So let's move on?

We all live and learn - especially me.

And like I have said. Wednesdayite is our organisation.

If you don't like it, join iand change it.

Just don't use this is as a stick to beat Grandad and Wednesdayite with.

(although he deserves it) .

Guest Big Guns

Yes he is a good bloke really.

I thought he was joking - but I asked if Trev and his mates (us) could still use the Wednesdayite Lounge to meet pre-game on his big day? I knew some weren't members (my son) but could we sign them in?

He said there were no exceptions - inter alia, we would have to find another venue.

I played along, although I suspected he was joking, because he was making himself look daft.

Okay, he behaved like an idiot (you did Grandad). The joke went wrong and went down like a lead balloon.

But he is good bloke and does an helluva for the cause, the club and the fans.

So let's move on?

We all live and learn - especially me.

And like I have said. Wednesdayite is our organisation.

If you don't like it, join iand change it.

Just don't use this is as a stick to beat Grandad and Wednesdayite with.

(although he deserves it) .

I'd rather have me eyes poked out than join them.....

You're making it 'us and them' Big Guns.

The Club needs a supporters organisation. And Wednesdayite is as good a vehicle as any. All the infrastructure is already in place.

If you don't like it or, don't like the Directors in place, then join it and change it/ them.

I'll vote for you so there's a start!

If you don't want a fans organisation per se - then just say it. But, don't then isolate Wednesdayite as a problem therefore.

As a big supporter of Wednesdayite & Grandad I thought WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING! when I saw that post.

I knew it would give some of you an axe to grind.

Big mistake IMO. Very crass and not funny (especially for those trying to meet Trev. Ironically Trev is coming, in part, because of the work that Grandad and Wednesdayite have done.

Which made the post even more bizarre.

I'm sure he has learnt - if he hasn't then I won't vote for him next time.

Simple.

You have the right to do likewise, if you join.

So with respect - either join, or leave it alone?

never got involved with wednesdayite and dont really know anything about them........why are they so disliked by so many ?....though if one off there head blokes comes calling non-members lobbers i can probably guess why .

Their is no reason to dislike Wednesdayite. It is our organisation (not theirs) .

It is democratic and we all have a vote.

If members don't like it then vote to change it.

If non members don't like it, then join and vote to change it.

No argument really IMO - put up or shut up.

I have said that Nigel was daft in this instance, being objective.

But there is no better man for the job IMO. He and Eddie are excellent (I don't know the others much, so sorry for not giving you all a similar endorsement).

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water .

Why don't you join. It is only £5.00.

Guest Big Guns

You're making it 'us and them' Big Guns.

The Club needs a supporters organisation. And Wednesdayite is as good a vehicle as any. All the infrastructure is already in place.

If you don't like it or, don't like the Directors in place, then join it and change it/ them.

I'll vote for you so there's a start!

If you don't want a fans organisation per se - then just say it. But, don't then isolate Wednesdayite as a problem therefore.

As a big supporter of Wednesdayite & Grandad I thought WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING! when I saw that post.

I knew it would give some of you an axe to grind.

Big mistake IMO. Very crass and not funny (especially for those trying to meet Trev. Ironically Trev is coming, in part, because of the work that Grandad and Wednesdayite have done.

Which made the post even more bizarre.

I'm sure he has learnt - if he hasn't then I won't vote for him next time.

Simple.

You have the right to do likewise, if you join.

So with respect - either join, or leave it alone?

I know wot you mean bit I find him the most annoying poster on here with his constant digs just cos I thought 12 pound for pie and peas to watch a match that was on the telly was a bit minty that's why he doesn't like me ...

And it was good to watch him back track but your right I won't go down to his level I will forget about it for now..

I know wot you mean bit I find him the most annoying poster on here with his constant digs just cos I thought 12 pound for pie and peas to watch a match that was on the telly was a bit minty that's why he doesn't like me ...

And it was good to watch him back track but your right I won't go down to his level I will forget about it for now..

Nigel thinks that I am a left wing nutter and a 'dictator on Owlstalk', so what? ( that may be one of his jokes - I get lost sometimes).

Just don't join the threads with his right wing views - don't get sucked in.

Rise above it.

Also, the Baron can f**k off too.

(and 33).

But he is excellent for Wednesdayite (most of the time) . MARKOWLS football shirts for instance and his personal work with Trev.

Get a grip man.

Join IMO.

Guest Big Guns

Nigel thinks that I am a left wing nutter and a 'dictator on Owlstalk', so what? ( that may be one of his jokes - I get lost sometimes).

Just don't join the threads with his right wing views - don't get sucked in.

Rise above it.

Also, the Baron can f**k off too.

(and 33).

But he is excellent for Wednesdayite (most of the time) . MARKOWLS football shirts for instance and his personal work with Trev.

Get a grip man.

Join IMO.

NEVER its enjoyable watching him get stick..... I don't need to join any fan club as I'm a MASSIVE Wednesdayite any way....

That eddies sound he likes a laugh and can give it as well as take it..

NEVER its enjoyable watching him get stick..... I don't need to join any fan club as I'm a MASSIVE Wednesdayite any way....

That eddies sound he likes a laugh and can give it as well as take it..

The first thing I would do if I were Grandad is change my Avatar.

Harry Enfield's - Tim 'nice but dim', the Conservative idiot, is too close to the truth. It is supposed to be parody, but it isn't.

I would also drop the anti Cardiff sentiment, too.

But there you are, I am not in PR and he will probably tell me to **** off! I think 33 does his PR. they want to change the Club emblem to a Magpie FFS.

But more seriously, I wish I lived in Sheffield. I would go to all the Wednesdayite meetings and functions and get involved. To be involved with the Club you have loved all your life and make real change is a real opportunity IMO.

You don't know how lucky you are - use it or lose it.

And that includes all the good members of Wednesdayite who work on our behalf.

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate what your post was trying to say and indeed you have been posting on here for years as well as winding people up.

That still doesn't exempt you from being a thrower.

M Royds has always been one of my favourite posters on here. But he is disliked.

So what?

Always slated, but always 'nail on head' for me, even if I don't agree with him.

He wanted Megson way before anyone else. And got mullered for it.

Rise above it BG.

SOB is only after the cushions. He will say anything.

Trust me - f**king sycophant.

I was going to meet him in the Wednesdayite Lounge before the derby game. But, I can't sign him in now. Grandad says so.

F***king Wednesdayite!

Guest BigDave

This tripe about all the boozers being shut gets wheeled out every time we play the Pigs, never had a problem getting a drink before any derby in the last decade.

They advise the pubs to close but tell them if they choose to open and there is any trouble to not expect a fast response from SYP's finest or so I was reliably informed by the boozer I drink in

Their is no reason to dislike Wednesdayite. It is our organisation (not theirs) .

It is democratic and we all have a vote.

If members don't like it then vote to change it.

If non members don't like it, then join and vote to change it.

No argument really IMO - put up or shut up.

I have said that Nigel was daft in this instance, being objective.

But there is no better man for the job IMO. He and Eddie are excellent (I don't know the others much, so sorry for not giving you all a similar endorsement).

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water .

Why don't you join. It is only £5.00.

not really any the wiser ,never said i dislike them(though they dont seem popular with the rank and file owls ) i just dont know anything about them .....i know they run a bus to away games ,have a car park and seem to have an exclusive lounge and thats the end of my knowledge of them .

Guest BigDave

IMO part of the problem with Owlstalk is if you are an outspoken critic of Wednesdayite you are treated like a leper, there's very much a closed shop on here, anti Wednesdayite opinions are not tolerated just shot down in flames, as I say all my opinion

not really any the wiser ,never said i dislike them(though they dont seem popular with the rank and file owls ) i just dont know anything about them .....i know they run a bus to away games ,have a car park and seem to have an exclusive lounge and thats the end of my knowledge of them .

They have there own section on here. And their own website.

Spend a bit of time researching their work, both charitable and supporter based.

Think about joining, even at distance even if you don't get much personal use out of it?

I have. That is why I can criticise or praise (IMO) .

It's only a fiver. Good cause/organisation IMO.

Some of the Directors are lobbers, but so was Scargill and I still stayed in the NUM.

And you even get a car sticker!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

IMO part of the problem with Owlstalk is if you are an outspoken critic of Wednesdayite you are treated like a leper, there's very much a closed shop on here, anti Wednesdayite opinions are not tolerated just shot down in flames, as I say all my opinion

See that's part of debate, you have a criticism in your opinion, you voice it, those with opposite views shoot you down in flames... If they are Wednesdayite members (I am) and there are a few of them on here then you see it as ganging up and shooting you down, when all they are doing is voicing their opinions too.

It's difficult, PLUS debating in an anonymous messge board is difficult, people say things directly that they wouldn't say face to face and so things escalate into slanging matches.. this is not exclusive to Owstalk just look around any message board on any subject, even saying which is the best laptop, tablet computer or phone degenrates into abusive slanging matches and people accuse others of being Apple brainwashed clones etc.. (ask Gdad about that too!!)...

So you just have to rationalise and accept that this will always happen, pick out the constructive from the abusive.. and go from there. It's human nature and an extension of the car rage.. the more the removal from face to face the more abusive people get.. animalistic really...

So get a life and if you don't like it foook right off to chavsonline and have a moan there instead you waste of space nobber!!

lol

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest intercity0wl

I have a stick ready and waiting lol

Edited by intercity0wl