Real owls at hillsborough

Guest starrydave

Guest starrydave

Really random this one, though I remember reading somewhere, maybe on here actually, that at some point in our clubs proud history there were real owls flown around hillsborough on matchdays. Did this ever happen or am I completely making this up?

Guest jake12910

Have you not seen Ozzie and Bailey before the match? Wait.. they're real.. right?

don't know about bailey but Barney and Ozzie are ;)

Do owls make good household pets? Need to investigate this - Could you get one into a junior replica shirt?

As far as I know you need a licence/permit to legally keep one as a pet, but some people rescue sick/injured owls if they have the right facilities. I've read that they're extremely difficult to look after and require an enormous amount of attention. Plus you have to feed them with bits of day-old chick or mouse. An Eagle Owl is pretty big and could probably wear a junior replica shirt. Not sure if it could wear the shorts and socks too though.

At bumhole lane they had an owl to get rid of pigeon's, true story it is. And there was a good headline too.

Edited by 03 owl

I thought it was summat to do with a dummy owl, or maybe a real one that was used to scare of other birds in the stand.

I think, should the club feel altruistic, we should sponsor an owl sanctuary or something. Be an easy bit of publicity. I always thought a sanctuary at hillsborough would be good but with it being a built up area it's probably not gonna be a good idea.

Guest Foxhill Owl

I'd like this if it were true. I try to photograph owls as much as possible - on Sunday I was photographing two hunting Short-eared Owls in Essex and I've booked trips to Sweden and Serbia to find owls too.

I'm a bit weird. :blush:

Haha a bit, If was going to Sweden it would be for a couple of them blonde haired dolly birds lol