Blackpool 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday - Match Reaction

Guest YorkOwl89

Very dissapointed with yet again a late goal, this really needs to be addressed. Huddersfield, Walsall, Hartlepool, Blackpool. However, we're in the hat for the 5th round, Jordan Rhodes FC dropped two points and United got hammered at home.

Replay not ideal, but we can see who we get in the hat and unless it interests us, Megson has the option of putting out a proper reserve team with a few kids in it...which he'd definitely do as he did in the JPT and League Cup.

Huddersfield dropping points and United getting a hammering at home on top of our fringe players playing well against a team from the division above make it a reasonable day tbf.

I think people are getting their knickers in a twist about what is after all ONE extra game.........................GM isnt daft , he,ll shuffle the pack again for the replay and at this early stage we look a decent bet for live coverage and more money in the coffers............................. and who knows maybe a biggie at home in the fifth

I hope this doesn't affect us for Tuesday!

It might work in our favour. Semedo, JJ, Madine, O'Grady, Palmer & Llera have all played less than a half or not at all so shouldn't effect them too much. The squad should be bouyed by the fact we nearly won at a side 7th in the Championship.

Guest Darth Sturrock

Did we expect to win today?

Personally, I didn't.

I'm quite pleasantly surprised that a team with a lot of our "squad" players in it, can more than compete against a decent championship side.

We didn't need the replay, but it all bodes well for next season if/when we go up.

Like the idea that we are still in the draw, lets see who we get and if it's a big game lets go for it... but then i thought lets go as far as we can in the cup without detriment to the league.

Feels like we deserved to win, but we are in the hat.

Draw away to a Championship team 3 points off playoffs, very good result.

Momentum is still carried on. Since getting dicked by Stevenage we have lost 2 out of 12 away games.

Losing at the death again disapointing and still do not seem to be addressing it but hopefully we eventually will.

Not happy about having a replay but a good result and MASSIVE credit to Megson for putting out a team which competed against a Championship side, away from home whilst having one eye on the MK Franchise game on Tuesday.

How many rumbleing goals has Phillips scored against us? What have we done to him?

Gutted.

Only way to stop him is to sign him...... :biggrin:

Seven changes and we very nearly pulled it off.

We're in the draw, see who we get and treat the replay accordingly......

We've nothing to fear at home and if we're going to get to the final then we were due a replay at some stage.

Not happy about having a replay but a good result and MASSIVE credit to Megson for putting out a team which competed against a Championship side, away from home whilst having one eye on the MK Franchise game on Tuesday.

hi mate, i can go with that ,

Guest ChesterfieldSeasider

Well done folks, you edged that one. Like you say be interesting to see who is in next round. Good team and Ollie will play his full strength side , maybe with the new signings - if not probably will play a lot of the second string as he did today (although to be fair some of the first teamers were brought on later) Anyone know when the replay is?