Just Got Back

Giddings was waxing lyrical about Lines being immense.

Laws balanced his enthusiasm by saying both our central midfielder made the difference.

It's not always easy assessing the players when your only 3 rows up behind the goal. However, for me, Semedo was immense but I've seen Lines play much better. I'd be interested in other views on it.

just got back from tonights game v scunny and btw im from sflaphorpe and i loved i tonight the bragging rights i got now is mint and i found it amazing how johnson played great pace and dribberling . COG layed mint both great goals UTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With grammar and spelling like that, you can tell you are from Sflaphorpe ;) hehe!

Gutted. I got a two Pinter at half time and missed jj.goal. Quality night. Whoever said go to farmers pub it's reasonably priced it was £3.36 a pint. Cheers. Still i do not care as we won and pissed a steward off in car park

Should of read my earlier posts where i suggested farmhouse or the Berkley. In berkley £1-80 pint !! Shame we wont be playing in my back garden anymore

A superb performance tonight. Really impressive.

A few worries at times but some immense performances across the park.

I thought we'd win tonight and was going to have us at -1 and put a fair wedge on it. Saw team and bottled it. Oh well - have more faith young lad.

Great night though. But only we could be 3-1 up with 2 mins of injury time left and still make fans (or at least me!) bloody brick it.

Just back home.

Very good team performance. Solid and comfortable throughout. Played some decent stuff at times, always looked a threat with Madine and O'Grady looking a partnership tonight. Could and probably should have scored more, but any win at Scunny is a great win for us.

Ratings:

Bywater - 7

I was keeping an eye on him in the first. Excellent communication and organisation. Anyone who doesn't rate Bywater should watch him. Without doubt the number one for me.

Otsemebor - 7

Solid in defence and good going forward. Typically good display from Semi.

Batth - 7

Solid as per.

Llera - 8

Immense in the air. No nonsense on the deck. Excellent distribution, plus the assist. Got to be given a run now.

D. Jones - 7

I thought he was having a good game up until the injury. Decent defensively. Got forward well and his use of the ball was good. I understand the injury maybe a leg break. I hope not, rotten luck for the lad.

Palmer - 7

Good defenisvely, kept possession well, use of the ball mainly good. I rate him highly.

Semedo - 8

Simply back to his best again tonight. No need to say anymore.

Lines - 7

Better game than last two. Put in some decent tackles, use of ball good and excellent corners. Assist.

JJ - 8

Brilliant display from JJ. Excellent goal. Great run and unusual composure with the side foot finish. Couple other great runs, but typical JJ final ball. But he can be excused tonight. The best thing about his performance tonight was his defensive display. Kept his shape, tracked back, worked hard. Keep it up JJ.

Madine - 7

Solid display from the Goal Machine. Worked very hard as per, led the line well and won his fair share in the air, despite yet again getting **** all from the incompetant referee.

O'Grady - 8

Typical good away display from COG, but added the goals today. Nearly scored the perfect hattrick twice with a right foot overhead and a beautiful effort, well saved in the second. Would have deserved it too.

Subs:

Beevers - 6

Decent display out of position for Beevers. Missed a couple of headers, no interest in going forward which is understandable. Did a good job in a different position.

Morrison and Jones - N/A

Roll on MK Dond next week!!

Onwards and upwards! UTO!

My ratings:

Bywater - 7 - Once again looked assured, and had a relatively quiet evening.

Jones - 6 - Went off fairly early on, but looked sound enough before that.

Batth - 8 - He looked and played like he was 10ft tall tonight. Was strong, vocal, organised the defence superbly. He looks a captain of the future.

Llera - 8 - Formed a very solid looking partnership with Batth. He seems to make defending look easy.

Otsemobor - 7 - Much better aerially tonight, and looked solid enough.

Palmer - 6 (7) - Failed to stamp any sort of impact on the game really. Looked a tad weak in the tackle at times, and failed to get forward in the second half. That may have been because Megson asked him to protect the frankly awful Beevers at full back. If that's the case, then he did a decent job, and can have a "7".

Lines - 7 - Much better tonight than his performances have been of late. Got about much more, tackled well and worked very hard. Good delivery for COG's goal.

Semedo - 7 - Once again, much improved from previous weeks. The magic Semedo was back.

JJ - 8 - First half, things didn't go his way, but to his credit, his attitude was spot on. Continued to work hard and play for the team. Absolutely superb goal, and after that looked a constant threat when he got the ball.

Madine - 7 - Got nothing once again from yet another poo referee, but I thought he linked up well with COG once again, and I can see them developing a good partnership (despite other people's doubts). Was strong thoughout and won his fair share in the air again. Outshone by the strike partner today though.

COG - 9 - MOTM - A near perfect striker performance. The early goal obviously helped, but his performance was just like most of his displays since signing...but on over-drive. Very unlucky not to get a deserved hat-trick. A text book No. 9 display.

Beevers - 4 - I know he's not a full back, but the application, the basics of defending just weren't there. How can a bloke 6ft3' continually be out-jumped by someone 6' shorter? Sflaphore didn't take long to target him as our weakness, and they looked a threat down their right hand side from that point on.

Overall - A very confident, assured performance, that didn't ever really look in doubt. Sflaphorpe away has always seemed to be a bogey fixture for us, but we equipped ourselves very well today, and O'Grady's performance was superb. Despite a team selection that involved square pegs in round holes, and late alterations, it was an impressive display.