Mike Jones - Did he play today ?

Funny, I thought he worked hard and was a decent outlet. Yeah he missed the easy chances, but he was there in the mix to have a go.

You would want a bit more effectiveness from a winger in that position though, don't think I've seen him cross it yet.

But he couldnt go past a man like BM and in the 2nd half JJ showed they can

This does explain at least why he isnt getting down the wing and putting crosses in. It's clearly not his game and if Megson's bought him for that he is mistaken.

Im slightly puzzled though as we don't play a passing game like Bury with the ball always on the deck. Can't see how we'll be able to play to his strengths in our current system?

Could be worth a shot in the middle though over the out of form Lines? Risky but it could work, I remember Shaker saying he's good playing in the middle too.

I imagine he is the first signing precluding a further addition on the other wing. One out and out wingers, one that cuts inside. Keep them swapping over during the game, gives a lot of attacking options.

All this talk of instant impact, we are in league 1 lads and struggling to attract players. 5 loan enquiries have told us to get stuffed, presumably because they think they are too good to slum it in league 1.

Please reign your expectation in a little bit or we will be back to the awful negativity in the stands.

Madine was poo when he first came here and look at him now.

Cut the lad some slack.

Funny, I thought he worked hard and was a decent outlet. Yeah he missed the easy chances, but he was there in the mix to have a go.

You would want a bit more effectiveness from a winger in that position though, don't think I've seen him cross it yet.

mate of mine said he knew some of their fans, and they said "he's more of a worker, than a winger"...

has reminded me (so far) of burton o'brien ... i used to call him 'the invisible man'. hopefully he'll get more involved as he settles in,we looked totally clueless (1st half) with no wide outlet and lines (nowadays) sat side by side with semedo deep in our half! lines (or whoever) should be doing his work in the opponents half not holding semedos' hand

lines should be doing quality work in the opposition half AND getting back to cover alongside semedo when were defending...

yesterday i thought he came deep too many times to get involved in a back line passing sequence without taking the responsibility of taking the ball and driving the move upfield himself...

i've seen players make 50 passes a game, yet if you limit the count to telling passes they only attempted 5 all game and 3 of them missed their mark...