Mike Jones - Did he play today ?

Guest Home_of_Hirst!

I think Megson has signed a dud, he looks like a rabbit trapped in car headlights. When he has the ball he has no idea what to do with it.

I remember megson saying he wanted to sign players who could hack it at a MASSIVE club and in front of big crowds, on the two games we have seen him play he hasn't done that. On the other hand, coke started of great and is now not in meggos plan, lets hope it is the opposite for jones.

Mike Jones is a good player and I was sad to see him leave Bury.

He is not a traditional winge/wide man though and if you are expecting a player running at full backs and getting crosses in from the line you are going to be dissappointed.

He fitted into the system at Bury as we was sort of link player and would more often want to cut inside and feed the forwards and go for a return pass on the edge of the box.

I suppose a lot will depend on how Megson decides to use him.

This does explain at least why he isnt getting down the wing and putting crosses in. It's clearly not his game and if Megson's bought him for that he is mistaken.

Im slightly puzzled though as we don't play a passing game like Bury with the ball always on the deck. Can't see how we'll be able to play to his strengths in our current system?

Could be worth a shot in the middle though over the out of form Lines? Risky but it could work, I remember Shaker saying he's good playing in the middle too.

Edited by swfc-dan

you get what you've paid for.

rabbit in the headlights stuff really. doesn't look able to beat a man, no pace, doesn't seem to keep the ball or be able to pick that pass. Not seen him cross it, mainly because of a combination of the other stuff.

He is on loan though isn't he? Oh no, hang on a minute.....

Guest Bri The owl

To owlstalk admin,give him a chance u flipping nobhead,so called fans like u make me sick,stay away,need real fans not dicks like u that start slagging new players off after 2 games,FFS,stay away knobhead fans like u are not needed

Guest Bri The owl

Lets put it this way, never ever singled a player out whilst on the pitch,wot good does it do the team, when a player goes into hiding,cos he's scared of making a mistake,need to pull together , players n fans alike,As for Irvine,never wanted him

While he hasn't looked amazing in his first two games, I thought today he did at least put some effort in. There were a number of others on the pitch significantly more absent, and less inspiring... but one of them, at least, gets forgiven for scoring.

Guest Big Guns

While he hasn't looked amazing in his first two games, I thought today he did at least put some effort in. There were a number of others on the pitch significantly more absent, and less inspiring... but one of them, at least, gets forgiven for scoring.

Who madine did well and you can't be talking about jj

All Jones does is run about like,an headless chickens he's not beat a man yet or got any decent crosses in

Wot kind of winger is he

I agree with this. I hope he will improve with some game time under his belt, but you can't knock his enthusiasm. He was doing alot of running around today and i think he could end up doing a job for us, unappreciated probably like JoC. He doesn't look anywhere near settled yet and he also hasn't gelled with his team mates. Give him a few more weeks and then let's see what he is up to on the pitch. Anyone know what his pass completion rate is? As for missing 2 sitters in 2 weeks, i've seen other players miss more than that in 10 minutes and be considered to be good players. Give the lad a break before you jump on the unappreciation band wagon. Must be hard playing in a stadium like ours after playing in front of smaller crowds and take a bit of getting used to from a players perspective.

has reminded me (so far) of burton o'brien ... i used to call him 'the invisible man'. hopefully he'll get more involved as he settles in,we looked totally clueless (1st half) with no wide outlet and lines (nowadays) sat side by side with semedo deep in our half! lines (or whoever) should be doing his work in the opponents half not holding semedos' hand