Mike Jones - Did he play today ?

Unlike a lot on here - i will reserve judgement on Mike Jones. He has played around 120 minutes for us, with two teams who parked the bus! Hardly a fair chance for the bloke.

I reckon away from home he will play well as teams open up more. Also when he is settled, he will attack more at home and perhaps we will then see the best of him

Oh and FFS how did he miss that sitter today lol

Unlike a lot on here - i will reserve judgement on Mike Jones. He has played around 120 minutes for us, with two teams who parked the bus! Hardly a fair chance for the bloke.

I reckon away from home he will play well as teams open up more. Also when he is settled, he will attack more at home and perhaps we will then see the best of him

Oh and FFS how did he miss that sitter today lol

I'm more inclined to agree with this rather than writing him off as some seem to want to.

Early days yet and he may well get better but he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. He should have been subbed at half time. Off the pace, missed glorious chances, added no width on the left hand side. He didn't really contribute anything. He shouldn't start against Sflaphorpe.

Guest Bury FC

In the short time i've seen him i have been less than impressed.

2 games and he has yet to put a cross in!!

Having said that he's been here only a week and moving from Bury to Wednesday must be like moving from England to Mars.

Just remind us - what was the score at Gigg Lane earlier this season?

Guest Bury FC

Mike Jones is a good player and I was sad to see him leave Bury.

He is not a traditional winge/wide man though and if you are expecting a player running at full backs and getting crosses in from the line you are going to be dissappointed.

He fitted into the system at Bury as we was sort of link player and would more often want to cut inside and feed the forwards and go for a return pass on the edge of the box.

I suppose a lot will depend on how Megson decides to use him.

No one can argue he was been rubbish in his first two games. However I'm not in the habit of writing off a new player after two games.

People are spot on saying he looks lost and like a rabbit in headlights - that is completely it. The fact he has missed a couple of good chances for us already (one last week he shanked, and THAT today) can't be doing him any good.

However, I would persevere, especially these next couple of games. Sflaphorpe is a nice small ground, similar sort of setting to Bury, and it may relax him a bit and take the pressure off him. Similarly, Blackpool's ground isn't overpowering either, so this will give him a couple of games to just calm down, take a deep breath, and relax into the team.

In glimpses last week he looked decent, and the reviews he has had from the Bury fans tells us he isn't a bad player. He just needs to get used to Hillsborough and his new team-mates. Which is nowhere near ideal for us, we need immediate impacts, but we may as well stick with him for the reasons stated above.

Guest Bury FC

it wer 2 1 to you and we had a perfectly good goal disallowed at 2 1 but whats that got to do with the price er fish?

jones is doing bobbins at the moment but thanks for askin :unsure:

Its got to do with the desparaging remarks about playing for Bury and SWFC being like the difference between England and Mars,we are actually in the same league.

Sorry that Jones isnt doing much at the moment.

I just popped on to see how Jones was doing.

Is this a closed shop?

No mate. Stay! Just dont be a idiot like some of the recent fans we have had on. Thats why some are acting the way they are.

My honest opinion on Jones is that we havent seen him yet. He has been one of those players who you dont realise is playing

Guest Bury FC

No one can argue he was been rubbish in his first two games. However I'm not in the habit of writing off a new player after two games.

People are spot on saying he looks lost and like a rabbit in headlights - that is completely it. The fact he has missed a couple of good chances for us already (one last week he shanked, and THAT today) can't be doing him any good.

However, I would persevere, especially these next couple of games. Sflaphorpe is a nice small ground, similar sort of setting to Bury, and it may relax him a bit and take the pressure off him. Similarly, Blackpool's ground isn't overpowering either, so this will give him a couple of games to just calm down, take a deep breath, and relax into the team.

In glimpses last week he looked decent, and the reviews he has had from the Bury fans tells us he isn't a bad player. He just needs to get used to Hillsborough and his new team-mates. Which is nowhere near ideal for us, we need immediate impacts, but we may as well stick with him for the reasons stated above.

I think he will be cup tied,Im sure he started for Bury in the 1st round.