Sign in to follow this  
Guest ADAM(ATL)OWL

OWLS IN AMERICA

Any Owls in the michigan area ? been in the US for the last 4 years now :)

Hey Neal M, I hope that Forest fire isn't to close to you. Watch out for the wind buddy.

UTO

Cheers Wyoming. It's about 25 miles away, on the other side of Fort Collins, so there's no danger to us from the fire itself.

But the wind shifted this morning, so we got the full force of the smoke. It was like a blanket of fog, and it only shifted when I got about 20 miles further south.

Our 16 month old is pissed as anything today, as she's a prisoner in the house. But we can't have her playing in the garden and breathing in all those fumes!

Apparently it's now grown to 50,000 acres (about 80 square miles), and with tinder-dry forest, and no rain in the forecast (just 85 degree days, and barely 20% humidity) it's going to be a LONG time before it's contained.

The owls are not what they seem.

Keep fingers crossed for you that they get it under control quickly. We've had a couple in Utah last few days, but nothing on that sort of scale.

Cheers Wyoming. It's about 25 miles away, on the other side of Fort Collins, so there's no danger to us from the fire itself.

But the wind shifted this morning, so we got the full force of the smoke. It was like a blanket of fog, and it only shifted when I got about 20 miles further south.

Our 16 month old is pissed as anything today, as she's a prisoner in the house. But we can't have her playing in the garden and breathing in all those fumes!

Apparently it's now grown to 50,000 acres (about 80 square miles), and with tinder-dry forest, and no rain in the forecast (just 85 degree days, and barely 20% humidity) it's going to be a LONG time before it's contained.

We've been lucky here, mountains got over a foot of snow over Memorial day and we got 7inches in the valley floor. We haven't had that much lightning or rain so we are drying out fast. We had a couple of fires around last year the smoke was bad and my girls now 4 & 2 were pissed off as well . We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

We got a few Grizzly bears that need to bugger off back to the high country I have to pack a gun & bear spray when I'm irrigating, not that different from S5 on a saturday night.

All the best mate have a good summer,

UTO

Happy fourth of July fella's hope you have a good time today. Hope the beers cold and the food is plentiful.

Hope you get some relief from the heat out East & out West I am praying for rain to help with all the fires.

UTO

Edited by Wyomingowl

Hey DgOwl, Im from Milwaukee and a couple of buds of mine are planning to create a Greater Chicago area Supporter Group for the Wednesday. I've already received some interest from Chi Town residents. Interested?

Hey DgOwl, Im from Milwaukee and a couple of buds of mine are planning to create a Greater Chicago area Supporter Group for the Wednesday. I've already received some interest from Chi Town residents. Interested?

Hi Wisconsin,

I don't live in Chicago but I am coming over from England to run in the Chicago Marathon on October 7th and was just wondering if there were any fellow Owls around in Chicago.

Hey lads does anyone no why Fox soccer plus isn't caryying the Championship this year.

They had 3 games or more a week last year.

UTO

FS+ has lost the rights to both the League Cup and Championship games.

New network beIN Sports has the rights now. Carried on DISH (ch408) and DIRECT TV.

Result for me. We don't shell out the extra for FS+, but beIN is part of our regular DISH package.

New network beIN Sports has the rights now. Carried on DISH (ch408) and DIRECT TV.

Result for me. We don't shell out the extra for FS+, but beIN is part of our regular DISH package.

Sweet I get the new channel on direct, I see from another post we went to the same school,

UTO

Hah! So when were you at All Saints?

Hah! So when were you at All Saints?

First year it started 76-81, was St Pauls before we merged with De lasalle. I knew Harrison, hated the guy tried breaking my fingers when I pissed him off.

Saw him at a cricket game 5 years ago he took off pretty sharpish.

I was there a decade later. Probably shared a load of the same teachers though. I'm guessing....

Mr. Justice (Geography) and Mr. Lally (French) (both Wednesday season ticket holders). Mr. Finnegan (Music). Mr. Halpin (Economics). Mrs. Round (absolute nutjob RE teacher). Mr. Doherty (Maths). Ms. Kenzer (Cooking). Then there was a white haired skeleton of a guy who taught woodwork - what was he called, Mr. Wallis, or Mr. Watters?

Mrs Round hated me, she would walk in and tell me leave right away and stand outside or send me to see the priest father Kinsella top bloke. He ended up with a wife and a couple of rug rats.

Mr Wallis yeah decent bloke I got on with him, Finnegan was my first year teacher, Tom Boulding was great, I ended up working for him at Fagans when I came back from the US in the winters between 89-93. He may have left by the time you arrived.

Leedham was our football team coach, his dad was chairman at Chesterfield. So we used to play against there junior set up alot. The last year we went undefeated.

Mr Lally was a decent bloke always thought he played for the other team if you my drift ?

UTO

If anything ever happens with this, let me know. Got a couple of mates who are Chicago Owls and I get over there every couple of years.

Cheers for that info Neal, I'm with DIRECT so should be good for the season.

Schoolwise I'm Abbeydale Grange and back in the 70's there used to be an annual visit from St Paul's for a punch -up in Millhouses Park!

Cheers for that info Neal, I'm with DIRECT so should be good for the season.

Schoolwise I'm Abbeydale Grange and back in the 70's there used to be an annual visit from St Paul's for a punch -up in Millhouses Park!

Hi Utah how is it going, beIN has the Blackburn game on tomorrow.

I got sent off against Abbeydale, me and the center forward both got red for a mid pitch battle. Every year after we had a good laugh about it. Both schools warned us everytime we played not to do it again.

I hope you can breathe the smoke is bad in Wyoming.

UTO