Sign in to follow this  
Guest ADAM(ATL)OWL

OWLS IN AMERICA

Guest ADAM(ATL)OWL

Live in Atlanta, GA, any owls on the east coast??

Went to see the owls when they did pre-season out here in South Carolina, surely there's someone on here from then, their was loads of us! Wilmington didn't know what had hit it!! lol:biggrin:

Couple of threads already on the go in this section about U.S. based Owls.

Quite a few of us dotted around the country. Off the top of my head - Denver, NYC, Boston, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida, New Orleans, Houston, Chicago, Utah, The Bay Area. There's loads more - plus a few north of the border.

Are you an exile, or an American with exceptional taste?

The owls are not what they seem.

Guest ADAM(ATL)OWL

Couple of threads already on the go in this section about U.S. based Owls.

Quite a few of us dotted around the country. Off the top of my head - Denver, NYC, Boston, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida, New Orleans, Houston, Chicago, Utah, The Bay Area. There's loads more - plus a few north of the border.

Are you an exile, or an American with exceptional taste?

I'm an exile, been here 7 years now..........love the life.................miss the footy!! Wednesday everywhere then eh?

Went to an arctic monkeys concert here about 5 years ago and it was full of wednesdayites, never met a blade out here though, they've got life too easy on the dole over there!

I am Wyoming, lived here for 20 yrs. Miss the football. I got back over in March and unfortunately caught the Walsall game. I have my fingers crossed for Saturday, wish I could be there, all my mates will be except for the fool ones who follow the unmentionable team............UTO

What brings an Owl to Wyoming, home of the cowboy?

I came me to work on a Dude Ranch in 89 and moved here permanetly in 93. the last game I saw for 14yrs was the first draw in league cup with Aresnal. How did you end up in Edmonton ?

Howdy neighbour! Reckon we can have a Rocky Mountain branch now!

Great result, UTO hope all the North American Owls hit the beers today. Looking forward to next season already, can't imagine how crazy it is at Hillsborough right now.

WTID

I came me to work on a Dude Ranch in 89 and moved here permanetly in 93. the last game I saw for 14yrs was the first draw in league cup with Aresnal. How did you end up in Edmonton ?

Sister moved here first then I came after A levels. Over 30 years now

Howdy, guess there are a few of us in these here parts.

Well we've got Utah, Wyoming & Colorado covered. Anyone in Montana, Idaho and Arizona?

I am Wyoming, lived here for 20 yrs. Miss the football. I got back over in March and unfortunately caught the Walsall game. I have my fingers crossed for Saturday, wish I could be there, all my mates will be except for the fool ones who follow the unmentionable team............UTO

Cool! Where in Wyoming are you? We aren't far from the border (between Fort Collins and Denver).

I live outside of Cody, near YNP. I worked in Georgia on and off, so I am sorry that my Braves just took you to the cleaners.

Back to a real sport what do you think of the England team ? how long have you been in Co ? Funny how you & Utah owl are 8 hrs away but around here that's next door.

UTO

Yeah, this season is already over. 8.5 games behind the Dodgers and it's only mid May.

Not been here long - just 3 years. Do you have a Wyoming twang after being here so long?

I'll get lynched for this, but I've never supported England. Growing up in the 80s, they seemed to always play at Wembley on a Wednesday night, so the chance to see them play was slim to nothing. If I was a decade or two younger and had been a kid when they played at grounds around the country things might have been different.

My family back home say I sound american but my family & friends in Wyoming say I still sound English. Most Yanks have never heard anybody from Sheffield speak so they all thought I was irish or an Aussie. They all think we talk like the Queen. I'm sure you know all about it by now.

I remember watching the Scots take over London for the old home champship, I always pulled for them. So not following England don't make you bad. I agree that the national team should tour around the UK and not just London.

If you ever head this way let me know, we can meet for a beer or several.

I worry about losing my accent. I've not lived in Sheffield since 1996.

I was on holiday in Australia earlier this year, and some cockney in a bar said I sounded like a "northern cant"

I was chuffed...

Sarasota, FL.

Alright mate, worked with a guy from Bradenton, don't no where he is now. Took the family to Anna Maria island last Easter rented a beach house, did a little tarpon fishing with the old fly pole. No luck that day caught a bunch of other fish though.

I came to Wyoming to work on Dude ranch and the lady who used to own it now lives in Sarasota. Small world eh !

UTO