My Worry....

Blade fan in peace here.

First of all, I wish you had beaten Charlton today, would have closed the gap for all of us and I'm all for a Utd/Weds top 2, dont care who finishes Champions.

Im replying to answer Bluesteels comment from a Blades perspective. We have a squad flowing with confidence and ability that shines in this league. With the greatest of respect your strikers have come from teams lower in stature and from teams lower in the league than yourself. We have strikers that played at higher standards and its fair to say havent really delivered in a Blades shirt until now.

Our midfield has players that have played in the Prem (Quinn, Williamson, McDonald) who with confidence and now a winning mentallity are really starting to play well in this league.

Our defence has been solid and have kept more clean sheets of late than not. I dare say we are a better team than you think and some of the football we have played has been some of the best us Blades have seen for years. We want the ball, love the ball and are happy to play with the ball at our feet. After years of effective but direct football, its a pleasent change.

Im not here to gloat, Im here is response to a comment posed about my team. I come here to read what others fans think of my team and this league because after the loss of 606, it isnt so easy to gauge the thoughts of other fans.

There is a long long way to go and I am certainly not counting chickens before they have hatched. We have been luckier than you regarding injuries but after the season we had last Im glad we have had a bit of luck and long may it continue.

You can afford to lose to Charlton as we can next week because its all about picking up points against the teams you should be beating if you wish to get out of this league. Walsall away, Brentford at home etc. We are doing that at the moment but we all know if we slip up at any time, you're there to take advantage.

good post that - do you think McCabe will resist any offers for the usual suspects?

He will now.

poo or bust IMO.

it will affect us as much as them. They have alwalys caved in at the 11th hr of the transfer window so will be telling what king pig's tactics are. Not many (big) teams get out of this poo league first time round.

good post that - do you think McCabe will resist any offers for the usual suspects?

I'd liek to say not but we all know what he has done in the past but if he is serious about getting out of this league then there is no better opportunity than the one we have right now.

If he is seen to be putting pounds over promotion then that will be unforgivable in the eyes of almost every Blade.

It all depends what is offered by whom. If Newcastle offer big money for Maguire then the Blades will listen. It then comes down to whether that money is reinvested straight back into the playing staff or swallowed up by the club.

McGuire going would be the least of my worries.

Don't rate him TBH.

But fair play, he keeps his place.

I'd liek to say not but we all know what he has done in the past but if he is serious about getting out of this league then there is no better opportunity than the one we have right now.

If he is seen to be putting pounds over promotion then that will be unforgivable in the eyes of almost every Blade.

It all depends what is offered by whom. If Newcastle offer big money for Maguire then the Blades will listen. It then comes down to whether that money is reinvested straight back into the playing staff or swallowed up by the club.

think your right - but i doubt the money received would be re-invested due to the situation of the club structure. This should be your worry - but looking at your current team you should be looking at the top two.

Guest Willyowl

Blade fan in peace here.

First of all, I wish you had beaten Charlton today, would have closed the gap for all of us and I'm all for a Utd/Weds top 2, dont care who finishes Champions.

Im replying to answer Bluesteels comment from a Blades perspective. We have a squad flowing with confidence and ability that shines in this league. With the greatest of respect your strikers have come from teams lower in stature and from teams lower in the league than yourself. We have strikers that played at higher standards and its fair to say havent really delivered in a Blades shirt until now.

Our midfield has players that have played in the Prem (Quinn, Williamson, McDonald) who with confidence and now a winning mentallity are really starting to play well in this league.

Our defence has been solid and have kept more clean sheets of late than not. I dare say we are a better team than you think and some of the football we have played has been some of the best us Blades have seen for years. We want the ball, love the ball and are happy to play with the ball at our feet. After years of effective but direct football, its a pleasent change.

Im not here to gloat, Im here is response to a comment posed about my team. I come here to read what others fans think of my team and this league because after the loss of 606, it isnt so easy to gauge the thoughts of other fans.

There is a long long way to go and I am certainly not counting chickens before they have hatched. We have been luckier than you regarding injuries but after the season we had last Im glad we have had a bit of luck and long may it continue.

You can afford to lose to Charlton as we can next week because its all about picking up points against the teams you should be beating if you wish to get out of this league. Walsall away, Brentford at home etc. We are doing that at the moment but we all know if we slip up at any time, you're there to take advantage.

Great post and agree with a lot of what you say. However, did you enter a cliche competition of somekind - how many can you get into one post?

Guest foreverSWFC

Blade fan in peace here.

Good post.

It is worrying how good you are getting, with the players you've got, you should definetly be in automatic places at the end of the season.

Harry Maguire is one hell of a player regarding potential. He has been an ever present this season and of course has made mistakes but he is only 18. Very easy to forget that.

Maguire/Collins partnership at times has been superb, you take either one of them away either thru transfer/injury we could have a problem.

Got a turning circle like a super tanker IMO. No pace either.

Wood/Beevers/Maguire all much of a muchness.

Beevers is the pick of the bunch IMO.

Bull him up all you like. Not top grade or premier IMO.

Maguire seems too clumsy to be a top player from what I've seen. I may be proved wrong.

I think United have won the games they would expect to over the last few weeks, the key as usual will be against sides in the top six, if they beat the likes of Charlton and Huddersfield away from home then fair enough.

Guest alwaysaowl

I really dont understand why United are doing as well as they are. I'm not the kind of Wednesday supporter who denies that United have a good team, if thats what I really think and for the first time in a good few years I genuinely think we have the edge over them as a team. Am I wrong on that? They seem to have had a good run of fixtures recently but you can only beat whats in front of you. I really dont rate them that highly other than one or two players but they are getting results.

danny willson lol

Bet no one will admit to have been in the car park the day Wilson was appointed now.

He has done a tremendous job. Not as good as Megson because Wilson inherited a much better squad, but a good job none the less. Just hope he pulls his usual stunt and bottles it at the end, although at the moment I'm not too optimistic.

United are becoming a worry but next week will be a decent yardstick, they have been on a decent run but lets not forget Salisbury, Yeovil and Bury at the moment aren't decent sides but granted they still have to be beat and they have done it, Charlton are decent in this division, I don't know who they have after them but next week will be a big test, they have us too coming up, Sunflower actually said it, twists and turns till the end, I actually now think it will go to the wire too.

Remember we win Hartlepool plus our game in hand we're back in second, Megson now needs to kick on another gear from here because this season we'll need it.

Have to agree another season in this league would be a disaster in the sense we have a far better squad in general than when KPS took us up.

We have a better squad, but the league is also far better. Id go as far to say that League One this season is the best its ever been and there are at least 4/5 clubs who could hold their own in the Championship.

We have a better squad, but the league is also far better. Id go as far to say that League One this season is the best its ever been and there are at least 4/5 clubs who could hold their own in the Championship.

I agree, actually when I remember how the old third division used to be like in the 80s and 90s compared to now it's vastly improved.