My Worry....

Todays performance was poor, really poor, Charlton didn't look that good either FWIW but they had a game plan, okay so they were negative and time wasting fkers for most of the game but they go home with three points so it's mission accomplished no matter what you say.

I think Megson got it wrong today,.. changing a winning team, why? and when he changed the formation nothing happened, for me it made it worse, on top of the fact that most of the team just seemed lackluster, I'm not going to single anyone out but some were worse then others, but I'm slightly worried now, I know theres a long way to go too, I know we have a game in hand etc.. but seeing as we have recently willingly chucked leads away in recent games, todays game was the day we needed them points, we threw it away v Huddersfield, Walsall, scarped through Tranmere and didn't turn up today,are we really in a position to say we'll go up having looking at the last few league results and performances? dunno...or could it be the Ben Marshalls issue that has added to the players pressure? again fk knows.. but I do know one thing, something has not been quite right for a while, we either address this now or it's play - offs at best.

Another thing that struck me today was the lack of an effective plan B, and why change a winning side, big mistake imo.

Now we just need to kick now off until the end of the season and history will tell you that we should if anything is to go by for this season. This will be a good judge of character for us seeing what we are made of.... starting against Hartlepool next.

Today was a major disappointment. I'm gutted about it but we have to move on.

Btw how bad is Charltons support? *** me, top of the league as well.

I honestly don't think it's fair to label todays performance as really really poor, I thought we played fairly well, and dealt with what they threw at us. I never really felt threatened. I feel we could have done a lot more with some of the chances we created though, and I was a bit disappointed with the hoofball for the last 10-15 mins.

My worry is we aren't quite good enough for automatic promotion and will have to make do with the play-offs.

Makes a change from being just plain old poo poo, having a huge debt, a poo poo chairman, and a poo poo manager.

Life isn't so bad really is it.

PS There must be a better word than poo poo for poo poo in auto correct Neil surely ?

Edited by Mr Farrell

We've played far far worse and won games. We weren't that bad by any stretch. We simply weren't allowed to play our game by Charlton and credit to them for doing a great job at stifling us. They doubled up on all our creative players and battered Madine and COGba into the ground. But for the ref yes we might have had a lot more clear cut chances but that is what it is. That game could have been 0-1, 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 with exactly the same game played by both teams. I think we got out thought as much as anything today. We got frustrated far too easily and lost our game plan.

Not the end of the world by any chance. Let's be honest we would have snapped arms off for top 6 on the 1st of August!

Just not bothered...

Guest bully87

how was that poor? cause we lost?

wasnt poor at all. why doom and gloom. for 80 minutes out of 90 they had 11 men behind the ball they were in our half about 10 minutes out the whole 90

we couldnt break them down and we didnt score when were on top at beginning of game

I honestly don't think it's fair to label todays performance as really really poor, I thought we played fairly well, and dealt with what they threw at us. I never really felt threatened. I feel we could have done a lot more with some of the chances we created though, and I was a bit disappointed with the hoofball for the last 10-15 mins.

Maybe this was because Charlton was nothing special but they did what they had to do, my worry for Pete btw was we had no answer and have had no answer in other games, games we needed to kill off.

My worry is we aren't quite good enough for automatic promotion and will have to make do with the play-offs.

Makes a change from being just plain old poo poo, having a huge debt, a poo poo chairman, and a poo poo manager.

Great point Mr Farrell. Hit the nail on the head perfectly.

I feel better already ha.

PS There must be a better word than poo poo for poo poo in auto correct Neil surely ?

at the moment we are certainly heading for the playoffs.

not a bad thing if you look at what we did last year but I don't know if we are any better than MK dons, Hudds or pigs.

and we have to be better than at least 2 of them to get up..

Another season in this shitty league doesn't bear thinking about.

Maybe this was because Charlton was nothing special but they did what they had to do, my worry for Pete btw was we had no answer and have had no answer in other games, games we needed to kill off.

2 goals down away against the blunts, and we get a point. 2 goals down against 'udders and we get a point. A goal down away at Charlton when we were struggling all round and we got a point. Hardly say we have no answer mate. I'd just say we aren't any better than the other top 3 teams to be honest. No shame in being second best!

Just not bothered...

not a bad thing if you look at what we did last year but I don't know if we are any better than MK dons, Hudds or pigs.

No we don't, we need to score 2 goals and keep 3 clean sheets (effectively). I wouldn't say Charlton were better than us today, but they got the job done.

Playoffs are a lottery, anything can (and will) happen!

Just not bothered...

Indeed, but as things stand even the most blinkered of us must accept the Addicks, Pigs and Huddersfield seem better equipped on balance for a top 2 spot.

That said, a long way to go, a lot of transfers and loans still to happen, and an Owl never stops fighting.

Watch us go, if Milans court case is resolved favourably.

Guest foreverSWFC

First goal was vital, and it was a cracking goal. Charlton were a very good team at what they do, they were happy with the aerial bombardment we were giving them, they had two strong defenders who were capable of dealing with it unlike most opposition we have come up against at Hillsborough. As soon as they score all they needed to do was frustrate the players and the fans, just to kill the game off. And they did very effectively, sign of a good team.

But we didn't turn up either, the midfield was missing, Lines had a poor game imo never took control of the ball, and Semedo for all his hard work and endeavour struggled to get into the game.

I could not understand megson's tactics at all, why change 4 4 2? It was obvious Charlton were happy to head everything away they have the organisation and ability to deal with it. We should have kept Marshall on for sure, we needed craft and cleverness, we were never going to do that with Reda playing as a wing back and three strikers up front. It turned into complete desperation hoofball that last 20 minutes and we were are better than that. Also, JJ should have been at least on the bench, we were crying out for more pace and trickery, we just needed to unlock therir defence, and playing 3-4-3 or whatever it was was not going to work.

However, Charlton were a very effective side and came here to frustrate us, and did it very well. They will go up this season 100%, best team in the division. we need to buck our ideas up sligghtly and not lose focus this January, it is an important month. UTO