XCOM

web_owls

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/05/xcom-enemy-unknown-announced-new-xcom-strategy-game-from-the-creators-of-civilization/

Im not sure ANY thing they make after could live up to the shear brilliance of the first XCom game - but it will definitely be interesting to see what happens. Im not sure the hardcore of XCom fans will take to it...

Those Chrysalids are an absolute illegitimate. They wiped out half the population in a Terror attack then one of my men panicked got turned into a zombie. They ripped up two other members leaving my most experienced soldiers, the last two on their own. Sniper and a healer, worked well managed to get back to Sky Ranger for evac. China were not happy I left them in the lurch and stopped funding.

**** em I thought the sniper is named after my daughter and sentiment won the day.

I like the game overall, appears to be a bit quick but got used to the pace. The cover system isn't really cover just a dodge buff, which was annoying and just about everything blows up.

Gutted, played 3 hours of this so far, then was failing a mission and decided to pull my best men out and save them, then it crashed and i didnt know it didnt have an autosave :( lost it all got to start again!!!! GRRRRRR

Brilliant game though

Same thing happened to me on my first run, it didn't crash I just quit out to the main menu assuming it had autosaved like is standard in pretty much all games these days, then when I came back noticed I'd lost a couple of hours progress.

You have to go into options and manually enable autosave.

Bit of a blessing in disguise though, as it allowed me to start over and not bother with the tutorial, so instead of having 3 soldiers guaranteed to be dead I came out of the first mission with all 4 alive and promoted. Also allowed me to get right to work on building a satellite and just generally playing the game smarter as I had learned from earlier mistakes...such as not having your highest ranking heavy soldier take cover behind a car that's on fire...massive d'oh moment!

Still hoped there would be bit more micro managment while dealing with equipment, and your soldiers like it was in original game.

Covering sistem works very well, but I'm not happy that it simply rises your dodging.

On the last mission now, this games proper short to be fair, slightly gutted about that.

All team are Col's and have Titan armour with plasma weapons, pretty much too easy now

Thats one of things that I loved about the original. It was so difficult that when you completed it you felt like you had actually acheived something.