Ryan Lowe

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Anyone surprised by him being took of today?

I thought Watt was poor and didn't think there was any need for the change.

IMO i do think sometimes it's a little unfair that it's always Lowe to be subbed or dropped.

When Madine is back, it will be very interesting because i think O'Grady is certain of a place.

I like O'Grady and he works his socks off but i don't think we will ever see him subbed or dropped.

I like Lowe, but as I said in another thread, Im a bit concerned that he needs 2 or 3 chances before he scores.

Had a couple against Huddersfield, Wallsall and again today which all sounded like easy chances he should have buried. Today he was one-on-one twice, one cleared off the line (which I suppose you cant do too much about) and another straight at the keepers legs.

Hes not the only one and its probably a tad harsh to single him out, but as a team we need to be more clinical in front of goal and maybe a bit more ruthless. More goals will bring confidence.

perhaps it's just a barren patch every striker has them ,hopefullyb one will go in off his arse or whatever ,thats all it takes .he was doing well before he came here ,it'l come for him

Barren patch ? he scored last week ffs

cant we just enjoy the win go out and get pissed as its new years eve instead of trying to find a negative.

Is he not the oldest in the team? We have another game in 48 hours, so best to keep everyone as fresh as possible. Also, perhaps being 2-0 up, GM wanted to see what Watt could do as a decision will have to be made soon on him?

Though he was taken off to keep him fresh for Monday. At 2-0 Preston were pushing forward and looked vulnerable to pace on the counter attack.

Guest Sheff Owl

I ain't having a go at any player i like both Lowe and O'Grady but sometimes i think Lowe get's the ruff end of the stick as to being taken off or dropped.

Like i said when Madine is back it will be very interesting, i just hope Lowe doesn't really suffer because i believe he will get goals for us, obviously O'Grady needs to really add a few more goals but his work rate is second to none and for that reason and Megson sees him vital to how we play he won't be dropped or took off.

I like Lowe, but as I said in another thread, Im a bit concerned that he needs 2 or 3 chances before he scores.

Had a couple against Huddersfield, Wallsall and again today which all sounded like easy chances he should have buried. Today he was one-on-one twice, one cleared off the line (which I suppose you cant do too much about) and another straight at the keepers legs.

Hes not the only one and its probably a tad harsh to single him out, but as a team we need to be more clinical in front of goal and maybe a bit more ruthless. More goals will bring confidence.

and O'grady needs 10 or twenty before he manages to find the net

Guest Sheff Owl

flipping hell was only giving an opinion!

I'm not just saying it on today...

I don't think Lowe has played a full 90 minutes for us..

But you could turn it round and say we have 2 games why not take O'Grady off, he runs his socks of and must be knackered?

flipping hell was only giving an opinion!

I'm not just saying it on today...

I don't think Lowe has played a full 90 minutes for us..

But you could turn it round and say we have 2 games why not take O'Grady off, he runs his socks of and must be knackered?

Cause O Grady is about 10 foot tall and is an important part of our defending set pieces.

oh ffs my point of view is why he is missing two or three chances is all , i was just making an observation on why this might be happening

if it upsetts you so much i am sorry ,there are you happy now

Cause iam happy we won 2-0 ...........we may be MASSIVE but if he scored every chance he had he would not be playing for SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC.

Andy Cole won league titles with a ratio of about 1 goal every 5 or 6 chances so i can live with Lowe missing 2 or 3 thanks.

Edited by curren