The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Can you imagine OT if we dip tonight and JJ does his hamstring?

Hence why more should have been done in the window.

We lose JJ and what do we have?

Jones who may be great but is yet to settle in and ain't exactly 'a threat' which is needed at each and every club?

Sedgwick?

equally Madine could score a hat trick and get back on the goal trail, emulating what he did at the start of the season.

Or Lowe could, or (although this is VERY far fetched......) JJ could have his 3rd great game on the bounce. Ok I went too far with that last one.

Where's the negativity coming from, I don't get it. We are still joint 2nd with a great squad.

Madine is decent but his start was flattering and he won't do anything like that again!

Sorry guys

By keeping their best players, and adding quality up front.

All the indications were that they would have to trim their wage bill, while we would be adding 2 or 3 players.

On that basis, I was confident that we would finish above them, now I'm not so sure.

Still, it's not over yet.

Hoskins' record is not as good as Lowe's and he can't get a regular place in our team at the moment. I'd like to see a genuine left back but Reda's been doing OK. Mike Jones has a good reputation and I feel just needs a bit of time to bed in (sometimes happens - look at Evans across the city). The Bostock lad might fail but if he hits his true potential then he could be breathtaking. Let's wait and see how it pans out

Hoskins' record is not as good as Lowe's and he can't get a regular place in our team at the moment. I'd like to see a genuine left back but Reda's been doing OK. Mike Jones has a good reputation and I feel just needs a bit of time to bed in (sometimes happens - look at Evans across the city). The Bostock lad might fail but if he hits his true potential then he could be breathtaking. Let's wait and see how it pans out

I'm not panicking, I was just hoping for a bit more quality coming in. And I was hoping our rivals would weaken a bit.

Pigs wage bill is way higher than ours, i'd like to see a more level playing field.

I sense they are going poo or bust.

This guy covered it in his OP

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/162984-my-concerns/

No left sided winger?

No pace upfront?

JJ (one of our main threats) having a bad record of injuries?

A CB playing LB?

JJ can play left wing and is better than any of the pigs wingers.

Pigs have no pace up front

As for injuries they can happen to any player at any time

Havent seen an opposition left back play as well as Reda this season.

Madine is decent but his start was flattering and he won't do anything like that again!

Sorry guys

Wait, what? Madine started off very slowly, the first 3 games of the season he was average at best. After he got his first goal against Notts C he started to really play and didn't let up until he got injured. He's a good player ffs, there's nothing to suggest he won't carry on playing well!

Guest Foxhill Owl

Sorry guys

Zak what do you know lol

You going to MK ?

JJ can play left wing and is better than any of the pigs wingers.

Pigs have no pace up front

As for injuries they can happen to any player at any time

Havent seen an opposition left back play as well as Reda this season.

I don't care about any of the other clubs just us.

Some players are more likely to get injured more than others. JJ seems to be one of them!

Reda has been great but all in all few players have been playing out of position lately due to vacancies in positions or injuries etc.

Overall I am very happy with what we have but just feel like we could possibly just fall short and I don't want us to fall short down to a player or two.

Wait, what? Madine started off very slowly, the first 3 games of the season he was average at best. After he got his first goal against Notts C he started to really play and didn't let up until he got injured. He's a good player ffs, there's nothing to suggest he won't carry on playing well!

Yes and there is nothing to suggest he will. Everyone was on this guys back before his first goal at Hills, he scores 11 goals or so and all of a sudden he is amazing?

He is decent but not good enough for a long term future here.

Yes and there is nothing to suggest he will. Everyone was on this guys back before his first goal at Hills, he scores 11 goals or so and all of a sudden he is amazing?

FFS what a load of cobblers lol

I don't care about any of the other clubs just us.

Some players are more likely to get injured more than others. JJ seems to be one of them!

Reda has been great but all in all few players have been playing out of position lately due to vacancies in positions or injuries etc.

Overall I am very happy with what we have but just feel like we could possibly just fall short and I don't want us to fall short down to a player or two.

you were comparing us to blunts.

I dont care about other clubs mate and feel we will still sign 1 or 2 more on loan in the coming weeks.

I cant understand all this negativity regarding the transfer window, if Megson could have got the players he wanted for the right price he would have.

You are kidding right? He's one of the most promising young strikers we've had in a very long time. He showed great progress last season, and after a dip at the start of this season (which was still only 3 games!) he's carried on improving. And that doesn't suggest to you that he can carry on playing well, or even get better?

I'm glad you don't scout for us! :st2: