The Official January Transfer Window Thread

We should have done a lot more, POOR

How you arrive at that concusion? we have signed a Premiership midfielder who has represented England at most levels for his age whilst pigs have signed Hoskins who although played well against us last season doesnt have the potential to go as far in the game as Bostock who had Manure, Arsenal and Barcelona sniffing round not so long back.

How?

By keeping their best players, and adding quality up front.

All the indications were that they would have to trim their wage bill, while we would be adding 2 or 3 players.

On that basis, I was confident that we would finish above them, now I'm not so sure.

Still, it's not over yet.

How?

Easy,we have a weaker squad than 3 weeks ago.we have lost Ben through no fault of our own and replaced him with what should be a quality signing and added Jones who has yet to step up to the mark.

Against all odds the blunts have so far kept all there players and added a quality signing in Hoskins,sadly it's advantage blunts for the time being at least.

In the cold light of day, squad wise we are looking much healthier than last year. However, the expectations raised by GM and MM have left a sour taste and have nothing but disappointment IMO, despite bringing in Bostock.

Unless we get our finger out in the next few hours, I feel that GM/MM have a lesson to learn about managing expectations.

Better flippingwin now tonight, otherwise this board will be suicidal.

Ps. Ok so pigs signed Hoskins, but really...he started at Rotherham and done little else but look half decent in a few games for relegated Bristol Rovers (admittedly so did Lines!) however its not like they have signed Rooney is it?

How you arrive at that concusion? we have signed a Premiership midfielder who has represented England at most levels for his age whilst pigs have signed Hoskins who although played well against us last season doesnt have the potential to go as far in the game as Bostock who had Manure, Arsenal and Barcelona sniffing round not so long back.

This guy covered it in his OP

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/162984-my-concerns/

No left sided winger?

No pace upfront?

JJ (one of our main threats) having a bad record of injuries?

A CB playing LB?

Leicester have reportedly had a million pound bid for Vardy rejected by Fleetwood

<p class="stream-item-header" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">Now Football @Now_Football

Leicester have £1million bid for Jamie Vardy rejected. #lcfc#deadlineday

Vardy can't be in the same price band as Marshall surely!

Can you imagine OT if we dip tonight and JJ does his hamstring?

equally Madine could score a hat trick and get back on the goal trail, emulating what he did at the start of the season.

Or Lowe could, or (although this is VERY far fetched......) JJ could have his 3rd great game on the bounce. Ok I went too far with that last one.

Where's the negativity coming from, I don't get it. We are still joint 2nd with a great squad.