Rob Jones a Major doubt

Guest intercity0wl

Megson has a way of doing things and I can't imagine he would bring Beevers back and just put him straight in the starting line up, he will need to earn a place.

I do think it will be a good chance for Llera to look to earn a contract though, here's hoping for a good defensive display against Preston.

Guest intercity0wl

Megson has a way of doing things and I can't imagine he would bring Beevers back and just put him straight in the starting line up, he will need to earn a place.

I do think it will be a good chance for Llera to look to earn a contract though, here's hoping for a good defensive display against Preston.

Recalled by Blackpool early from Brentford, to sent straight up to us, i think a contract is a definate for Llera, and will be aided by getting Hoof off the wage bill permanently.

In what way is Beevers better than Llera? I've read your post twice and I just can't get my head round it to be honest.

I didn't say he was.

I'm saying that Beevers is a Wednesday player, was and I believe still is a great prospect and now is the perfect opportunity to put his career back on track and deliver some of that potential. We all know how good Beever's can be, equally we've all witnessed his frailties, but I just don't understand the clamour to get rid. Equally I can understand why people would expect Megson to bring him back gradually, Personally I would give him a go now while he is I guess playing with confidence.

that's all...

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I don't see what others do in Llera, he was 100% at fault for one of their goals O'grady was not in his way at all it was a shockingly bad attempt at a header, he looked like a fish out of water.

As for the rest of Llera's time against Walsall, as soon as he came on their right winger had a right royal party skipping past him on several occasions.

He will have to pull his socks up if he is going to cover for Jones

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I don't see what others do in Llera, he was 100% at fault for one of their goals O'grady was not in his way at all it was a shockingly bad attempt at a header, he looked like a fish out of water.

As for the rest of Llera's time against Walsall, as soon as he came on their right winger had a right royal party skipping past him on several occasions.

He will have to pull his socks up if he is going to cover for Jones

I will say it before anyone else does.

How will pulling his socks up help ? :rolleyes:

I didn't say he was.

I'm saying that Beevers is a Wednesday player, was and I believe still is a great prospect and now is the perfect opportunity to put his career back on track and deliver some of that potential. We all know how good Beever's can be, equally we've all witnessed his frailties, but I just don't understand the clamour to get rid. Equally I can understand why people would expect Megson to bring him back gradually, Personally I would give him a go now while he is I guess playing with confidence.

that's all...

^^^^^

I disagree. I think as a youngster he showed great potential with a lot of that coming with his natural build. He doesn't have the aggressiveness to succeed as a centre back in the championship/league 1 but he also lacks the pace/passing abilities to make up for his lack of aggression.

He's just a big lad who seems alright at last ditch tackles and defensive headers in my humble opinion.

Guest Mexico Baby

I didn't say he was.

that's all...

I don't get all the anti Beevers stuff either.

Like all other prospects coming through from our youth team he was built up by the fans to be 20 times better than he is. Granted, he's not turned into the premiership defender everyone built him up to be but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

He's still more than capable of doing a job for us at this level as he's proved at Mk. I'm easy on who replaces jones, but don't write the Beever off just yet.

I would be interested to hear MKD Fan's view on Mark Beevers as like many have said above, he has played all matches in their great run and also chipped in with some goals I believe? Will be interesting to see if they are affected by his return to the Owls!

GM is clearly a big fan of Beevers and he clearly was low on confidence and that's why he was sent out on loan - so for me it would be interesting to see if he is back to the young promising talent many talked about - he can only do that by getting playing time

As for Rob Jones no wonder he has a bad back if he is really driving a Lotus Elise which he can only just get in/out of - if that is the case - GM should make him change it for a range rover lol!

Not convinced with Liera and Beevers has got everything to prove again. The problem is we now have to fill a key position again and I think its a risk whoever we play. I'm not happy with the way we are defending when under pressure and we need a leader at the back who not only gets stuck in effectively but also shouts and organises the line. I ain't got an answer but I'm more worried that whats been suggested will not come up to scratch.

Bringing Beevers back into a team that has conceded 6 goals in the last 2 games aint a good idea.

No one dislikes Beevers, I'm sure he's a great lad but he hasn't had a good game for us in 3 years and it's better for all concerned if he moves on and we pick up a fee for him.

The excuses don't wash any more - the "he's only young" cry has gone out once too often.

To get out of this league we need to be ruthless.

Unfortunatley Beevers is part of our past but I'd be amazed if he's part of our future. I think Megson tried with him but he doesn't fit what Megson wants. He has no physical presence and fragile mentality.

For me Baath and Beevers together would be a disaster - why? No leadership.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Sorry people just seen the second Walsall goal,shocking defending by Llera they dont score if he makes the header and its a simple header for a center half really,he will cost you points and you're season has been about solid defending thats why you're home record is so strong .....great opening goal by the way.

So by that logic Reda should have been dropped for not putting Rhodes 6ft under for Huddersfailed's 4th goal?