ХВАЛА MILAN - NEW FLAG

Forza ... Me and my mates would be more than happy to take your flag off your hands for a while until your friends can make it over . Only trouble is it would need a fire cert to be allowed into Hillsborough, and my next away game is Preston. I'll be going to every away game after that though. Upto you mate.

Up the Owls !

Thanks Eaton, I've just come off the phone to the Italian lads and they're over the moon. They asked me to pass on their thanks to you. If it could make the journey to Preston that would be fantastic. How do I get it to you?

Thanks Eaton, I've just come off the phone to the Italian lads and they're over the moon. They asked me to pass on their thanks to you. If it could make the journey to Preston that would be fantastic. How do I get it to you?

No worries at all mate.

Where abouts do you live ? We can either meet some where and i'll pick it up that way ... or depending on where you live / or if your busy etc ... you could always post it to me ?

Upto you really mate, whatever is easier ? PM me if you want .

Guest Distraught!

Not sure if this has been covered, but how do you pronounce 'xbana'? Could we work it into a song?

Xbana Milan,

Xbana Milan,

For saving the Wednesday,

Xbana Milan.

To city is ours chant? All depends on pronunciation.

What was that kiddies' programme that used to be on the telly with monkeys dressed liked firemen?

Too long ago yo remember.

One banana, two banana, xbanana, four...........

lol

http://www.swfc.co.u...2545613,00.html

Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric says he was 'incredibly touched' by the huge banner bearing his name that was displayed by Wednesdayites at Oldham on Saturday.

The banner stemmed the whole width of the away end at Boundary Park, which housed almost 4,000 travelling Owls as Wednesday posted a 2-0 win that cemented their position in one of the two automatic promotion slots in League 1.

The declaration of 'ХВАЛА MILAN' - which translates to 'THANK YOU MILAN' in his native Serbian - prompted Mandaric to tell swfc.co.uk:

"I am so incredibly touched by this gesture. It is fantastic to know that I have the appreciation and recognition of the supporters to what we are all working so hard to do at Sheffield Wednesday.

"This is what gives me the energy and enthusiasm to do as much as I can for our club.

"Above everything else, I have so much admiration for the loyalty they have for their football club. It's like I said when I first came here, as long as I am here, I will share their loyalty and do what all good chairmen of their club should do."

Asked if he had ever seen anything of its like, Mandaric came back with an emphatic response:

"No, never. I am fond of my time at Portsmouth and I also have great appreciation of my time at Leicester too but this was a special touch and I truly appreciate the efforts of these wonderful supporters.

"I have a copy of the photograph and I will be having it framed for my office at Hillsborough."

I love this man more and more everyday.

Edited by DeeeeeJ

Also, be nice for it to be in a prominent position at Hillsborough for the next game. I know it should live up near the Ultras permanantly but for its home debut you should see if it can go anywhere else where the most people will see it.

NW corner? Could it go at the top, or across the seats half way up where the 2018 text bid banner was for the pigs game? Not sure on the 'height' of it but if it could spread over 2 rows it'd look mint. I'd be happy to turn up early and help secure it if needed and I'm sure it wouldnt be too hard.

Middle of Kop, front of the upper section where the gangway runs across. As long as its high enough to see and doesnt obscure peoples view.

I've helped with the Wednesdayite flag a few times. One of those times we paraded it on the pitch before the Southampton game and displayed it while the players were coming out. We were on the pitch as they came out and the feeling was incredible. That would be fantastic, and a proper reward for the hard work put in for you guys to experience it. It would mean you could struggle to display it for the rest of the game, we had to hotfoot it off and wrap it up in front of the North that day, but it went well. Jim B was in charge and he made sure it ran like clockwork as we had a minutes silence the same game for something, could be rememberance day maybe.

May be worth speaking to John Rutherford and using the angle that its for Milan to show him how much we appreciate his efforts, first year in charge, that kind of thing.

Also, be nice for it to be in a prominent position at Hillsborough for the next game. I know it should live up near the Ultras permanantly but for its home debut you should see if it can go anywhere else where the most people will see it.

NW corner? Could it go at the top, or across the seats half way up where the 2018 text bid banner was for the pigs game? Not sure on the 'height' of it but if it could spread over 2 rows it'd look mint. I'd be happy to turn up early and help secure it if needed and I'm sure it wouldnt be too hard.

Middle of Kop, front of the upper section where the gangway runs across. As long as its high enough to see and doesnt obscure peoples view.

I've helped with the Wednesdayite flag a few times. One of those times we paraded it on the pitch before the Southampton game and displayed it while the players were coming out. We were on the pitch as they came out and the feeling was incredible. That would be fantastic, and a proper reward for the hard work put in for you guys to experience it. It would mean you could struggle to display it for the rest of the game, we had to hotfoot it off and wrap it up in front of the North that day, but it went well. Jim B was in charge and he made sure it ran like clockwork as we had a minutes silence the same game for something, could be rememberance day maybe.

May be worth speaking to John Rutherford and using the angle that its for Milan to show him how much we appreciate his efforts, first year in charge, that kind of thing.

As long as Udders have'nt got the bottom tier why not put it there about six rows up bang in the middle across 2 rows of seats, that way whenever we score it will be shown on all the highlights. This way it does'nt block any advertising and we get full exposure and literally everybody can see it especially on TV.