Yew Owls.

Guest moonraker

Guest moonraker

Hi you Owls.

Hudds at home now Colchester away both despatched by Paolo and his lads.

Good win for you owls could have been a potential banana skin for you.....with wins at Bristol City and Crawley away as well things are beginning to take shape....got a good squad and he is starting to shine as a manager....looking forward to the draw and i for one would love a return visit to Hillsborough.....know Paolo would to.

Great after match interview,asked whether he will be listening to the draw he said ....i am off for de feesh dinner....you know de feeesh anz cheeeps :biggrin:

All the best you Owls.

Guest moonraker

Might not be abad draw that an easy passage to the next round then let's get one of the big boys.

Exactly what i was thinking :biggrin: :biggrin:

Believe me Paolo would love it..

not so sure di canio would like a return visit ,didnt get a good reception last time he was here .

i think he will get a different reception next time...it was abit like finding out the woman you love has fvcked off and veryone was still hurting. I think we've all seen how Paulo was something special to watch and I think he'll get a good reception

I had a meal in the south (dooley's i think) before the Orient game, and was quite suprised to see a picture of Paolo on the corridor wall. Don't get me wrong i think the guy was great, but the way he left us split the fans and the club played the role of the victim

I blame Danny Wilson.

When you have a player that good you have to swallow your pride. That decision ultimately got us the sack and him relegated.

We should have backed him 100% after the AllCOCK incident. No way should he have been doing what he was doing at West Ham. Should have been for us. Who knows, if we kept hold of him n Benni we may never of got relegated???

:biggrin:

I blame Danny Wilson.

When you have a player that good you have to swallow your pride. That decision ultimately got us the sack and him relegated.

We should have backed him 100% after the AllCOCK incident. No way should he have been doing what he was doing at West Ham. Should have been for us. Who knows, if we kept hold of him n Benni we may never of got relegated???

any club and manager worth their salt would have stood by him...

ferguson would have defended him so heavily, and called alcock for diving, or deliberately falling over (which we all thought at the time)...that it would have finished him as a ref...

united players past and present would have jumped on the band wagon (admitting that he had done wrong in laying his hands on and pushing him, but he had NOT pushed him over...six or eight week ban, and...back in a united shirt)...

i have wondered many times since if we were looking at down sizing at the time, and this was seen as an opportunity of moving in that direction (with what appeared to be at the time holding the moral high ground)...

and was sir dave still here?, and have his eyes set on a job elsewhere?...

a move of that magnitude, would be seen by the other old farts at the fa as the right thing to do...

Edited by dnhc

Guest plymouthowl

I went to the County Ground a few weeks ago with my SWFC complete record book to get signed by Di Canio. I was lucky enough to find him, he signed it with no hesitation, posed for a photo with me, shook my hand a wished me all the best. Top bloke, amazing player, promising manager.

Would love him back at S6 one day. Though can't see it ever happening

You'll see few better examples of mismanagement at Wednesday than the Di Canio incident.

Sad thing is, such mismanagement then festered for another dozen years.

We're only just emerging from it, but my, what a price we've had to pay as fans.

You'll see few better examples of mismanagement at Wednesday than the Di Canio incident.

Sad thing is, such mismanagement then festered for another dozen years.

We're only just emerging from it, but my, what a price we've had to pay as fans.

Didn't we sell him to West Ham for £1 million?!?!

The mind boggles.