Catering prices - are they REALLY that bad ?

The food is absolutely not fit to give to a dog as for the beer .....what beer?

Its way over due that catering joined the 21st century with quality and choice...and rel flipping beers for godsake

I have never understood why anyone with any ounce of intelligence would buy such garbage

the club want make money then move with the times.

Guest intercity0wl

I bought a chip butty on the grandstand last week. The breadcake was dry, and the ketchup was basically red vinegar. The quality is offensive.

Must admit i bought one in the Sheridan suite yesterday, forgetting that the Catering firm had changed hands, same as yours my breadcake was dry and they didn't even have any Vinegar.

I wont forget its Lindleys doing the catering again

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Me, my dad and my 4 year old son go on the Kop, every match we have a coke, my son has a bag of crisps and usually a pack of sweets, all bought from the shop on middlewood road opposite the taxi office, B4 the match we go to the best cafe in Sheffield on tailtone road next to the second hand car place between the Kop and the park! He does football food too, fantastic quality and brilliant service! Now it's getting colder we have switched to tailing a big flask of tomato soup with us! I never buy inside the ground as there is always some where else if you know where to go!

£6 for three bovrils is offensive.

Chocolates cost 25 pence when bought in multipacks from morrisons five minutes down the road.

The coffee is like tasting dishwater.

Although at least now with everything approaching round numbers, the staff don't have to do much adding up ............

£6 for three bovrils is offensive.

Chocolates cost 25 pence when bought in multipacks from morrisons five minutes down the road.

The coffee is like tasting dishwater.

Although at least now with everything approaching round numbers, the staff don't have to do much adding up ............

They still manage to get it wrong

Me, my dad and my 4 year old son go on the Kop, every match we have a coke, my son has a bag of crisps and usually a pack of sweets, all bought from the shop on middlewood road opposite the taxi office, B4 the match we go to the best cafe in Sheffield on tailtone road next to the second hand car place between the Kop and the park! He does football food too, fantastic quality and brilliant service! Now it's getting colder we have switched to tailing a big flask of tomato soup with us! I never buy inside the ground as there is always some where else if you know where to go!

You want to be careful you don't burn your bits or get arrested for obscene behaviour.

:st2:

Guest Darth Sturrock

Fookin' hell, my nob gets cold, when the weathers like this, but that's got to be a last resort!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:lol

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Fookin' hell, my nob gets cold, when the weathers like this, but that's got to be a last resort!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:lol

Don't mock it till you've tried it!

Don't you just love the auto spell correct on the iPhone!

lol lol lol

UTO

expensive to say the least is an understatement

it will drive fans to bringing in their own food

bottle of coke for £2? its a quid down shop

cup of tea for two rumbleing quid??!! jesus wept, you can buy a full box for that amount

sausage rolls at £2.20 a pop. you can get a poo poo load from cooplands

why aren't the prices competitive to drive up the sales??!!

I don't think the Arena, and Hillsborough are comparable, to be honest.

If it's a one off, you might splash out on overpriced food.

But when it's a regular event, it's different. How many people go to 20+ concerts a year at the Sheffield Arena? Or eat airport food 20 times a year?

Football fans shouldn't get shafted, just because they turn up at the same place every other Saturday for 9 months of the year.

This is exactly the point. Many people attending concerts do so as a one off. Many are not from the local area and so don't know where they may be able to get alternative service from. Also these events take place in evenings when shops in the area may be shut.

Football fans attend on a regular basis, many live locally, they are familiar with the area and know where they can get refreshments elsewhere in the area for a fraction of the price. Plenty of newsagents/shops are open in the area so people choose to shop elsewhere instead of in the ground. There can't be many who regularly use our catering facilities, even less so when taking the quality and service into consideration.

The catering prices are obscene with some at least double what you would pay normally. I wouldn't buy anything at the ground as it is daylight robbery and feel ripped off.Comparing with a concert is ridiculous as it is more of a one off event and there is more time to eat and drink.If they were more of a resonable price I would buy rather than taking my own drinks etc. Get it sorted.