Catering prices - are they REALLY that bad ?

Yes the catering is extortionate and just because its not quite as extortionate as some other venues doesn't make it any less scandalous.

But if people are gonna buy it nothing will ever change boycott the flipping kiosks and when Lindleys and the Club ask why tell em cos its not only crap its extortionate crap.

Give it a few home games of selling flip all and things would change.

The Club are as much at fault as Lindleys too they brought in a company deemed not fit by a previous regime and if the prices and quality of food and drink wasn't part of the discussions then they flipping well should have been.

i had one of their coffees last week it was dire to be fair

whats stopping them at least using those coffee machines they have in hotels where fresh beans are used and real milk not that long life crap

Proper commercial Bean 2 Cup machines cost in the region of 8 grand for a decent one and the serving times wouldn't be any quicker either.

You cant win really as my company sold some hot drinks machines to Notts County and the fans still complained about the quality of drinks.

Edited by Benny459

Guest intercity0wl

With the return of this subject to the Forum, and dispite the efforts of W/ite in organising the survey, and their subsequent meeting with reps from Lindleys, it seems quite apparentent with the answers given and the apparrent satisfaction felt by Lindleys with their sales figures that nothing will change, which means neither will my buying of food outside the stadium.

I went to The O2 in that there London last week and was pleasantly surprised to find that draught lager (they had run out of Boddingtons) was only £4.50 a pint. That was for Stella too. When you compare that to £3.30 for 3/4 of a pint of Carling wee wee water is pretty reasonable, and that is at a once in a flood type venue.

The prices at Hillsborough are a joke and I certainly see more people bringing fish and chips / burgers / flasks into the stands now than I have seen before.

Just not bothered...

I have absolutely no idea why people buy the 'food' and 'drink' inside Hillsborough. Hillsborough is surrounded with boozers, sandwich shops, confectionary shops etc where the product is fairly priced for the quality you get.

What did make me laugh about the catering a few years ago was the Beres food - thought I'd give it a go, noticed it was about 35% more expensive than in the Beres shops around the stadium, yet tasted like it had been sat there since the previous home game! lol

I've not bought any food/drink within the stadium because like others have stated - prices are ridiculously inflated, the quality of food is atrocious and the staff are clueless and slow.

Lindley's can shove their JUMBO sausage rolls up their fvckin' arse...

Just to echo what has said so far, the value is terrible but so is the whole set up, I feel so sorry for those kids who are armed with a calculator to deal with the service. At Blackburn in the cup every item had a barcode and they had a proper till to just scan it and calculate the price and give you the money. They had an exit gate and you knew exactly where to queue. We have tons of those kdis on service but half of them stand to ask what you want and take your money while the other half walk over and get it, can't one person do the job and have the other half also doing the same? As stated before the quality is terrible, the jumbo sausage roll pastry disintegrated to a crumbed carpet with one bite!! The pie's are ok, the only thing of reasonable quality was the bere's pork sarnie, now thats gone I'd rather save a couple of quid and get a hot dog from the burger van, similar quality much much cheaper, which in the recession more people are going to do...apologies for the rant!

The prices are quite reasonable for an event scenario however I agree the quality is appalling. I never eat inside the ground for this reason, but I do like a hot drink and so far this season (on the North) have yet to achieve a truly hot chocolate. The nearest I came was a moderately warm chocolate. I get warmer water from my tap at home.

Is it too much to ask for boiling water to make a drink?

SWFC if you are reading this, I spend on average around £10 on food and beverages on a match day and only £2 of this inside the ground. When I brought my family at the weekend, the four of us spent around £35. There is a market to earn revenue but you need to sort the quality and choice.

The prices are quite reasonable for an event scenario however I agree the quality is appalling. I never eat inside the ground for this reason, but I do like a hot drink and so far this season (on the North) have yet to achieve a truly hot chocolate. The nearest I came was a moderately warm chocolate. I get warmer water from my tap at home.

Is it too much to ask for boiling water to make a drink?

SWFC if you are reading this, I spend on average around £10 on food and beverages on a match day and only £2 of this inside the ground. When I brought my family at the weekend, the four of us spent around £35. There is a market to earn revenue but you need to sort the quality and choice.

I don't know how you can say that. The South stand sells pints of lager for £3.30, yet over in the North we are charged £3.30 for a small bottle of lager. Both items are bought in the same arena, but in the South you get more for your money. I haven't a clue what the price's on the kop are, but in my view, people in the North are being ripped off in comparison to supporters in the South.

I spent between £20-30 at every home game before this season, now I only buy lager in the ground when our stand is closed. I calculate that I have saved myself somewhere in the region of £250 already this season, which will go towards paying for next years season ticket for me and my son.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Was at Valley Parade at the weekend and at half time i thought i was back at Hillsborough.

The queues moved slowly, there were no pies left, and food and drink was very over priced (but there were no calculators in sight)

It goes to show its not just Wednesday who cant get it right in the refreshments department.

Guest cypress hill

how often when you go anywhere other than a f'ball match do you think after an hour,i could do with an over priced pie. match day,food,ale,match,ale,food.easy

Compare it to when you go to a concert at Sheffield Arena - I think it's pretty fair pricing..

Today I bought an Oasis and Double Decker

Mmmmm

So you paid 3.20 for the same thing i paid 1.60 for.

That other 1.60 got me a sausage and chips from chippy on way home.

Oh and it was a king sized double decker too :st2:

Regardless of the comments on here and the Wednesdayite survey results. T he catering company 'stats' show people are still buying the products with no drop in sales from previous years. They appear to have used these 'stats' to show most fans are happy with the pricing, quality and service.

Comparing prices with other events or even other football clubs is just missing the message..........the fans are not happy! Maybe they have missed the point that the fans, once inside the ground do not any other choice if they want a drink and a snack......unless of course they go hungry or thirsty for the best part of 2 to 3 hours! Maybe that is why their 'stats' are the way they are?

Until the figures in their 'stats' show them the fans are not buying their products they will continute to operate as they are.....why would they not?

Some odd stats.

what do they mean by increase in sales ? Per unit sold or total income from the ground.

5 Bovrils at £2 = £10

6 Bovrils @ 1.50 = £9

so if the prices were reduced by 25%, and the club increased their sales by 25% they still wouldn't be bringing in as much income.

So weirdly, if your target is to maximise income, not volume, the way to do that is to increase prices,.

Thus a 50p price increase and a drop in sales of one unit, brings much more benefit.

Guest Bedders

It's £4.80 for a pint at Wembley. It makes our £3.30 seem like a bargain.

Think you are missing the point here!!!!! Most are complaining on here, the price in relationship to the quality, is poor value!

As a moot point would you be watching 3rd tier league football at Wembley? Would you be going to Wembley every other weekend? Not really a fair comparison is it......bit like saying a Wednesday ticket is cheaper than an England ticket!

Edited by Bedders