Catering prices - are they REALLY that bad ?

Sorry but whenever I go these days I get the food outside (usually a Beres Sarnie or Fish & Chips) and maybe take a Mars Bar or Twix in with me.

It's expensive enough for me to get to any games without being fleeced for grub! :rolleyes:

Guest PointlessOwl

Three lads in front off me in the que today. Looked about 15/16 ish were complaining about the lack of pies and the prices of éclairs and hot chocolate. Cost them 4 pounds something for a pack of chocolate éclairs and a hot chocolate. After looking at the menu. It seems pretty high priced, but its not as much as the sheffield arena or the motorpoint.

I waited twenty five minutes today at half time and ended up giving up - it probably did me a favour given the stupid prices. All I wanted was a cup of tea

Water; Tea; Coffee; Chocolate; Bovril

What can I say about these products, they are all insipid (excepting the water) and they are all £2. Today in response to the complaint of service from 15 year olds who could n't count I was served by a lady bless her who was at least 75 yrs of age and just could not keep up with a very small queue in the North.

Flask in future for me.

I waited twenty five minutes today at half time and ended up giving up - it probably did me a favour given the stupid prices. All I wanted was a cup of tea

flipping appauling.

We need to sort the catering service out, at least for next year.

Slow, expensive and poor value. I never bother buying anything anymore yet I would always before.

I bought a chip butty on the grandstand last week. The breadcake was dry, and the ketchup was basically red vinegar. The quality is offensive.

Exactly my experience today! I am happy to pay the prices on offer, but the price has gone up and the quality has gone way downhill. French fries in a dry burger bun with anaemic vinegary tomato sauce is not and never will be an acceptable chip butty experience dammit :st2:

My argument is the price of lager in the North, £3.30 for a small bottle is robbery and I refuse to pay it. In comparison, I had 4 pints of lager in the South at a more reasonable price of £3.30 a pint.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

With the buying power of lindleys id guess that they could half the prices and still make a huge profit. I haven't bought anything inside the ground since the first match of the season, not just because of the price though. Quality of the produce seems poor and the service was absmal. Basic manners cost nothing and simple mathematics are taught to 5 year olds in school.

Edited by mike84

Guest JonTheOwl66

What can I say about these products, they are all insipid (excepting the water) and they are all £2. Today in response to the complaint of service from 15 year olds who could n't count I was served by a lady bless her who was at least 75 yrs of age and just could not keep up with a very small queue in the North.

Flask in future for me.

Aye, I was on north and that old lady really was taking the Michael. Had to order food that wasn't too high so she could reach.

lol

Flask in future for me.

can you take a flask in nowadays without a fire certificate .

can you take a flask in nowadays without a fire certificate .

Your flag fire safety certificate and visa also covers you for flasks and packets of crisps.

Note that balloons are still considered highly dangerous and not covered.

Edited by Mr Farrell

If we are going to mention things other than price then I have a couple of other things to mention:

I drink bitter (I don't like lager) and like to drink one or two before the match. I get charged £3.10 for 440ml (about 4/5 of a pint - that is scandalous. The head on each bitter varies between 1" and 4" - the barmaid (oh sweet irony..) would get lynched if that happened in a pub.

Against Orient, I saw my mate pointing at other people's food when buying chips. When I asked him why he was pointing at other people's food, he told me that the lady that served him was lacking in basic English. Now I understand that as part of the EU companies can employ migrant EU workers and have benefitted by doing so but I would argue that people serving food to a customer base that is quite possibly 100% English speaking should be able to speak that language.

I did the same at half time last week - from the grandstand. Pretty much thought the same as you. That ketchup is rank as well.

do they still have a bottle of hendersons on the counter in the north .......long time since i been in there