Catering prices - are they REALLY that bad ?

My main problem is when they run out of pies they don't put a sign up or even shout occasionally to just say so instead you stand queuing for most of halftime then upon reaching the front you get told oh we ran out then walk away cursing

A lot of criticism this season about the catering prices but take a look at this - are the prices REALLY that bad ?

post-4683-0-77028900-1322947361_thumb.jp

The thing with these prices are, if i'm hungry i'll buy - if i'm not completely fussed then i'll leave it now.

Previous seasons it was almost habitual. Programme, go through turnstyles, food then beer.

Mostly I leave it not but I won't go out of my way to complain, its just evolution of the matchday routine.

A lot of criticism this season about the catering prices but take a look at this - are the prices REALLY that bad ?

post-4683-0-77028900-1322947361_thumb.jp

They are absolutely dreadful!

£1 for crisps

£2 for 500ml fizzy pop

£1.20 for a chocolate bar

Look at those prices and ask yourself that question again?

Compare it to when you go to a concert at Sheffield Arena - I think it's pretty fair pricing..

Today I bought an Oasis and Double Decker

Mmmmm

I don't think the Arena, and Hillsborough are comparable, to be honest.

If it's a one off, you might splash out on overpriced food.

But when it's a regular event, it's different. How many people go to 20+ concerts a year at the Sheffield Arena? Or eat airport food 20 times a year?

Football fans shouldn't get shafted, just because they turn up at the same place every other Saturday for 9 months of the year.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Compare it to when you go to a concert at Sheffield Arena - I think it's pretty fair pricing..

Today I bought an Oasis and Double Decker

Mmmmm

I think going to a concert is not the same thing. Concert crowds tend to be one off customers who go now and again.

The majority of our fans go to virtually every home game, even people like me go several times a year. We are therefore regular clients and s6 should compete with the local competition and treat us as regular customers with competitive pricing ,service and quality levels.