Player ratings

Guest Sheff Owl

Don't think any of Bennett, Sedgwick or Palmer did themselves any favours today.

Reda defo first choice LB.

Marshall back for Sedgwick.

Other wing position up for grabs IMO, Palmer, Watt, JJ, Coke, Prutton, JOC (if fit) all could do a job there.

Have to agree. Palmer has plenty of ability but if that's his attempt at forcing his way into the starting 11 then he needs to buck his ideas up. No fight, passion, aggression! And in my opion he bottled that header just before he came off.

Palmer is vastly over-rated at present. He's got decent technical ability but none of the pace, drive and determination to really be a first team regular .I hope I'm proven wrong long term but i can see in a 2-3 years he'll have 30 starts under his belt and be on his way to a lesser club.

Prove me wrong Liam!!

Guest PointlessOwl

ROD - 7 (Awfull kicking but all around pretty solid)

Tavernier - 7 (Sweet attacker and defending but cant cross)

Jones - 8 (Solid and won everything in the air)

Reda - 8 (Solid and won everything in the air)

Bennet - 6 (Hardly went forwards, seemed to turn back whenever he had the ball)

Palmer - 5 (Useless, horrible positioning and was to weak.)

Semodo - 7 (Usual self. Solid and held the midfield)

Lines - 8 (Thought he was pretty solid. Used the ball positively and kept possession wisely)

Sedgewick - 5 (Honestly hardly even noticed him on the pitch. Buck your ideas up son)

Lowe - 7 (With a big of speed training i think he could be a really good league one forward. )

COG - 7 (Was also good and created a few opportunities)

Think the referee ruined the game!!.

ROD - 7 (Awfull kicking but all around pretty solid)

Tavernier - 7 (Sweet attacker and defending but cant cross)

Jones - 8 (Solid and won everything in the air)

Reda - 8 (Solid and won everything in the air)

Bennet - 6 (Hardly went forwards, seemed to turn back whenever he had the ball)

Palmer - 5 (Useless, horrible positioning and was to weak.)

Semodo - 7 (Usual self. Solid and held the midfield)

Lines - 8 (Thought he was pretty solid. Used the ball positively and kept possession wisely)

Sedgewick - 5 (Honestly hardly even noticed him on the pitch. Buck your ideas up son)

Lowe - 7 (With a big of speed training i think he could be a really good league one forward. )

COG - 7 (Was also good and created a few opportunities)

Think the referee ruined the game!!.

Probably mirrored my thoughts

Plus Reda Jones Semedo and Lines are as solid as flip .

Liam just did not look interested today .

Guest PointlessOwl

Probably mirrored my thoughts

Plus Reda Jones Semedo and Lines are as solid as flip .

Liam just did not look interested today .

His positioning was wack. He didnt seem to want the ball and when he did he just got pushed of it.

RO'D 7

Tavernier 7 shows what pace on the players favoured flank can do to get crosses in and stretch teams

Reda 8 improving all the time

R Jones 7

Bennett 6

Sedgwick 4 shows how lack of pace in wide areas can easily waste a shirt

Semedo 8 best 'anchor' in league

Lines 6

Palmer 6 out of position, should have been on the right for more than 15min at end to do what tavvy did higher up the pitch. will come good on right or central if needed

O'Grady 7 can create odd own chance, but any striker will need better service

Lowe 6 1 good finish but missed a sitter, wont create many of own chances.

strikers did ok with poor service from unbalanced flanks and a quiet lines, maybe we'd be better with

some real pace up there tho to play alongside madine or cog. we struggled to create many good chances

against lower opposition and rely on marshall too much. we can't always rely on set pieces and marshall

so need threats from other areas imo. onwards and upwards, we're not finished article yet.

Edited by Ash77

ROD- 6

Tav- 6 (4 for defending)

Reda- 7.5

Jones- 7.5

Bennett- 5

Palmer- 7 (Good technically and can pick out a great pass)

Semedo- 7

Lines- 7

Sedg- 5.5

O'Grady- 8

Lowe- 7

It was an O.K performance, the players obviously weren't giving 100%, and who could blame them.

Can't believe people are giving Tav a high rating and Palmer a low rating. Tav is awful defensively but just about makes up for it with his attacking play. Palmer was one of our best players yesterday and one of the few in our team that can ping a crossfield ball.

ROD - 6 - Didn't have a great deal to do. His kicking was awful in the first half however.

Tavernier - 7 - Huge improvement from the Orient game. Has really potential going forward, but his first touch seem abysmal for a professional footballer!

Jones - 7 - Fairly routine day at centre half really.

R. Johnson - 8 - MOTM for me. Looked strong, composed and assured back at centre half. Is fast becoming a real key figure for us.

Bennett - 5 - Seems to be struggling. Constantly slows play down when on the ball, and seems to be the accident waiting to happen, Reda Johnson once was, defensively.

Semedo - 7 - Did his job as always. Strong, never stopped running.L

Lines - 7 - Better performance than the Orient game, but wasn't a game where he was able to get on the ball and dictate the play.

Palmer - 6 - Didn't see enough of the ball, and the game bypassed him for long periods. Glimpses of the ability he has though.

Sedgewick - 6 - Likewise to Palmer, but just doesn't have the legs to pose any significant threat.

Lowe - 7 - Took his goal well, should have scored another.

COG - 7 - Lead the line well again, unlucky not to score in the 2nd half.

Overall - 6 - Poor, dire game but more than deserved the victory. First time I didn't enjoy the game at Hillsborough this season.

P.S. I've been a massive critic of J. Johnson, and although my opinion hasn't changed on, I thought he looked a far bigger threat yesterday for the 10 minutes he was on, than he has all this season. Wasn't busting a gut to get forward, but picked the ball up much deeper, which suits him. Still can't shoot, but it was a more encouraging performance than any of the drivel he's served up this season thus far. Might have got himself a place on the bench at Oldham after that cameo.