Player ratings

Tavernier along with Jones were the best two players on the field if you ask me.

Very impressed with Tavernier. His defending needs a little work, but he's got great pace, looks comfortable on the ball, and is capable of going past a player or two.

Final ball wasn't always too good, but he got forward that much that he still put in two or three good balls that we could easily have got something from. I think he'll only get better.

Very impressed with Tavernier. His defending needs a little work, but he's got great pace, looks comfortable on the ball, and is capable of going past a player or two.

Final ball wasn't always too good, but he got forward that much that he still put in two or three good balls that we could easily have got something from. I think he'll only get better.

Tavernier has the worst first touch I've seen! Shocker!

ROD - 6

Tavernier - 6

Reda - 8

Jones - 8

Bennett - 6

Sedgwick - 5

Semedo - 7

Lines - 6

Palmer - 5

Lowe - 7

COG - 6

Contrasting opinions on Tav lol. I like the look of him but would like to see him stick in some proper crosses in the air, seemed to wanna put it in low everytime.

ROD - 7

Tavernier - 7

Reda - 7

Jones - 7

Bennett - 5

Sedgwick - 4

Semedo - 7

Lines - 7.5

Palmer - 6

Lowe - 7

COG - 7

The positives are that, Tavernier had a very good second half, our main attacking outlet. Jones & Reda also had good games.

Forward pairing did well on the little service or support they had.

We never really looked like conceding i thought.

However it was like playing with ten men at times. Sedgwick is beyond bad. Megson can be a stubborn s0d at times, our position in the league allows him this luxury, but firsly o connor and now this waste of space on the wing is getting on my wick.

What has Coke done? I'm not saying he's the answer but for gods sake give him a go. He is streets ahead of those 2.

JJ is also a must in the squad and i agree with Crosby, Bennett is not up to it.

O'Donnell (6), Bennett (6), Jones (7), Johnson,R (7), Tavernier (8), Palmer (5), Semedo (7), Lines (7), Sedgwick (5), O'Grady (6), Lowe (6)

Morrison (6), Johnson,J (7), Prutton (6).

Tavernier has the worst first touch I've seen! Shocker!

ROD - 6

Tavernier - 6

Reda - 8

Jones - 8

Bennett - 6

Sedgwick - 5

Semedo - 7

Lines - 6

Palmer - 5

Lowe - 7

COG - 6

Wow really?

I thought COG did his job to a tee today. His ball control and hold-up play was outstanding.

O'Donnell 7- Kicking wasn't great, but made a good save at the end to keep it at 1-0.

Tavernier 7- Looked good, looked solid in the first half, but became more adventurous in the 2nd half and he's bloody quick!

Jones 7- Solid as ever, won everything in the air and put in some very good tackles.

Reda 7- Same as Jones, looked confident and strong in everything he did.

Bennett 7- Looked shaky to start with, but in the second half came into it and looked decent.

Sedgwick 5- Offers nothing going forward and looks poor defensively, he's the slowest football I've ever seen

Semedo 7- Usual consistent performance from Jose, was everywhere and used the ball well when he had it.

Lines 7- Came into the game well after about 30 minutes and looked as composed as ever, him and Semedo continue to flourish.

Palmer 6- Good touch, but wasn't all there for large periods of the game today but did make some lovely cross field balls.

O'Grady 8- My man of the match today, help it well and desperately unlucky not to score. VERY STRONG.

Lowe 7- Well taken goal and his movement is very impressive, if he had a bit more pace he'd be lethal.

Morrison 6- Caused them problems when he came on, a good fourth choice striker to have around.

Prutton 6- Stayed solid for the few minutes he had on the pitch and did a good job.

Johnson 7- Looked up to impress today, god knows how he didn't score though.

Wow really?

I thought COG did his job to a tee today. His ball control and hold-up play was outstanding.

Thought it was one of his worst games for us; he held the ball well but didn't have enough support from wide to get us into threatening positions. Today just felt like a pre season game from first to last

O'Donnell - 5.5 kicking was abysmal today, absolutely terrible.

Tavernier - 8 Seen somthing in the lad today what excites me. He reminds me of Marshall. Bags of confidence, not afraid to run at 'em and has some good pace. One or two dodgy ball's but on the whole and excellent Megson signing.

Jones - 8 Another very good performance. Won everything in the air and took no prisoners.

Reda - 8 See above ^^

Bennett - 6 One or two decent runs, amounted to not very much, looks shaky sometimes and i'm never overly confident when he's one on one. Made some crunching tackles though.

Palmer - 6 Thought he was decent in the first half but drifted out of the game in the second. Got beat to a lot of balls and needs to get in the mixer more. I remember a couple of times we were breaking and he was never in space to receive the ball.

Semedo - 7 Seen him play better but still was bossing the midfield. A couple of passes went astray.

Lines - 6 Again, seen him have better games. A few wasted corners that went straight out of play.

Sedgwick - NO COMMENT

O'Grady - 7 Did his bit today imo. Strong in the air and played some good balls through for Lowe.

Lowe - 7.5 Made some good runs on to flick on's from O'Grady. Missed an absolute sitter to put the game to bed though.

All in all we looked pretty average today. It was the story of the season so far for me, where we could easily have been 3 or 4 up by full time but didn't take out chances. We looked pretty solid defensively and never really looked like conceding tbh. But the bottom line is, we scored more than the opposition.

In what ways was Palmer any better than Sedgwick? Many of you are just playing favourites.

Palmer wasn't brilliant by any means, but at times his technical ability shone through, spraying 2 or 3 good crossfield balls, and always looking to play.

I can see nothing positive that Sedgeick brings to the team. A joke of a selection by Megson. If this is him proving a point to a few others in the squad he needs to get over himself.

In what ways was Palmer any better than Sedgwick? Many of you are just playing favourites.

Standout players today were Jones, R.Johnson and O'Grady IMO. Tavernier is clearly a threat going forward.

On the money.

Palmer wasn't brilliant by any means, but at times his technical ability shone through, spraying 2 or 3 good crossfield balls, and always looking to play.

I can see nothing positive that Sedgeick brings to the team. A joke of a selection by Megson. If this is him proving a point to a few others in the squad he needs to get over himself.

Though I agree he didn't play well; he adds shape and experience and judging from how he's still given the odd chance I'm guessing his attitude is fantastic. If Megson trusts him to do a job then I trust him to do that job. Megson knows what's going on and for the wages he's on he provides good cover and is useful to have in the changing room I'd guess

Standout players today were Jones, R.Johnson and O'Grady IMO. Tavernier is clearly a threat going forward.

Have to agree. Palmer has plenty of ability but if that's his attempt at forcing his way into the starting 11 then he needs to buck his ideas up. No fight, passion, aggression! And in my opion he bottled that header just before he came off.