Bournemouth - Simod Cup - November 1987

Were there Leeds fans at this game? I'm sure I can hear chants of 'Marching on Together' at about 2:20?

I thought to myself 'what is this guy on?' but you still had me curious enough to check.

Indeed you are correct although there is only a couple of pissheads lol

It's probably 2 Barnsley fans trying to be funny?

I am one of the worlds top Wednesday fans and never miss on sufference of drastic Illness, but on the night in question I had to wash my hair lol I was n't bald then.

Actually, I think I did attend a couple of these while they were on the go, Portsmouth and the Blades.......They were poor in general though the Derby was quite good.

I was there, with my brother and one of our school friends. Any other Owlstalkers attend?

Can't even remember the result, but the crowd was something like 3,500.

Can somebody please confirm the attendance and whether it was the lowest ever 1st team crowd at Hillsborough?

That competition made the JPT look like the World Cup. :st2:

UTO :biggrin:

This game will always be remembered by myself . For some strange reason. During the 1st half I just stared at an advertising board from the kop to halfway up leppings lane end and said o myself , I will never forget this moment !!!

I was 9 years old and have no idea why I would think that.

Also remember the game for a rare Tony Galvin goal.

I was there, with my brother and one of our school friends. Any other Owlstalkers attend?

Can't even remember the result, but the crowd was something like 3,500.

Can somebody please confirm the attendance and whether it was the lowest ever 1st team crowd at Hillsborough?

That competition made the JPT look like the World Cup. :st2:

18-10-41 ... football league (north) ......sheff wed 5 -2 doncaster ....att 940 .....

18-10-41 ... football league (north) ......sheff wed 5 -2 doncaster ....att 940 .....

Did the war years count as competitive football?

There must have been a brisket delivery to the local butchers or everyone was at a Harvest Festival!

I preferred it when the clubs took all competitions seriously and every game was there to be won Sadly all the domestic competitions have been devalued, and we are guilty of that, which will eventually result in the loss of sponsorship and perhaps more importantly, TV money

Guest Bournemouth Owl

It finished 3-3 and The Dingles won on penalties. As you say, Hirst scored all our goals. Here's a random five minute clip from YouTube...

The Barnsley game was a travesty of a result, we really stuffed them, Pressman was in goal and i said to my brother at the time when it came to Penalty's, Pressman wont only not save one, but he will go the wrong way every time, i think it turned out that way as well.

On 22/11/2011 at 22:29, Guest SpiderBoy said:

Remember going to watch us against QPR in the SIMOD cup. We lost 1 nil i think but do remember it was the coldest i have been at a football match

I was at this game. I think we lost 1-0 and from memory it is the worst game of football ( in England) I have ever seen. I think the crowd was around 3,000 for that one. I was on the kop

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

I was at this game. I think we lost 1-0 and from memory it is the worst game of football ( in England) I have ever seen. I think the crowd was around 3,000 for that one. I was on the kop

Just out of interest what is the worst game of football you have ever seen anywhere?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, sexpistol said:

What on earth made you drag this thread up from 10 years ago? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

What on earth made you drag this thread up from 10 years ago? 😆

Jesus, just read the whole thread and didn't realise it was 10 year old till I read your post

A momentous game. Managerial legend Tony Pulis's only appearance against Wednesday. He lost this one 'en all.

Wednesday 2 v Bournemouth 0

Galvin (63), West (89)

Wednesday: Hodge, Fee, Jacobs, Pearson, Madden, Proctor, Chamberlain (Hazel), Megson, Bradshaw (Chapman), West, Galvin

Bournemouth: Peyton, Coleman, Morrell, Pulis, Williams, Whitlock (Randall), O'Driscoll, Puckett, Goulet, Howlett, Cooke (Aylott)

8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

A momentous game. Managerial legend Tony Pulis's only appearance against Wednesday. He lost this one 'en all.

Wednesday 2 v Bournemouth 0

Galvin (63), West (89)

Wednesday: Hodge, Fee, Jacobs, Pearson, Madden, Proctor, Chamberlain (Hazel), Megson, Bradshaw (Chapman), West, Galvin

Bournemouth: Peyton, Coleman, Morrell, Pulis, Williams, Whitlock (Randall), O'Driscoll, Puckett, Goulet, Howlett, Cooke (Aylott)

That puts West’s goal tally for the 87/88 season to 13 now 😂