James Tavernier and Miguel Llera OFFICIALLY SIGN

Neither of the names leap out as 'big name' signings, but Megson's 'hit and miss' record with the players he has brought in so far is fantastic so i'm perfectly willing to trust him with these two as well.

I'm not overly worried about the loanee situation either- Batth and Marshall's are crucial to us, but Bywater, Llera and Tavernier are more stop-gaps to cover players (Weaver, Rob Jones, Buxton, Otsemobor) that are already at the club on permanent deals.

More Yayra. Without putting too much emphasis on the second 'Y'. We have a lovely solid Portugese spine to our team. Now for a Cristiano Ronaldo figure on the left. lol

We have one but he isn't Spanish speaking and is in a dark place at the moment I believe.

Probably Reda's cellar.

I am certain Megson isn't going to sign a player on the evidence of just one match.

Didn't Chris Evans say when he joined the club that he has an extensive dossier of players and they will have been watched many times in order to compile said dossier.?

Charlton fan in peace here, Llera's an interesting one. I think most people at the club wouldn't have minded keeping him as back up before the season began. Now we have Morrison and Taylor who are, not being bitter, definately better for us, so people arnt too bothered about him any more. Our defensive record surely shows this! However on his day Llera can be a very solid centre back, and is huge as well, so naturally pretty good in the air. He also has pretty good ability on the ball, and has the abilty to ping some delightful passes! However his huge weakness is his concentration. He has the abilty to be playing very well, but then make an absolute howler and gift the opposition a goal. He's not a bad back up player, but if he was starting regularly for you I would be personally be delighted, and you probably shouldnt be too happy!!

Tavernia I have no idea about, only time ive seen him is when BWP and Wiggins tore him to shreds when we beat them 4-0 :tongue:

Well I remember you coming to Hillsborough with a man voted worlds best, you led 3-1at Half time I think and worlds best in your side or not we came back to win 5-4.

The game is not about individuals Llera is a very small player here at Hillsborough, he's only 6' 4" . Conversley Semedo is massive and he's only 6' 1".

In all honesty we came under pressure last year and though Morrison did reasonably well he had more than the odd mistake in him, perhaaps your back 4 have n't been over exposed as yet.

Well I remember you coming to Hillsborough with a man voted worlds best, you led 3-1at Half time I think and worlds best in your side or not we came back to win 5-4.

The game is not about individuals Llera is a very small player here at Hillsborough, he's only 6' 4" . Conversley Semedo is massive and he's only 6' 1".

In all honesty we came under pressure last year and though Morrison did reasonably well he had more than the odd mistake in him, perhaaps your back 4 have n't been over exposed as yet.

He was horrendous! But saying that, he was part of a defence that was leaking goals all over the shop, and at times was played out of position.

Do you know what, I think we are really thin in midfield though.

Really?

JOC, Prutton, Coke, Palmer, Semedo, JJ, Sedgewick, Marshall.

That is 2 unique line ups right there. Our first choice 4 won't all be out at the same time for a start.

Then at a push even COG can play on the wing.

Charlton fan in peace here, Llera's an interesting one. I think most people at the club wouldn't have minded keeping him as back up before the season began. Now we have Morrison and Taylor who are, not being bitter, definately better for us, so people arnt too bothered about him any more. Our defensive record surely shows this! However on his day Llera can be a very solid centre back, and is huge as well, so naturally pretty good in the air. He also has pretty good ability on the ball, and has the abilty to ping some delightful passes! However his huge weakness is his concentration. He has the abilty to be playing very well, but then make an absolute howler and gift the opposition a goal. He's not a bad back up player, but if he was starting regularly for you I would be personally be delighted, and you probably shouldnt be too happy!!

Horses for courses really fella.

Michael Morrison was absolutely utter dog turd for Wednesday and you guys like him. You weren't overly fussed at losing your POTS in Semedo in the summer, yet he's the best central midfielder in the division for us.

I am happy as Megson doesn't seem to make many bad signings, which gives confidence when we do sign a player.

Also, let us not forget that Llera is likely to be just what you said he is perfect for - back up. By the sounds of it, and his performance at Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago, he's been the rock at the heart of Brentford's defence. Yet we've picked him up to play second fiddle to Jones and Batth. I'll take that every day!

And whilst we are laughing at players ripping someone a new hole, I remember Clinton Morrison's second half showing at The Valley, lol!!

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Really?

JOC, Prutton, Coke, Palmer, Semedo, JJ, Sedgewick, Marshall.

That is 2 unique line ups right there. Our first choice 4 won't all be out at the same time for a start.

Then at a push even COG can play on the wing.

I didnt mean we didnt have enough players i meant we dont have enough quality Midfield.

Palmer is finding his feet still , JOCs legs have gone, though i admit he seems just about about ok right now, JJ has delusions of adequacy, Sedgewick has been disappointing, i think a few will back me there, Coke, i just have doubts, i dont want sound negative but if we go up we need very much better, i know its all an opinion, but while we was on about signings i just added my 2 pence worth.

Add Lines to your list of midfielders. Danny Jones, and Nyoni are also possible options. In midfield were overloaded with options, maybe a winger if JJ doesnt find form between now/then.

But Marshall, JJ, Sedgwick, JOC, Coke, Prutton, Palmer can all play out wide for now. But a winger on a permanent deal wouldnt go a miss.