FA Cup 1st round televised games

These should be announced soon, today hopefully, can anyone see ours not being shown live?

The three standout ties for me are us, Halifax v Charlton and Swindon v Huddersfield (the Di Canio factor) so I'd expect those to be on, although the media do have a bit of a hard-on for AFC Wimbledon so they have a chance as well.

Last year they showed 3 live games, on the Friday night and Saturday lunchtime on ESPN and Sunday lunchtime on ITV. I expect Halifax v Charlton to be ITV's pick for the Sunday, so there's every chance of a potentially tricky Friday night game - hopefully if they do show us it'll be on the Saturday. I'll hopefully be at Morecambe whichever day, but I'd really rather avoid the Friday night dash from work.

I think Swindon v Huddersfield will be nailed on to be shown live.

They will want one live game featuring a non-league team.

I don't think our game will be shown live.

FC Halifax v Charlton - I think that one's nailed on to be on ITV on the Sunday (assuming they're having the same days as last year)

In the prem more recently than us, possibly seen as a bigger team by the media? Dunno really, just got a feeling theyll get chosen. We have a league 1 v league 2 encounter so if they're not on cos of that, we won't be either. Are the pigs at home?

If United had been away against an Oxford United of this world, they'd have been a banker for the TV. Not so sure with them being at home.

Guest TonyOwl88

I don't know if I'm even going to bother with the cup... I'm sure Megson won't, and I don't think we have the best youth squad around.

Guest thekelch

If United had been away against an Oxford United of this world, they'd have been a banker for the TV. Not so sure with them being at home.

Agreed, they like a big name (and there is no more MASSIVE name in the 1st round than us) away at a none-league club with a bit of history. They can do lots of nice TV shots of the statue of Eric Morcambe near the ground etc so I think we've got a good chance.

Having said that Halifax v Charlton matches the same criteria and there is the London bias of the media to remember.

However, I think it will all come down to the viewing figures from our game v Southport at the same stage last season. If that was a ratings success (and I've no idea if it was, but I'm sure they study these things really closely) then we're a shoe-in.

These should be announced soon, today hopefully, can anyone see ours not being shown live?

The three standout ties for me are us, Halifax v Charlton and Swindon v Huddersfield (the Di Canio factor) so I'd expect those to be on, although the media do have a bit of a hard-on for AFC Wimbledon so they have a chance as well.

Last year they showed 3 live games, on the Friday night and Saturday lunchtime on ESPN and Sunday lunchtime on ITV. I expect Halifax v Charlton to be ITV's pick for the Sunday, so there's every chance of a potentially tricky Friday night game - hopefully if they do show us it'll be on the Saturday. I'll hopefully be at Morecambe whichever day, but I'd really rather avoid the Friday night dash from work.

No friday night game this year.

http://tv.espn.co.uk/oo/espl/live-fixtures-on-espn/

Assuming we are going to be televised then the Saturday afternoon fixture has to be the best option.

Agreed, they like a big name (and there is no more MASSIVE name in the 1st round than us) away at a none-league club with a bit of history. They can do lots of nice TV shots of the statue of Eric Morcambe near the ground etc so I think we've got a good chance.

Having said that Halifax v Charlton matches the same criteria and there is the London bias of the media to remember.

However, I think it will all come down to the viewing figures from our game v Southport at the same stage last season. If that was a ratings success (and I've no idea if it was, but I'm sure they study these things really closely) then we're a shoe-in.

Morcambe are League 2 and doing quite well (3rd I think). They'll want to test themselves against us and be well up for it!

i don't think we should really be all that bothered about the cup this season when the priority has to be promotion.

I don't think it'll hurt for us to get through to round 4 or 5 though.

The earlier cup rounds are played on what would otherwise be a free Saturday anyway, so there's not such a huge risk of burn-out I would think.

i don't think we should really be all that bothered about the cup this season when the priority has to be promotion.

Unlike the JPT and the League Cup, the FA Cup has proper scheduling and will be on a Saturday when we would have no other fixture should we be out of the competition. If the FA Cup was bunched in mid-week like the other two cups, I'd want out ASAP too.