Stewarding yesterday, best I have seen

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

From parking up to eventually getting away from the ground the standards of the stewarding and the Staff of WWFC never ever dipped from being polite and helpful, and they genuinely did seem to want to let you just get on with enjoying the day.

As one of the biggest critics of stewarding at sporting events in this country, and their general OTT approach to supporters in the name of health & safety, it really was a refreshing change to be treated as humans, by Humans, Take note Mr Rutherford, it can be done, well done Wycombe.

I will back this up. The Steward who was at the front gates was up for the banter. I walked it and he said phones had to be switched off. Didnt fall for that! He said he enjoyed working as a steward and how he worked for a family friendly club. He just wanted to make the day enjoyable for us all but if we wanted to make trouble then they will sort you out. Fair enough. Its the other way round at other grounds

All stewards are from the spawn of Satan and should not be engaged in conversation or you will be in their evil clutches and start putting positive threads on about them on football forums. if you run you should just get to church, ask the vicar to drive out the evil demons you have been possessed with.

May the good lord be with you.

Guest tazz070299

I have to agree with the positive comments about the stewards. I thought there might be problem when halfway through the first half they started walking up to the back of the stand. But whilst they asked fans politely to move off the steps they seemed quite happy to allow standing to continue. What a refreshing change and I know some of it might be because standing is still allowed at the other end of the ground.

All stewards are from the spawn of Satan and should not be engaged in conversation or you will be in their evil clutches and start putting positive threads on about them on football forums. if you run you should just get to church, ask the vicar to drive out the evil demons you have been possessed with.

May the good lord be with you.

Which 3 spoons with sense of humour by-passes negged Holmes' post.

Good grief!

Don't they ground share with Rugby? I think the London Wasps play there too on alternate weeks.

Maybe the stewards have learnt that being decent works via that experience.

In this case not so - Wasps use Wycombe's stewards and methods (as well as the rest of Wycombe's infrastructure)

I've only been there once-about 5 years back. Wycombe v Bris Rov. Holiday catch-a-match.

About 45 mins before game, I was stood in big stand concourse with a pint of overpriced beer. Probably about 30 other people in entire stand- which is a two tier affair. Inadvertently stood on a yellow-hatched piece of concrete. Up comes a burly steward and forcibly moves me ten inches to the right... telling me I am stood on a fire exit. No-one else within 15 feet of me.

So I don't rate WW stewards. Maybe they are affeared of the Northern hordes. :excl:

I've only been there once-about 5 years back. Wycombe v Bris Rov. Holiday catch-a-match.

About 45 mins before game, I was stood in big stand concourse with a pint of overpriced beer. Probably about 30 other people in entire stand- which is a two tier affair. Inadvertently stood on a yellow-hatched piece of concrete. Up comes a burly steward and forcibly moves me ten inches to the right... telling me I am stood on a fire exit. No-one else within 15 feet of me.

So I don't rate WW stewards. Maybe they are affeared of the Northern hordes. :excl:

Bloody trouble maker :biggrin:

From parking up to eventually getting away from the ground the standards of the stewarding and the Staff of WWFC never ever dipped from being polite and helpful, and they genuinely did seem to want to let you just get on with enjoying the day.

As one of the biggest critics of stewarding at sporting events in this country, and their general OTT approach to supporters in the name of health & safety, it really was a refreshing change to be treated as humans, by Humans, Take note Mr Rutherford, it can be done, well done Wycombe.

i'll agree on that especially as i had turned up outside the ground totally pi55ed and they turned a blind eye to my prediciment.