Would the Football League just explain why

Why some referees seem to want to let the game flow, which is great for spectators and others want to dish out cards like confetti.

Don't the powers that be owe it to us fans to let us know as we are totally confused by the inconsistency of referees.

Players and managers do not know where they stand ,fans are often bewildered.

Is there any wonder you get overreaction from us all.

They need to get it sorted.

Why some referees seem to want to let the game flow, which is great for spectators and others want to dish out cards like confetti.

Don't the powers that be owe it to us fans to let us know as we are totally confused by the inconsistency of referees.

Players and managers do not know where they stand ,fans are often bewildered.

Is there any wonder you get overreaction from us all.

They need to get it sorted.

I don't think they should have to.

People are different. People have different styles. Some people use common sense over what is wrote in the rule book and others play exactly how the book is written.

Also people's perception on things differ. Piggies think they dominated the derby, I think we dominated them. What might look like a no brainer to one person might be the complete opposite to what someone else saw.

Referees only get one look at what's gone on and in my view have the toughest and most unenviable job on the pitch. Everywhere they go and whatever decision they make they are hated by someone and that someone is always looking for some kind of answer.

I agree the standard of refereeing isn't great, but what can you do? Sack the refs?!

Edited by pompeyowl

Ref these days want to be part of the drama.

Also many of them look like they've been bullied all their lives and now see their position of power as an excuse to give some payback.

One things for sure they seem to be getting even worse year on year.

The Ref at Carlisle was appalling.

Not necessarily in getting the football decisions wrong i.e. who's possession etc... but the number of bookings in what was not a dirty game in any way was totally ridiculous.

Guest intercity0wl

I don't think they should have to.

People are different. People have different styles. Some people use common sense over what is wrote in the rule book and others play exactly how the book is written.

Also people's perception on things differ. Piggies think they dominated the derby, I think we dominated them. What might look like a no brainer to one person might be the complete opposite to what someone else saw.

Referees only get one look at what's gone on and in my view have the toughest and most unenviable job on the pitch. Everywhere they go and whatever decision they make they are hated by someone and that someone is always looking for some kind of answer.

I agree the standard of refereeing isn't great, but what can you do? Sack the refs?!

There are only 17 Laws to the game of Association Football, and every weekend up and down the land Referee's seem not to be able to agree on exactly how to apply these 17 rules consistently amongst themselves, so no wonder the Majority of us are confused from game to game, Have to agree the one on Tuesday night could not have been any worse, but there is still a good chance the one this Saturday will be exactly that.

The Ref at Carlisle was appalling.

Not necessarily in getting the football decisions wrong i.e. who's possession etc... but the number of bookings in what was not a dirty game in any way was totally ridiculous.

He should have booked the couple behind us for arguing. I think the boyfriend got arrested in the end.

If your an emotionally crippled person that was picked on at school and wants pay back on the bigger boys , your employment is restricted as most places don`t want someone that is spineless . So you have a choice of , Traffic Warden , Police Officer or Referee where you can be a complete joke of a person but hide behind your uniform .

Some right to$$ers behind us and they didn't even think JOC was doing a good job.

I had him MOM on the W'ite coach along with all the others who voted him second behind Marshall.

Some right to$$ers behind us and they didn't even think JOC was doing a good job.

I had him MOM on the W'ite coach along with all the others who voted him second behind Marshall.

Me and my son voted for JOC, we were being ironic.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.