Oh dear another one at it now.

Guest intercity0wl

Blades players unhappy with Lines following his tunnel vision at Lane

Published on Wednesday 19 October 2011 09:23

SHEFFIELD United captain Nick Montgomery has accused Sheffield Wednesday’s Chris Lines of ‘disrespecting’ the Blades after Sunday’s Steel City derby at Bramall Lane.

Lines was celebrating after the Owls grabbed a late draw courtesy of a controversial equaliser by striker Gary Madine.

Lines allegedly made comments in the tunnel afterwards which angered Montgomery and several other Blades players.

Montgomery hit back at the Owls midfielder saying he had not even been ‘involved’ in the game and was used to playing lower league football.

“There is a bitter taste over what happened,” said Montgomery. “The midfielder Lines was coming down the tunnel saying they should have won the game.

“I won’t use the words he used but I found it pretty poor coming from a player that was not really involved in the game.

“Maybe he’s never played above League One and it was a massive game for him. He’s probably never played in front of that many fans before but to come out with comments like that was a bit disrespectful.”

Lines, 25, spent seven years playing for home-town club Bristol Rovers before joining the Owls in a £50,000 deal in August.

The Blades have dropped to seventh after winning only one of their last six league games. Victory tonight, however, would enable them to leapfrog sixth-placed Preston.

Montgomery said: “We were bitterly disappointed to draw on Sunday after leading for so long but we can still take the point as a good point and hopefully move on to get a win at Preston.”

Or in other words....

2051416.jpg

Lack of respect lol

This from a player who flicked a v sign behind his back at Wednesday fans as he was leaving our penalty area . And the simpleton has the brass neck to claim that Lines was not involved when Semedo turned him into the invisible man. I hope Preston rumbleing paste them tonight.

Guest intercity0wl

Just had a read of an article online, part of which i have put below, which pretty much sums up the way me, and i would imagine most neutrals view the comments coming from the Stain at the moment.

Danny Wilson’s comments that Reda Johnson “wipes the keeper out” in the midst of Wednesday’s equaliser beggars belief. Really Danny? Really?

To imply that the game was too big for referee Michael Oliver due to his inexperience is harsh on an official who has overseen plenty of high profile top flight games. Oliver probably hasn’t witnessed an atmosphere as intense as the steel city derby but there has to be a first time for him to do so at some stage, why not now? It could be argued that the easy way out decision at that time would have been to blow for a foul in favour of the home side.

This reaction simply gives the impression that the former Wednesday midfielder should change his grocer as that bunch of grapes he’s got at the moment must taste sour.

The whole debate has managed to deflect attention away from the fact that the away side in the derby managed to create three times as many chances as the home side that rarely looked like adding to their tally.

Edited by intercity0wl

“Maybe he’s never played above League One and it was a massive game for him. He’s probably never played in front of that many fans before but to come out with comments like that was a bit disrespectful.”

Irony allert!

And also can I ask, what level is 'Monty' playing at exactly? Oh yeah that's right, the same as Lines (well a bit below I suppose).

They will get pasted tonight as they clearly can't get over Sunday!

Just not bothered...