Sheffield Wednesday 3 - 1 Chesterfield

...i was concerned about how we looked after the substitutions and how Chesterfield kept possession...against a more clinical team I think we may have struggled, but I also think Megson knew exactly what he was doing, gave nearly all the players a run out and I'm pretty sure that against a better team he wouldn't have made any changes unless they were for a reason.

We have an almost fully fit squad, strikers working for a place and scoring goals and a defence that if it stays awake is keeping clean sheets and frustrating other teams....an excellent platform for next week....

Great win and goals that will have other teams worrying about who to mark...how foookin' good does that feel....bring them grunters on... lol

as i posted against hartlepool, we have won luckily again!! chesterfield deserved summert out of that bt ill take it, but we cant win eery game by luck!!

Well done boys 2nd place

Most games require some luck. At this level, thankfully teams aren't that clinical.

When we get two up then we should be able to close it off, but we fall asleep too much.

Guest wildstevo

Most games require some luck. At this level, thankfully teams aren't that clinical.

When we get two up then we should be able to close it off, but we fall asleep too much.

its the wednesday way, we think we are home and dry but nooo thats too easy, lets keep the fans touching cloth

...i was concerned about how we looked after the substitutions and how Chesterfield kept possession...against a more clinical team I think we may have struggled, but I also think Megson knew exactly what he was doing, gave nearly all the players a run out and I'm pretty sure that against a better team he wouldn't have made any changes unless they were for a reason.

We have an almost fully fit squad, strikers working for a place and scoring goals and a defence that if it stays awake is keeping clean sheets and frustrating other teams....an excellent platform for next week....

Great win and goals that will have other teams worrying about who to mark...how foookin' good does that feel....bring them grunters on... lol

I reckon they're a little worried......

_50037167_micro-pig226.jpg

its the wednesday way, we think we are home and dry but nooo thats too easy, lets keep the fans touching cloth

Scunny was a fine example. Wish I'd worn brown kecks!

Didnt get to watch the game today, were Chesterfield carving us open or something?

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest wildstevo

Scunny was a fine example. Wish I'd worn brown kecks!

Didnt get to watch the game today, were Chesterfield carving us open or something?

lol, put it this way if they had a striker who could put the ball in the net it could av been alot different! clarke missed an absolute sitter 2

lol, put it this way if they had a striker who could put the ball in the net it could av been alot different! clarke missed an absolute sitter 2

Still, Clarke is one of the better strikers in this league, if he couldnt put it away then perhaps we will be let off more often than not.

Hopefully we can tighten up for next week but I think that Chesterfield do play good football and did so last season in the JPT.

How many really quality strikers are there in the league. Not many i would suggest. How many times under AI did we create alot of chances and not put any away. Strikers command the largest fees for a reason. Madine is superb, just gets better and better, plus we potentiall have COG and Lowe to show us what they can do.

Guest wildstevo

Still, Clarke is one of the better strikers in this league, if he couldnt put it away then perhaps we will be let off more often than not.

Hopefully we can tighten up for next week but I think that Chesterfield do play good football and did so last season in the JPT.

agreed, but if we dont tightern up that defense against grunters they will make us pay so they all have to keep there concentration for 90 mins

Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 Chesterfield (Buxton 17, Madine 59, Marshall 87)

Possession: 57-43

Shots on target: 7-2

Shots off target: 1-7

Corners: 7-6

Fouls 16-14

Most fouls: Semedo (5) Clarke (5)

Yellow cards: 1-1

Red cards: 0-0

Bywater, Buxton, Batth, R. Jones, Bennett, O'Connor (J. Johnson 53), Semedo, Lines, Marshall (McGoldrick 90), O'Grady (Sedgwick 72)

Subs not used: O'Donnell, Reynolds.

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Chesterfield.

Lets hope we're in the top two at the end of the season, Clarke does look like he's lost some weight, still no regrets letting him go though, just weren't good enough for Sheff Wed. I reckon it would be a good idea if we signed Bywater, looks a good keeper and get McGoldrck & Marshall signed up both quality players, who would really help us get promoted even if we just have them till the end of the season.