I would do nothing other than bring him on for the last 20-30 minutes. He can't perform from the start of a game and seems to relish that sort of "I'll show you" attitude a sub can bring. When he starts he is more often than not lazy, greedy or just not good enough. Yes he is quick but he can't run with the ball properly, he can't cross and his shots on target are less frequent than his red cards! Then he gets injured and misses another 2-3 months. JJ isn't the answer and I think we are slowly finding that out with our current team. He seemed much better over the last few seasons because we have had absolutely nothing in midfield, now we have genuine strength in depth he will (or should) struggle to get back in.

But less of the thread-jacking

Keep up the good work Reda.

He'd seemed an improved player under Megson tbh mate last season, with a better workrate and was working better with the team. Lets not let 1 very poor showing totally put us off him, he wasn't fully fit by all accounts anyway.

Particularly with only Marshall as our other proper winger (I don't count Sedgey as one anymore unfortunately, he's just a wide midfielder), we'll likely still need JJ so lets not write him off yet. If Marshall moves on in Jan we'll be desperate for another wideman with pace after all, so we might be relying on JJ then (hard thing to do I know mind).

He'd seemed an improved player under Megson tbh mate last season, with a better workrate and was working better with the team. Lets not let 1 very poor showing totally put us off him, he wasn't fully fit by all accounts anyway.

Particularly with only Marshall as our other proper winger (I don't count Sedgey as one anymore unfortunately, he's just a wide midfielder), we'll likely still need JJ so lets not write him off yet. If Marshall moves on in Jan we'll be desperate for another wideman with pace after all, so we might be relying on JJ then (hard thing to do I know mind).

The problem is that we have shown that JJ can't be relied upon! When the going gets tough JJ hides or gets sent off. He is a negative influence on the team too if you ask me. Always whinging at someone and sulking. I'd sooner see Sedge out wide than JJ to be honest. At least he tries his socks off.

Just not bothered...