Guest wednesday_lass

Got to say, he can be a bit 'bambi like' at times....but he's come on leaps and bounds in the past few months, and is also such a nice guy behind the scenes.

Full interview is on player. Some things he says (may not be exactly word for word):

On playing left back...

My position is CB but the Gaffer asked me to play LB because he thinks it is good for the team, I think it's good because we have won our last 3 games. It's not natural because have you seen my size? I think I am the biggest LB in England, so it's a bit funny, but we won so...

On the current form...

I won't speak about the 11 players, we have a full squad and all of us want to be promoted.

On the supporters...

I am very happy every time, we have the best fans in the division and the same in the Championship. So just for them we have to go up tot he Championship because they are just the best fans ever.

On the next two games...

Missing the Chesterfield game so the manager will pick someone else. (Seemed a bit gutted that he might lose his place for the United game) the big games are what players want to play in. You like games like that so it should be amazing.

Guest 3rdApril1993

I like Reda, tho the rough diamond cliche clearly applies.

I think his mistakes are partly out of misplaced enthusiasm and partly because he takes so much responsibility in terms of going for tackles and interceptions - his attitude is excellent.

If he can get the balance right I think he's going to be a MASSIVE asset to us.

Not sure about at left back, tho his all round game there on Sat, was impressive - not just the goal & his heading.

I'll be honest and say I'm still very doubtful of Reda and his abilities - still think he is prone to a MASSIVE clanger in each match. Although with him now at left back it seems as though the pressure is off him somewhat, if he completely misses the ball the 2 centre-halves should be there to cover him, instead of him being the 'last man back'.

I'll be more-than-happy to be proved wrong, but wouldn't be happy to see him return at centre-half.

He seems to have found his position at left back. I can't put my finger on why but he seems a lot more compsed there. I don't know if it is because positioning is a bit easier and he can show the player down one side but he just looks 10x the player at left back to at centre back where he looks nervous and prone to a massive wee wee tail up leaving someone through on goal. If the guy keeps playing like that then Bennet is going to have a job on getting his place back.

Same with Lines at CM and Prutton shouldn't get that place back yet either.

Just not bothered...

He seems to have found his position at left back. I can't put my finger on why but he seems a lot more compsed there. I don't know if it is because positioning is a bit easier and he can show the player down one side but he just looks 10x the player at left back to at centre back where he looks nervous and prone to a massive wee wee tail up leaving someone through on goal. If the guy keeps playing like that then Bennet is going to have a job on getting his place back.

Had to laugh on sat when in home end, when reda did one run in 1st half the pools fans near me were saying flippinghell their team s MASSIVE

Think when pruttons back he will end up filling the role joc has performedon sat (steady player on opposite wing to marshall.

That said would love to see jj and Marshall released against chessie on sat

Think when pruttons back he will end up filling the role joc has performedon sat (steady player on opposite wing to marshall.

That said would love to see jj and Marshall released against chessie on sat

I'm done with JJ. I've invested far too much in him over the last few seasons and he is just an enigma. Never performs on a regular basis and is a liability more often than not.

Just not bothered...

I like Reda, wholehearted and committed. Obviously still relatively young and prone to mistakes but this is League 1 and these types of players at this level are. I think he will develop into a very decent player and prove a good asset to the club, either playing or through sale.

Unusual but smart move by GM too sticking out at LB, slightly less crucial if he does make a mistake and his height along with Jones and Baath doesn't half cause problems at the other end.

I'm done with JJ. I've invested far too much in him over the last few seasons and he is just an enigma. Never performs on a regular basis and is a liability more often than not.

I dunno what we do with JJ. We've signed him for another 2 years so we can't just chuck him in the reserves each week now.

I'd bring him off the bench as an impact sub the next few games and see how effective he is then. And if he performs well then we can think about starting him on the other wing to Marshall again.

I dunno what we do with JJ. We've signed him for another 2 years so we can't just chuck him in the reserves each week now.

I'd bring him off the bench as an impact sub the next few games and see how effective he is then. And if he performs well then we can think about starting him on the other wing to Marshall again.

I would do nothing other than bring him on for the last 20-30 minutes. He can't perform from the start of a game and seems to relish that sort of "I'll show you" attitude a sub can bring. When he starts he is more often than not lazy, greedy or just not good enough. Yes he is quick but he can't run with the ball properly, he can't cross and his shots on target are less frequent than his red cards! Then he gets injured and misses another 2-3 months. JJ isn't the answer and I think we are slowly finding that out with our current team. He seemed much better over the last few seasons because we have had absolutely nothing in midfield, now we have genuine strength in depth he will (or should) struggle to get back in.

But less of the thread-jacking

Keep up the good work Reda.

Just not bothered...