Matchday Refs performance thread

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Nearly 17,000 people witnessed, ANOTHER abysmal performance from the match official Yesterday, Wonder if his match assessor will agree and mark him down accordingly, or will he be of the same opinion of a certasin Matt Bamsey, who covered and reported on the game for this Mornings The Football League Paper ( great paper by the way) who thought yesterdays matchday officials performance deserved a staggeringly high rating of 7 out of 10.

I honestly think the game is being ruined by cr@p officials who havent got a clue what they are doing.

The more technology we can get into the game the better for me.

Goal line cameras, Instant Playback viewed by fourth official who decides if a goal was offside, if its a penalty etc etc.

How long must we put up with w@nk refs........its time for football to come out of the dark ages.

sc owl has it spot on. Just because we won doesn't mmean we should absolve the ref, (drysdale), like we shouldn't forget Cheatvil. In the first 19 mins he gave them 8 decisons, ALL of which were wrong and one was the other way. A truly astonishing display. he clearly revelled in the abuse theatrically waving his arms around. I hate to believe this but I don't see how how he could have honestly got it so wrong.

I over 40 years of going to Hillsborough I struggle to remember any of the famous "homer" referees that Liverpool, MU, etc get.

have we had a decent ref at hillsbrough this season?

Yes, but the good ones get forgotten about as the bad ones come around so often.

The ref yesterday was for a stage one of possibly only three referees I honestly thought was cheating in my entire football-watching life. In the first 30 minutes he went far beyond a limit I would class as just pure incompetence and on to something even worse. Thankfully he seemed to settle down in the second half, so perhaps it was just a showing of outright incompetence, rather than purposely cheating.

I reckon the FA put that woman linesman together with that ref on purpose, just to take some of the heat off her back from the crowd when they already know how awful the guy on the pitch with the whistle is. He defied belief at times in the first half.

yer could have have an ardent pig ref it fairer...

years ago it was true, and still is now...the better the ref, the less you noticed him...

there's always been the mingmong muppet headed arsewipe that thinks the crowd has turned up to watch them ref...

but these days we're crawling with them, some of the first dozen decisions on saturday were nothing more than common sense, yet he still got them wrong...

complete plonker...

i watched them warming up, and he was trying to show off to the bird...

Problem with these half baked refs in this league is that they are not used to doing their job in front of more than a few thousand fans , so when they come and have to ref in front of 17,000 they are such dire refs that they don`t want to be seen to go with the crowd and be seen as being swayed so they go in totally the opposite direction and give whoever has a big crowd f**k all and then lap up the boo`s . :wacko:

Ah well here is the Raef for saturday, a Mr Graham Salisbury, who has refereed S Yorkshire sides in his last three games without any of them Scoring, lets hope that changes along with the seemingly endless list of below par officials.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/interviews/20110414/men-in-black-graham-salisbury_2293411_2338502

Good grief, he is another one who thinks its all about him! Awful ref.

Problem with these half baked refs in this league is that they are not used to doing their job in front of more than a few thousand fans , so when they come and have to ref in front of 17,000 they are such dire refs that they don`t want to be seen to go with the crowd and be seen as being swayed so they go in totally the opposite direction and give whoever has a big crowd f**k all and then lap up the boo`s . :wacko:

yeah, they probably think the booing shows their assessor that they are willing to confront unpopularity...

unfortunately, they are not confronting unpopularity, they are causing it through their own incompetence...

it's the little hitler/napoleon syndrome...

she did that at least 4 times

That'll be you not knowing the offside rule and the active and inactive player portion of it she flagged when the striker became active which you call late .

I thought the Ref was a disaster but the woman lino got little wrong including several offside that the Wednesday fans near in the north who couldn't possibly tell were screaming that she had them wrong

Guest intercity0wl

Good grief, he is another one who thinks its all about him! Awful ref.

For what its worth i though yesterdays referee also had a poor game, Ah well maybe next weeks will be the week we get the Good average one.

Guest intercity0wl

Well here is this Saturdays offering from the Football League, maybe this is the one who will go about it without being one of the main talking points come 5.00pm tomorrow evening, although his card count this season suggests otherwise.

Games refereed by G Eltringham in 2011/2012

Choose another season2011/20122010/20112009/20102008/2009 YEL RED Football League Two Sa 06Aug 2011 Shrewsbury 1 - 1 Plymouth

yellow-card.16.0.png 2

loading.16.0.gif Carling Cup Tu 09Aug 2011 Hartlepool 1 - 1 Sheff Utd

yellow-card.16.0.png 3

loading.16.0.gif Football League One Sa 13Aug 2011 Chesterfield 1 - 1 Stevenage

yellow-card.16.0.png 3

red-card.16.0.png 1

loading.16.0.gif Football League Two Sa 20Aug 2011 Morecambe 2 - 0 Aldershot

yellow-card.16.0.png 2

loading.16.0.gif Football League Two Sa 27Aug 2011 Accrington 2 - 1 Burton

yellow-card.16.0.png 1

loading.16.0.gif Championship Sa 10Sep 2011 Peterborough 0 - 1 Hull

yellow-card.16.0.png 4