Matchday Refs performance thread

Guest intercity0wl

Guest D.J.Nick1212

I thought after 5 minutes, " here we go again" and I think that could have been part of the reason we didn't get going, because the reef wouldn't let us! Once we scored, we took over the game and we were never under threat, made the game easy to ref so he made less mistakes! Thought the lineswoman was ok TBH,

I'm struggling to come up with the words to describe that performance from the referee. He was truly, and utterly awful and as others have been said, had his performance continued I would have seriously doubted his integrity. As it turns out, I think he's either had the worst game of his life or he is just really poor at his job.

I expect refs to get things wrong. I'm becoming used to refs making poor calls both ways, and to an extent I sympathise with them because I don't think the governing bodies are doing refs any favours by not bringing in the technology that could help them. But there are still some refs that haven't got a clue.

It was 22 minutes on the clock before we got a decision and the ironic cheer that greeted told the story. Out of the first half hour of the game I don't think the ball had been in play for longer than 15 minutes with all the stoppages.

One silver lining - the wednesday of last season would have crumbled in that first half and gone in 2-0 down. Our fighting spirit won that game in spite of the referee.

Guest intercity0wl

I expect refs to get things wrong. I'm becoming used to refs making poor calls both ways, and to an extent I sympathise with them because I don't think the governing bodies are doing refs any favours by not bringing in the technology that could help them..

What, sumat like a pair of Glasses you mean.

I didn't think the female Lino got anything wrong to be honest. Even the tight calls she got spot on for me.

The ref on the other hand is just the worst in a long line of poor officials this season.

Every time the ball went out she didn't have a clue which way to call it. And when that long ball got played over the top and COG or Madine (can't remember) ran onto it, he was clearly about 5 yards onside.

Guest Triplej2

It was so 1 sided in the 1st half hour i thought we were on You've been framed but after that it was like our goal, the crowd and the general tide turned so much he thought "f*ck it, I'm going with these guys, there's only 1 winner here and I'm jumping on board"

He needs a serious talking to to be honest.

Every time the ball went out she didn't have a clue which way to call it. And when that long ball got played over the top and COG or Madine (can't remember) ran onto it, he was clearly about 5 yards onside.

He wasn't, I know exactly which one you mean, it was Madine. He went about half a second early and I called it offside just as the ball was played.

As for some of the ins and outs, they were 50/50 so she didn't have a clear choice, the ref gave her no help at all. What she did do well was alternate with the 50/50's which is all you can do. If you don't know you have to take an educated guess, then the next time you go the other way if there is nothing between it.

Just not bothered...

Weve won 3-0 and the ref cost us nothing however i would still say that it was the worst and most bias half of refereeing ive ever seen! Whoever his boss was in the stand must have had a word at half time.

However for us to win 3-0 and still whine about the ref just shows how awful he was

I was sat near the front of the South on the right and she barely put a foot wrong, not sure what the issue there is?

She was doing the right thing for the offside decisions too, they weren't late calls as some seemed to be moaning at in the stand, she was waiting for the striker to attack the ball before raising the flag.

I don't usually complain about the referees either, as while they sometimes look useless they're only trying their best. Today I felt the referee was absolutely playing up to the crowd and trying to be the centre of attention, basically cheating and not officiating to the best of his ability. Shocking performance in the first half.

Unsurprising that once the crowd started getting behind the team after the opening goal and stopped giving the referee attention he stopped making ridiculous decisions.

She was so far behind play at one point she couldn't flag for offside as she wouldn't have had a clue wether it was or not as she struggled to keep up.

The female assistant ref was right in front of me and did alright. Possibly got a couple of the very close offsides wrong, but when you have half a dozen close calls to make, you'renever going to get it right every time.

She also called the incident mentioned with Madine correctly- i was pretty much right in line and he (unfortunately) moved a second too early and was a couple of yards offside. Shame really because all he had to do was look along the line and he would have been in- he did go and stick it in the net after the whistle had gone too and it would have been his hat-trick. (No surprise there- he is a demon in front of goal.)

The ref was awful. The lad next to me had his phone out at half-time and apparently we had been blown for 10 fouls by that point. And yet we barely made a f**king tackle! So, so whistle happy.

Thought he was doing it on purpose frst half hour to get crowd going.... Did improve a bit after this but C'mon man.

Also noticed the Pony tail in front of South, got one offside blatantly wrong mid way in second half. Is it coincidence that the female assistants always parade in front of the south ? ........Think not