megson out

Indeed Bartos, that's why they call me the Guru. You gonna go to Stevenage?

No I'll not be going any further than S6 until my son arrives and has been with us at least 6 weeks.

i realise that i'm coming across as a moaning b*stard for being one of the only people on here who accepts that we're not good enough to get promotion, but rather that than living in dreamland.

getting a point away at a promotion favourite is a f*cking brilliant result, i'm just saying it feels like we got it through luck rather than application. we don't look like a team, we have no plan, we just bumble our way through games and hope something happens.

We had a set-up, realised it was wrong and changed, got back into it, created more pressure, got used to there style of play, frustrated them, reduced them to long crosses, brought on a sub, he equalised. And albeit in my opinion finished the stronger side........... How is this not applied? Long strike cracking goal right in the corner, had I been 6 inches to the right of ROD, Wednesday 3 points. In Gary we trust

I'm just surprised at some people's lack of worry at our attacking play. We can have all the strikers in the world up front, but if we can't get a decent ball into them then they won't score.

It's all well and good people banging on about JJ not being there, but are we really relying on a player who a) has 5 quality performances a season b) is seriously injury prone and c) is quite possibly the most selfish and blinkered player I've ever seen, to provide that quality supply?

I'm sure I'll get negative response to this, but we have no creative talent. We need a pair of players who can create those chances for our championship quality front line. Otherwise we can enjoy another season of just missing out

I think you right on some level better quality supply an we'd be laughing all the way to the champs, but I think your wrong on the fact of us not having the players, we have the players to supply, good players at that but the ball is going over their heads supply the midfield so they can supply the forwards :-D

i realise that i'm coming across as a moaning b*stard for being one of the only people on here who accepts that we're not good enough to get promotion, but rather that than living in dreamland.

getting a point away at a promotion favourite is a f*cking brilliant result, i'm just saying it feels like we got it through luck rather than application. we don't look like a team, we have no plan, we just bumble our way through games and hope something happens.

Are you serious?

We had a plan and it went boobies up after three minutes, so Megson changed it and went with Plan B. At half time he re-organised and then after Lowe's injury changed it again. How many plans do you want in one game for goodness sake! If this had been last season, Irvine would have persisted with the original plan and we'd have gone down by four or five.

On top of all that we only had half a team out and yet half of you out there are in a state of panic. For goodness sake get a grip, the last two occasions we have been in this division we have started out far worse and ended up getting promoted. At least give the man a chance, if we aren't in the mix come Christmas then the criticism might be deserved, but even then look where we were last Christmas and where Southampton were and how it all finished up.

After 6 games last season, Brighton were in 8th place with 11 points. (they had a game in hand so had played one less as far as league positions go).

Southampton in 22nd place with 4 points.

Peterborough in 1st place with 12 points.

We were 7th place with 10 points.

So, it all means nothing at this stage of the season.

I'm sure we'll improve as the season progresses - we definitely have a better team than last season and on last night's showing, will be a lot harder to beat particularly as we begin to gel and get most of our players back from injury.

Funny game football - on the same number of points last season we were HMS P*ss The League, and one year later the world is about to end :wacko:

Edited by Daz

To put things in perspective:

79/80 - after six games, won 2 drawn 2 lost 2 (both defeats at home) so on today's points system we would have had 8 points.

04/05 - after six games, won 3, drawn 1, lost 2 (including a 3-0 home defeat to Colchester on the opening day) 10 pts

We need stability.

He has had his current squad together for a week. He has had to deal with injuries.

We have just gained a point away at what is arguably the best side in this league.

I am not sure what the argument is? What exactly are you hoping for?

Keep up the good work Megson!

There are some real tools on here.

Why not put your toys back in the pram pal.People are rightly f##ked off with the style of play a style more akin to our piggy neighbours this is the worst football i have seen in over 25 years and includes last season even under irvine at least it was comical towards the end this is just turgid stuff played in a way that is unknown to most sides now for some off us.Megson is turning us against our club in numbers at present and if he turns 1,000 off the gate its far to many.I knoe people who just are'nt intrested in the last few weeks and can't be bothered to go because they don't want to see what we are turfing out worrying times even if we are'nt losing at home we are in a sense because people are'nt coming through the gate.

My toys have never been out of the pram and to say this is the worst football in 25 years then you certainly have a crap memory so much so it borders on alzheimers see link as you probably don't know what it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzheimer's_disease . Did you forget that Irvine couldn't beat 9 men?. Megson isn't turning "us" against our club in numbers and has built in the short time he has been here a solid squad with the resources available to him.

Guest highamowl

we are still missing bennett, JJ, COG, Weaver and Lowe went off injured fairly quickly. So thats 4 of our starting 11 didnt make the game, and the new signing up fron went off injured. Yet we still have the squad to get a point away at promotion contenders.

We have not had a period where we can get the squad settled yet due to all these injuries, but I think once we get them all back, Megson has put together a more than capable squad. We have the best looking starting 11 we have had in a long time, and players to come in and replace them, which is something we have been missing. The signs are much better than last season, and if we can get a settled starting 11 which starts to gel, I think we will do well. JJ will be back soon, who will add us an extra dimension compared to starting sedgewick, so things are looking up

To put things in perspective:

79/80 - after six games, won 2 drawn 2 lost 2 (both defeats at home) so on today's points system we would have had 8 points.

04/05 - after six games, won 3, drawn 1, lost 2 (including a 3-0 home defeat to Colchester on the opening day) 10 pts

You're right, of course, and it should put things into perspective for people but we did change the manager not many games later during the 04/05 season.

Edited by DamnedOwl

We started Lowe on the bench...

.Incidentally, he got injured trying to compete with a massive centre half for a ball down his throat.

He better get used to them this season if he ever gets back fit.

poo poo pal your glass is well and truly half empty. If you really dont like Wednesday that much go and collect stamps or summat

Edited by Bens dad

Yeah I'll have that bet with you DaveyBoy, it's one I'd be more than happy to lose. Tell you what, we'll meet at Stevanage and shake on it. Perhaps you can bring SOB with you to hold the money.

okay you're on...I can't do Stevenage though as I'm working...my next away game is hartlepool...as for holding the money there's no need for that we'll just pay up at the end of the season or sooner...unless you're like Bizzle or Tonto