Megsons future...

Guest philkingsmullet

Guest intercity0wl

Honestly your unreal all i said was if we are'nt around the top 6 around november there is a real possiblity of him losing his job.Ok its early the team need to gel but the signs so far away from home are not encouraging at all we can win at home all we like but Megsons away win rate whilst being here is terrible and simply the sums add up that unless Megson and his team starting picking a huge amount of home wins up and find a little form on the road we are in for a tough time making the playoffs.The way Megson plays we simply are'nt set up to go and win games away and when we go behind we will always find it difficult to get back into games.

Thankyou, I will take that as a compliment.

Guest Manwithastick

yeah lets sack him cos we not in top 6 by xmas.we dont need to be in top 6 then lets just plug along like southampton did.and get job sorted over the season.give megson time to do his job.

It's unrealistic to expect to 'do a Southampton'. Their last 27 games of last season were P27 W20 D4 L3

Guest intercity0wl

It's unrealistic to expect to 'do a Southampton'. Their last 27 games of last season were P27 W20 D4 L3

Unrealistic yes, impossible no, as your posting of the Saints stats prove, although i dont expect us to have to repeat there results to attain a top six finish.

Edited by intercity0wl

I also believe it takes time to build a good side and there are plenty of managers who would be happy to do that. Most managers coming into a job would add 2 or 3 of their own players, put their own ideas across on the training ground and steadily build a side in their own image. Were this the case with the current manager, then fine.

However it isn't the case is it? Megson came to the club, decided he couldn't or didn't want to work with the players he had. Luckily the chairman backed him and he was afforded the luxury of bringing in a whole team over the summer. Personally I don't believe this is the right approach but like Irvine before, that has been the managers chosen approach and like The previous manager, he will be judged on the success of those tactics

Guest totemowl

As long as Megson continues to improve the squad on and off the pitch, I reckon he will be given until the end of next season to get us promoted.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I always thought 2 points per game was promotion form?

We are only 1 point shy of that target unless I am being dumb on this Sunday morning.

Draws against Charlton away and MK Dons away are important - wins would be reassuring, nothing more at this stage.

4 points from these two games would be fantastic.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Draws against Charlton away and MK Dons away are important - wins would be reassuring, nothing more at this stage.

Clearly dumb!

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

despite having one of the best budgets in the division

I question that actually.

How do you define budget?

Does this include the inherited wages for players he doesn't want? Does this include the cost of getting rid of deadwood?

I think 'Megson' has had very little budget 'himself' to play with.

He has been shopping in Netto's, not Sainsbury's.

I think this will be the case in the future too.

I think he has to 'make do and mend' personally.

Megson has not had his own budget or unfettered dealings in the transfer market.

No way IMO.

Love him or hate him, he has to be given plenty of time. Starting threads suggesting he'll be under pressure this year is pointless. Let's see where we are at the end of the season.

Of all clubs, Wednesday know chopping and changing managers achieves nothing.

He needs time to do the job he has been given - end of!

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Being 7 points behind the top two is a good indicator.

I am old enough to realise how reliable an indicator being up there was last year and how disappointed I was that we didn't make the Champions League when we had 12 points from the first 4 games under that dicksplash Pleat.

Not a wind up, I just figured if we lose to both charlton and mk dons, out of both cups, and united were top two, that MM might consider his options.

I dont think the league position of Sheff Utd will have any bearing on MM sacking Megson.To MM they are just another team that we are up against.

Out of both cups?you make it sound like the FA Cup is included in there!Now theres a cup that Megson will play his first team in so we'll see how we go in that rather than how our 'reserves' did in the two competitions that you refer to.

We wont lose to both Charlton and MK Dons.

Almost everyone can see that the team that Megson is building is getting stronger and stronger.MM will see that too.Theres no way Megsons getting sacked while progress is being made.Football teams arent made overnight.They take time.

Relax,have some patience,have some confidence,things are progressing in the right direction both on and off the field.

I've never failed to be surprised about how quickly a team can suddenly go on a run of results after finding the right formula or balance within the team.

Megson has known what he wants to do with the team all summer but has been hindered by not always being able to bring his first choice targets in. Yet, despite enduring what has ultimately proven to be a frustrating summer, and a stuttering opening to the season, with him still trying to recruit missing parts of the jigsaw, with the assorted loose change available, he maintains his optimism and belief that this can be a promotion season.

Something needs to click, the balance of the team needs to be right, and we need players on the bench who can make a positive

impact when coming on. Because our squad is not huge, again because of the need to be prudent, we also need more luck than we have been having with injuries.

Megson works with what he has got and inmy opinion, is doing a magnificent job in the player recruitment department with what he has got to spend.

What we're waiting for now, and I'm sure we're nearly there, is for the first eleven to be finalised, for Megson's ideas and tactics to embedded, and well rehearsed, and for the initial spark as catalyst to a decent unbeaten run, and I am certain it will happen at some stage. We can cope with the odd defeat during the interim period.

Onwards and upwards.