Megsons future...

Guest philkingsmullet

Guest philkingsmullet

Should the worst happen on Monday, and we get battered, how long do you think MM will stick with megson??

Genuine question...

I have a feeling he wouldnt let an irvine situation arise again.

My gut feeling is he might be gone by the end of September if we are not firmly in the top 6.

Should the worst happen on Monday, and we get battered, how long do you think MM will stick with megson??

Genuine question...

My gut feeling is he might be gone by the end of September if we are not firmly in the top 6.

That's 5 more games...

So you reckon that if we're 8th in the table after 5 more games, MM will sack Megson?

Not a chance.

Barring a horrible run of 5 or 6 defeats on the bounce, Megson is here for at least the rest of this season. MM has already made it clear that he's not one for throwing money around, so I can't see him being too eager to pay Megson's contract off.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Guest philkingsmullet

Not a wind up, I just figured if we lose to both charlton and mk dons, out of both cups, and united were top two, that MM might consider his options.

Shot down for asking for some views. Standard owlstalk cliques.

Guest Triplej2

If we lose narrowly whilst playing "football" i see no problem, but if we get firmly spanked or play long ball/ panic ball then I agree with the OP, megson has had enought time and has the right players now to give ANYONE a game home or away. A disorganised bag of sh*te performance like Bury and i honestly think MM will be weighing up his options.

Not for 1 minute am I saying that we will, but if we do show ourselves up I think it will have implications.

From what i've seen at home I know we can play a bit of football, I just hope megson doesn't set off on the back foot because we're away, that attitude achieves nothing but making us look long- ball and usually results in a loss.

Guest gringo69
if we arent 6th by christmas say goodbye to GM :)

Aye 7th and 3 points off top and he's a gonner.

Good job he puts more effort in than you do watching, you've done more walk outs this season than the winter of discontent.

Guest Big Guns

Genuine question...

It's impossible for an Irvine situation to arise again no ones as bad as Irvine megson gunna take us up

Once GM has got HIS team (with hopefully a couple of good additions next week ) playin well together he will whoop some ass in this league. He is not goin anywhere. His signings so far individually are great, once they gel will be even better. U can nearly say its his team but Milan has picked a couple and he has lost some of his main targets which more than likely is not his fault. So in a way he is not working with desired team but I'm sure he will get the best out of each one. He got Joc playin better at end of last season, Buxton is playin his best football, madine is pickin up, Sedgy pre season got better etc etc.

And, and a big AND, every player he has got rid of he has replaced with better.

Let's all give him a chance and get behind all the team and staff on our journey. He too is a Swfc fan and want success as much as any of us. To him this is not just a job.

To be fair MM has said that he expects one thing from this season so, to be fair, the pressure is on GM to delivery. That said, all managers have targets to achieve and ultimately, unless you are Alex Ferguson then you will always be, effectively prolonging the inevitable. To be honest, if we are well off the pace at Xmas then sacking GM then would probably achieve very little. As under AI, the squad he assembled would have failed to deliver and as such there would be a requirement for yet another dismantling and rebuilding job for whoever suceeds him. Can't see MM forking out to pay off GM or spend loads more cash on players.

Happy Clapper. :st2:

lol! Closet Happy Clapper!

Guest intercity0wl

Genuine question...

One sugar or two

Guest intercity0wl

Every chance he will be gone by november if we are'nt top 6.Its his squad and they simple can't afford not to perform.There is probably more pressure on our squad and manager than any other in the league.

Why did i know the original grim reaper would appear in this thread, did your, somebody has predicted gloom alarm wake you up ?

Very split about Megson. I went to the fans forum at Hillsborough bout a week after Megson signed & was worried about his footballing philosophy. Although at least he was upfront about it.

He seemed to me to have a very British, outdated view of football. That only the top few teams in the country (top of the tree as he calls it) have the players with the ability to play a passing game. Everyone below could not achieve success, unless they hoofed the ball up field.

It is this view that has resulted in the England football team being a joke internationally, and why we won’t win the World Cup for at least two decades. More forward thinking managers and teams in England have a different view, which is why we are seeing teams such as Doncaster, Bury & Chessy massively over performing. The passing game works at every level. Spain world cup winners, Barcelona EC winners, Spain U21 world cup winners. Will we be the last country to see this?

I personally see a little glimmer of hope. I thing GM started with the full intention of turning SWFC into a kick and run team regardless of the squad. I now think he has seen that we have players who can play football (Madine,Palmer etc) and has changed his tactics a little. Still not sure that GM is the right man for the long term. Hope he is.