AM, FM or DAB

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Currently, radio sheffield blunt split their frequencies as follows, Tomorrow the blunts are on FM & DAB and the Owls are on AM! I have a DAB radio that has FM on it but can only pick up AM in the car! I am asking if people agree the split should be AM & DAB as one and FM the other! What's your thoughts??? If you agree , tweet football heaven!

Guest Ripley Owl

Currently, radio sheffield blunt split their frequencies as follows, Tomorrow the blunts are on FM & DAB and the Owls are on AM! I have a DAB radio that has FM on it but can only pick up AM in the car! I am asking if people agree the split should be AM & DAB as one and FM the other! What's your thoughts??? If you agree , tweet football heaven!

Good idea, but i'm sure there's a good reason behind it.

It's a good suggestion. Isn't that the way TMS does it as well; five live sports extra and Radio 4 long wave?

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Giddings has said they could split any way, he says they debate the split on a weekly baisis but don't have any opinions! I'm suggesting giving them some!

Guest 03 owl

Why can you not listen on your computer or phone either?

Who cares if somebody on the other side of the country or other side of the world is listening?

Let's face it we all know that on the continent they pick up any Premiership broadcast live on a Saturday, so I'm sure the F.A. and Football League can cope with international radio broadcasting.

In answer to the OP, it should be FM for one game and AM/DAB for the other.

why you say that ?

Guest Big Guns

Get a better radio like mine that picks all 3 up

robstaton Rob Staton

From now on our commentaries will be FM one game... AM & DAB the other. So tonight Everton vs #SUFC is on FM, Blackburn vs #SWFC is on AM & DAB because Pig fans can't afford a DAB!

Full quote above ;)

Edited by mjk81

Good move to go FM and DAB/AM. For away games I usually listen in the car as I can get FM on the hill outside the village, but not in the valley. Need to drive 20 miles west before I can get a decent am signal and DAB is even further. Signed up for player this week, so that will help and can also get RS on my mobile over the net. Just about all options covered now. :smile:

how strong is a dab signal? i can just about get sheff here in skeggy, wonder if dab is stronger?

DAB's usually weaker than AM - I can pick up Radio Sheff on MW fine on an analogue radio in the house (near Holmfirth) but I can't get any DAB reception...

Good move to go FM and DAB/AM. For away games I usually listen in the car as I can get FM on the hill outside the village, but not in the valley. Need to drive 20 miles west before I can get a decent am signal and DAB is even further. Signed up for player this week, so that will help and can also get RS on my mobile over the net. Just about all options covered now. :smile:

What game will RS cover online? Both?